Sign in to follow this  
Andru

Sleep Bonus + Affinity not doubling skill gains

# What happened

Sleep bonus is not doubling skill gains with ship building. Skill gains went from a low/minimum of 0.010~ to 0.013~ per gain with NO AFFINITY OR SLEEP BONUS to a low/minimum of 0.013~ to 0.016 with occasional highs of .021 which trailed off to a stable .017~ as a high.
On average maybe a 20%-30% skill bonus, ballpark.

# What you expected to happen

210% Skill gain boost, at least that's what the wiki says. I asked 2 other players who said they have noticed 2x the skill gain per gain occurrence with just sleep bonus.

# Steps to reproduce
I'm honestly not sure since some other players are sometimes seeing 2x gain. My character name is "Andru" in game on Northern Map, Melody Island. I can reproduce it for you right now since it is still occurring.

Additional notes:

I've noticed sleep bonus doing strange things or trailing off after an initial boost to the skill gain in the past.

THIS IS WITH THE STEAM CLIENT

Edited by Andru

15 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

set skill tick update to all not per 0.01

has nothing to do with it dude, i'm already listing gains in the 3rd decimal place. On my client i have set to the fourth decimal place.

Please just read what i said and understand that's what is occurring.

Edited by Andru

im well aware of how it works, you've got updates set to 0.01, so every time you pass the threshold it'll show a tick which shows all decimals. if you're at 0.0099999x gained since last update and get a tick of 0.0000001 it'll show as a 0.1 tick , if you get the same 0.00999x tick it'd show as 0.0199x. your ticks are smaller than 0.01 so you're only seeing a tick every few actual skill gains, and sleep bonus is increasing the frequency at which you see them due to you having skill tab update set to 0.01. change it in settings - text

[09:28:53] Mind increased by 0.000038 to 49.326553

[09:29:13] You start using your sleep bonus.

[09:29:20] Mind increased by 0.000076 to 49.326630

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 3

Welp i'm sitting here with Daxton he is not getting 2x either.

He got a 50% bonus with sleep bonus active vs without.

I set skill tick update further out and i am still seeing the same thing. Hang on let me do another big sample size.

I'm still seeing pretty wild fluctuations, mostly at .0072, i've seen .0032 and randomly a .018, and .0100 with sleep bonus and affinity active. I'm going to turn off sleep bonus and see how it affects the gains.

Edited by Andru

[19:49:14] Ship building increased by 0.0036 to 19.0109

[19:50:41] Ship building increased by 0.0079 to 19.0425

[19:51:08] Ship building increased by 0.0095 to 19.0520

^^ WIthout sleep bonus and with affinity

I'm looking at the numbers now and i'm going to have to double down on my original assessment here. I am on average getting *at most* a 50% gain, with an occasional outlier big gain.

Even with sleep bonus active, sometimes the gains are identical.

are you using a consistent timer? like a 30 second action gives 3x bigger skillgain ticks compared to a 10 second action. there's 0 reason why you should be getting one tick thats 2.6x bigger than another unless you're using wildly different timer lengths or only one tool has coc

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

are you using a consistent timer? like a 30 second action gives 3x bigger skillgain ticks compared to a 10 second action. there's 0 reason why you should be getting one tick thats 2.6x bigger than another unless you're using wildly different timer lengths or only one tool has coc

every 3 actions has been the same, 3 initial crafts and then letting stamina rejuvenate.

That's been constant the entire time.

Ship building increase of .0036 with and without sleep bonus, several times, identical.

Edited by Andru

18 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Yeah nevermind. Getting stable gains now.

Devs feel free to close the ticket i guess. Getting stable 2x. Even scaling up to long timer actions. I dont know what was going on with the .0032s but im not seeing that now.

every single action is stable per timer length now. Thanks oblivion for  helping me tinker with it

Edited by Andru