Sign in to follow this  
Craft

[Hit and miss] Confirmed bug: Libila sermons and alignment

I made one of each priest on Harmony. All are receiving alignment gains from sermons except the Libila priest.

The Libila priest is not gaining "losing" alignment from either listening to or holding sermons. All other priests are gaining alignment as expected.

(Note that each sermon has had 6 or more listeners that are both premium and followers of a white light deity.)

The only alignment the Libila priest has gained is from butchering alt's corpses. (Currently at -6.00)

All other alts are maxed in alignment.

Is this a bug? Can anyone else confirm they are experiencing the same issue?

Edit:

I performed another test...

After being part of a successful sermon held by my Fo priest, the Libila priest did not gain/lose any alignment. I then immediately ran over and butchered a corpse of an alt of mine. No alignment was awarded for that action either. I believe this shows that the sermon is registering as an alignment change and locking the timer for 30 minutes, yet awards no alignment.

Update:

I gained alignment a few times, now several days later the issue has returned. More successful sermons with no alignment gained/lost and the alignment timer has been tripped.

Can also confirm having 6 valid Libila listeners did not offer any change to the results.

Edited by Craft
Adding additional findings

I believe you need to have Blacklight followers for Libila to get - alignment and to give - alignment

Thanks Nocturnes that is one possibility. However, I do not believe it to be the case since the Black Light priest is receiving all other benefits from sermons held by white lighters.

As I understand it, sermons are meant to spread the word of their god. I would imagine those following other deities would be more prized as listeners.

I'm hoping we can get confirmation from the Development team on if this an intended or a bug.

i thought it used to be the case that religion didn't matter at sermon groups, sadly i can confirm that lib can't hold sermons with WL anymore it seems.

Please fix this, there is barely enough for a sermon  with WL priest i can never find a full Lib circle, everyone seems to either not have a priest at all or have enough to do private sermons...

Sermons are not giving our libila priest alignment in Defiance either.

Started working again! Thanks to whomever fixed it. :)

[13:43:33] You finish this sermon by yet again praising Libila and ask everyone to pray together with you.

[13:43:33] Libila is mighty pleased with you!

[13:43:33] Alignment decreased by 4.0000 to -26.8784

Bumping this, as I will be in the same situation in a bit, having converted to Libila.

This definitely needs to be looked at and at least officially acknowledged - silence is never good customer care.

More info on this...

A fellow Libila priest attended the same sermons as my character. They were receiving alignment credit for attending while my character didn't receive any.

This progressed over the course of multiple sermons. 8+

This leads me to believe it's an issue with the character.

Hope that helps in some way.

Back to butchering newbs for me! Cheers!