Sign in to follow this  
Chadadams

Harmony spawn rates are non existant

Creatures other than seals are basicly non existant with maybe the occasional Unicorn or troll. i started on the day Harmony was launched and have never once seen a spider wolf mountain lion etc.This needs to be fixed. Iknow at least 4 people that will not be re prem there accounts until this is fixed and know a few more thinking about it.Please fix this. Thank you.

Its quite likely that due to the sheer density of deeds, there is no where suitable for them to spawn

I have seen some critters every now and then, I take usually a proper hunting trip in order to find them. I have noticed though that some areas are basically empty, there are no critters at all. So there are mobs, but you need to make a little trip to find them, they are most likely not waiting for you on your backdoor, unless you live on a desert, where the crocodile and scorpion infestation occurs. 

We currently see on Defiance in some regions a absurd amount of spawn (respawn nerly as fast as you can kill this stuff) while in others its quite empty. We currently think it could be becous of the Kingdom influance since the patch say its more wightet now with the spawn towards "people" and this would be a esay way to detect player densety. Maybe try to build 1 or 2 Guardtower away from any deeds (i would suggest a steep) and look if its help. I notice a lack of towers on the new freedom servers since kingdom influance is not neccesery for a deed.

Perhaps it's time to consider designating some areas of the map as "Hunting grounds" where nothing can be built on them, except perhaps some standard terraforming (tunnels, roads, etc.)

Everyone needs to hunt and skill up their FS/Weps and some servers are notorious for having poor hunting grounds or in difficult locations to access.

Reminds me of that situation on Deliverane where no horses would ever spawn on the map due to the lack of steppes/ overbreeding of deed horses that led to the number of  wild horses to stop spawning due to reaching their server cap.

Just to add to my earlier idea, here's an example on Desertion, the two steppes on the map were long designated by the players, (yes by the players and not devs) as server hunting grounds. Horses/sheep are amazing for skilling weapons.

Cases were discussed with players wanting to deed there, politely requesting people to not ruin the steppes or make huge deeds over them. Guess what? It worked. Some parts of the steppes got damaged, but overall their integrity was preserved for close to a decade.

Funny how on a pvp server (pvp being infamous for "toxic behavior") people had a more pro-social attitude to the idea of preserving steppes as natural hunting grounds.