Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes: 26/AUG/20

PatchNotes-1.jpg
  • Change: When enemies are in local, disembarking vehicles and mounts will place you directly under them. Embark/ride max distance is now limited to 1 tile. (PvP only)
    • Note: We'll work with feedback on this issue to address it further if necessary. 
  • Change: Maximum drake and scale drop from unique kills has been slightly reduced on Defiance. (PvP only)
    • Note: No dragon or hatchling has been killed yet on Defiance.
  • Fix: Fixed stealing action making items busy, stealing can make settlement guards attack you. (PvP only)
  • Fix: Reverted the creature spawning distribution changes. Creatures should still no longer migrate north, but we are investigating the issue with creatures getting crowded in enclosures.
  • Shortly after this update, failed PayPal payments will be reconciled. Purchasing through PayPal currently works as usual and should have no delay.
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Zekezor said:

Uhm... Swing timers still reset tho... don't they...?

so.... just keep spamming ride/dismount on a pet...

i want to see and laugh at the very next video of someone doing that! 

ps. no really... im looking forward to it 

• Like 1

Hopefully it will fix the creature spawn as only seen one spider spawn total in a week, west of Harmony bay.

I hope this long downtime doesn't affect the Rite timers, it was still up for 3h on Harmony for Fo followers..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vedalkin said:

Why so long to get back up? Thought it was 30 mins?

Independence is having some issues with the host, so we're in the process of gathering more information. Other servers will remain offline while we do this.

11 minutes ago, faty said:

I hope this long downtime doesn't affect the Rite timers, it was still up for 3h on Harmony for Fo followers..

52 minutes left.. gg

[10:45:51] <xxx> made it where when you get to close to a Enemy you dismount

Be nice if you could update the wording on this change. A lot of people are confused and think its going to auto-dismount you when near an enemy. 

• Like 3

When enemies are in local, you will always disembark vehicles and mounts directly under them

means that when an enemy enters local you teleport under them if you disembark for ez pvp engagement

Can I ask for clarification on the creature spawns? I've been seeing a handful more in the south but nowhere near what I'm used to in northern Xanadu. Are you looking at another fix for this?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, olafhairybreeks said:

Can I ask for clarification on the creature spawns? I've been seeing a handful more in the south but nowhere near what I'm used to in northern Xanadu. Are you looking at another fix for this?

At least one of the things they were attempting to address but hasn't been completely figured out yet is the inbalances in spawn rates. My deed had over 200 trolls spawned in a few days for no reason, where as other areas have nearly next to nothing from what I've read. They're currently working on getting a fix for these issues I believe (per my thread.)

Thanks Hatake! My neighbour has been getting loads of trolls, spiders, bears etc but I've yet to see a single sheep!

20 minutes ago, Hatake said:

At least one of the things they were attempting to address but hasn't been completely figured out yet is the inbalances in spawn rates. My deed had over 200 trolls spawned in a few days for no reason, where as other areas have nearly next to nothing from what I've read. They're currently working on getting a fix for these issues I believe (per my thread.)

wish that happened around my deed.. could be even 500 greenish trolls. My archery would be 99 with 99 fighting too.. yet you wasted it all killing with guards and GM and complaining lol

Edited by Skatyna

39 minutes ago, Hatake said:

Man I would kill for a chance to get 200 green trolls on or near my deed.  Shield skill and Fight skill would get boosted a lot.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Hatake said:

Ok that is hilarious. I mean it must have been annoying, but... 🤣

17 hours ago, Zekezor said:

Uhm... Swing timers still reset tho... don't they...?

so.... just keep spamming ride/dismount on a pet...

From my testing, when I had 1 account swinging and 1 account embarking and disembarking every second or so on the same tile I was able to kill the account fine. If this becomes an issue we are open to expanding the changes to help with that but I was not able to replicate the combat resetting on my local server.

17 hours ago, Rudie said:

Channeling update when?

For now we plan to leave it with the channeling nerf for to many links. The update was changing it from favor regen reduction to a channeling nerf when you have to many links.

44 minutes ago, Darklords said:

For now we plan to leave it with the channeling nerf for to many links. The update was changing it from favor regen reduction to a channeling nerf when you have to many links.

If it's still being considered, there should definitely be some changes to how channel skilling works. As-is, the people who got their fill before the nerf managed to grind their channeling very high and very quickly- and channeling is still definitely too difficult to grind. 2 links alleviates this, but it's going to be extremely noticeable for people who don't have any links at all.

Adding more spells to help with channeling, or having a way to make easier spells have artificially increased difficulty (i.e converting the heavy armor penalty into a direct difficulty increase) would help. Alternatively, making sacrificing far less of a pain.

"Fix: Reverted the creature spawning distribution changes. Creatures should still no longer migrate north, but we are investigating the issue with creatures getting crowded in enclosures. "

Been out and about and looks like it's not worth going hunting on my half of the map again...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DevBlog said:

• Fix: Reverted the creature spawning distribution changes.

Thank you.  The area where I'm at is not great for mob spawn but it is better than it was this past week.

With any creature spawning changes it's important to know that the changes will not be immediately noticeable, since the spawning only happens until the max creature cap is hit, and so only once creatures are killed off around the server.

Safe bet would be to wait a couple weeks and see how it looks - it should be as it was before the creature distribution changes, except no longer biased towards northern areas.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Samool said:

With any creature spawning changes it's important to know that the changes will not be immediately noticeable, since the spawning only happens until the max creature cap is hit, and so only once creatures are killed off around the server.

Safe bet would be to wait a couple weeks and see how it looks - it should be as it was before the creature distribution changes, except no longer biased towards northern areas.

The last changes were noticeable within the same day of the change - mobs die off fairly quickly, at least in Defiance.

Well true and not true. We killed yesterday around 150 Mobs(scorpions and Crocs) in the desert on the road. But in the north of it ther are still like 100-200 more of it. And this is just a visible point of the mega spawn. Ther are probaply regions on the map that are not so often traveld and have ther share on this. We need to wait at least a Week until the first of them died from Age and starvation. But we shuld see the effekt soon since ther is a lot of hunting for FS on the PvP Servers. Propably more then on the PvE server.

Sign in to follow this