Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

Caravan and camels

We should be able to hitch animals one by one in column. Animals conducted in this way would be attacked by aggressive mobs.

Instead of a saddle, there should be a harness that would allow 2 small barrels or 2 large boxes to be loaded onto the horse, 3 for a bull, 4 for a bison.

Since we have deserts, we would need camels that would move faster on the sands and other terrain where horses are slowed down.
Animals during the journey should require water and each pet or branded animal on which we are riding should have an icon in the UI with a water bar. Camels could maintain a greater supply of water than other animals.

Would be cool to see some caravan raids on the PvP server. I like the idea of hitching a horse to a horse, but have it be stuck on a timer so we can still use it for PvP without the 1000 backup mounts. Have the amount of animals you can have in a caravan be restricted by animal husbandry.

1 minute ago, John said:

Would be cool to see some caravan raids on the PvP server. I like the idea of hitching a horse to a horse, but have it be stuck on a timer so we can still use it for PvP without the 1000 backup mounts. Have the amount of animals you can have in a caravan be restricted by animal husbandry.

I think 4 is max per caravan. Leading is not restricted by any skill, so I would suggest make it same way.

On 8/26/2020 at 3:42 PM, Darnok said:

I think 4 is max per caravan. Leading is not restricted by any skill, so I would suggest make it same way.

Than whats the point of it? Why not just lead 4 animals and not be attacked..  most of your ideas are creative although some of them are extreme, but they all almost always lack one thing and that is balance with current mechanics and iniciative to use. They just introduce more difficulty for the sake of having them giving no real advantage...

Alrhough having camels would be interesting i don't see deserts large enough to justify using them for speed bonus. And what do you intend to bypass with caravans, why bother using them, risking to be attacked when using large cart would be simpler for same or bigger amount of things to transport, no high skill requirements...

30 minutes ago, kochinac said:

Than whats the point of it? Why not just lead 4 animals and not be attacked..  most of your ideas are creative although some of them are extreme, but they all almost always lack one thing and that is balance with current mechanics and iniciative to use. They just introduce more difficulty for the sake of having them giving no real advantage...

Alrhough having camels would be interesting i don't see deserts large enough to justify using them for speed bonus. And what do you intend to bypass with caravans, why bother using them, risking to be attacked when using large cart would be simpler for same or bigger amount of things to transport, no high skill requirements...

"Instead of a saddle, there should be a harness that would allow 2 small barrels or 2 large boxes to be loaded onto the horse, 3 for a bull, 4 for a bison."

Caravan would be faster than cart.

Edited by Darnok

I really like the idea of camels in general, ones that can be ridden and/or loaded with crates and packs. Also the increased speed in desert terrain. Not sure about the rest of it.