Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes: 26/AUG/20

3 hours ago, RainRain said:

The last changes were noticeable within the same day of the change - mobs die off fairly quickly, at least in Defiance.

The reason that was visible so quickly was because the spawns were more localized as noted in the previous notes (creatures respawned first in areas that had less creatures).

Right now it's again more spread around the server as it always was so the results will be spread out too.

So the spawn rate changes have resulted in entire deserts and steppes devoid of mobs in southern BL lands and there are dozens of mobs within a stones throw in the northern WL lands.  Are we really supposed to wait a few weeks to get balance for fight skill grinding?  This is really gimping BL FS for new players.  Is anyone laying eyes on this right now?  It is pretty immediately apparent to the players.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Urbanius said:

So the spawn rate changes have resulted in entire deserts and steppes devoid of mobs in southern BL lands and there are dozens of mobs within a stones throw in the northern WL lands.  Are we really supposed to wait a few weeks to get balance for fight skill grinding?  This is really gimping BL FS for new players.  Is anyone laying eyes on this right now?  It is pretty immediately apparent to the players.

It's horrible, It's almost impossible to grind FS in the BL lands. We need a fix ASAP for this.

Last week was great for mob spawns here in mid Xan. Today there is hardly anything. :(💔

Edited by Katrat

deserts are barren, steppes are barren

please bring me back the lovely spawns from before this patch, i desire nothing more than fresh weaponskill gain

or at least put it back on defiance

• Like 1

Horses move East, at the moment they also drift south, earlier in the week they were drifting north.

Any low flying GM about 50 tiles off the eastern shore will see many hundreds of horses in the water, also tortoise. I am on Cadence, east coast, north, I expect the other servers are the same.

2 hours ago, RainRain said:

please bring me back the lovely spawns from before this patch, i desire nothing more than fresh weaponskill gain

The exact opposite happened where I am hunting (from the many posts some areas were empty and others overrun with mobs).    Since January I moved twice to finally get to an area that had decent - not great - spawns.  The spawn disappeared with the 8/18 patch and stayed gone.

I think it will take work to get reasonable spawn rates that are fairly evenly dispersed throughout each server but I'm sure they're working on it.

From what I've seen things are very patchy. The steppe near me is empty and has been for at least 3 weeks. The desert isn't so bad, but it's all scorpions and crocodiles so I assume no one is killing them yet. I haven't seen a wild horse or bison in weeks. Cows are notable, bulls nearly non existant. Rams appear with relative frequency but not sheep. Some areas seem to get multiple mobs, whereas I've seen maybe a dozen on my travels since the previous update.

On 8/28/2020 at 4:36 AM, RainRain said:

or at least put it back on defiance

There is nothing here where I'm at on Xan either! I'm bored to death here! It's total snoozeville!!! 🥱

What, exactly, should be the distribution of mobs/animals? The steppe near me was full at server launch (Harmony), but has now been empty for weeks. Should creatures be respawning there, or is that not how it works?

Fix: Reverted the creature spawning distribution changes. Creatures should still no longer migrate north, but we are investigating the issue with creatures getting crowded in enclosures.

And the southern areas of Xanadu are empty again, it was nice to be able to hunt here. Even if it was only for a few days.

Hopefully still being worked on, that and the xanalag would be my top two things to improve at the moment. Maybe the North should still have the most spawns as people deeded there for that reason, but increase the spawns South to some extent. And reduce the spawn rate of hyenas, they are almost as numerous as unicorns were before that was fixed.

The Blacklighters on defiance loved the mob spawns when it happend in areas with less mobs...

Can it be re-enabled atleast on our server? it was truly FUN to hunt. (hint hint: customer enjoyment increased in your entertainment product)

9 hours ago, Zekezor said:

The Blacklighters on defiance loved the mob spawns when it happend in areas with less mobs...

Can it be re-enabled atleast on our server? it was truly FUN to hunt. (hint hint: customer enjoyment increased in your entertainment product)

Bet all the saccable was fun for casting too. Unlimited mob unlimited favor gg.

• Like 1

The current mob spawning situation on Defiance continues to be miserable. Players with low fighting skill are pretty much stuck there. I went through 5 of the major steppes and 3 of the major deserts yesterday and saw maybe a total of 100 mobs across all of them, mainly trolls and hell scorpions.

• Like 1

TROLLS TROLLS EVERYWHERE - FLUID MECHANICS | Make a Meme

There are so many trolls. We got hardened, we got greenish, we even got slow! We agree, no one likes easy to skill FS on monsters like seals, spiders, or bears, we want only TROLLS!

That is, if you can find mobs.

Edited by Radni

have y'all considered that trolls are the new faction in wurm and they should be respected and given rights too?

• Like 1

Apparently having mobs around to skill FS on was an exploit guys, it's been patched. 😅

On 9/5/2020 at 3:50 PM, Zekezor said:

And heres the north...

https://i.imgur.com/QoduiCo.jpg

• Like 1

Its a feature guys,. Not a bug. Use your training dummies... then upgrade to players!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this