Sign in to follow this  
Ciggie

Surface mining is boring.

With the influx of new players, let's try & make surface mining a little fun.

My suggested change would be 1 point in Mining = 1% increased chance to mine shards when surface mining.

Aka 20 Mining = 20% chance to mine shards, 90 Mining = 90% chance to mine shards.

Edited by Ciggie

The stone strike enchant can be buffed instead if we really should make it easier.

Tho i have to say i dont agree it should be easier.

Yeah the Stone-Strike could use a Buff (20% with 100 power i would suggest) and maybe get it a bit erlyer then got damn 75 Faith. Make it 40 with 50 Favor. Sounds more resonable for a QoL enchant like this.

Otherwise I think its good that surface mining is not TO esay. Its a bit frustrating that ther is no information for new player why it just funkion other then in mines or just simply digging (waht is confusing and inconsistent) but it prevent overterraforming and is a nice troll barrier since trolls don´t want to invest TO mutch time into trolling.

Edited by Radircs

I am not sure if very new players should surface mine at all. Many changes made this way are very hard, if not impossible to fix or reverse. 

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 2

To be honest surface mining is an action that literally can chisel away at the land and shape it beyond sometimes repair, its a mechanic that although boring requires a lot of knowledge at higher ends

I think keep the same, anything that has so much permancy and ability to go horribly wrong should have  very very minor updates

• Like 5

I don't see any reason to change.  I have, and presently build many roads through mountains.  I do understand it is hard for the lower skilled peeps,but does get better.

However, the suggestions of a level option that keep appearing on the forums are IMHO good ones. It is tiresome to jump around on these spikes, and falling off them with zero stamina - either to the water or on the rock floored hole.

3L59Tlw.png

• Like 2

Surface mining is boring, but that's not a bad thing. The impact is pretty much permanent - your reward is your mark on the world and the ability to flatten mountains.

• Like 3

Surface mining was changed not too long ago, used to be a flat 1/5 chance.

From wiki:

The chance for a surface mining action to lower the rock is related to skill, with a minimum chance of 20%, and a maximum of 50% at 100 skill.

No, tunnelling is boring.  Surface mining is more like trench-digging.

😇