Sign in to follow this  
LillyIsAwesome

Whole list of ideas and complaints

I've got a few ideas/complaints :)

Animal spawns are lacking (at least Harmony)

I've seen the streams where people asked about it and Retro showed his spawn graph claiming everything is fine... it's not. It has never been. Maybe one of the reasons you actually attempted to fix it with one of the last patches, somehow. Still, there are huge forests, steppes, mountains devoid of any animals and anyone who's just starting of trying to up their fighting skill is struggling. Do penned animals count towards the numbers on that graph you've shown us on the streams? 'cause it sure feels like it. Way less horses, cows and bulls in the wild.

- why is the spawning system based on the whole server, not per map grid?

- why is there no hunting server with limited (or none) deeding options?

- why are there hundreds of hunter mobs in the north?

- where do newbies find horses when they start?

- if you count animals on deeds towards the total animal count in regards to spawning, then, well... why?

Boost the spawns, especially for neutral mobs.Prevent mob overcrowding (deserts with hundreds of mobs). Make them grid based, not server based. No point in having 50 horses stuck in the NW corner of the map while the whole area around HB is devoid of any animals.

(disclaimer: I hunt a lot, sometimes going for 16+ hrs hunting sessions so I somewhat know where to go to get what I need but I still feel like the spawning system is not finished and could use a lot of work)

My cart still goes invisible

Why is that still a thing? Happens when going over mine doors or in general moving around cave entrances.

Can't control tamed animals while in combat

I cannot issue orders to my combat pet while I'm fighting something. Overall controlling tamed animals is not fun and combat pets are more of an annoyance rather than a thing. The lack of control when in combat in general is very frustrating.

Footing and distance in autofight mode

Is footing and distance a thing in autofight mode? If so, then why can't we see it?

Multitarget combat

Why can't we see that we're being attacked by multiple things?

Trees in the view

Why is the world designed in such a way that you have hard time seeing anything while hunting in the forests? I often get ambushed by champ trolls especially when I'm in a fruit forest. That shouldn't be a thing. Those things should be seen from miles away. It also makes navigation quite a pain as all the trees and grass use similar textures so it's just a generic forest.

Transfering 1 item out of crates

That shouldn't require confirmation. Doesn't make sense to fill out how many I want when it's just one.

Map annotations being reset

Personal annotations get reset, why? I'm not the only one who's experienced this. Only village annotations stayed on, personal ones got deleted.

Map quality and ideas

Why is the map so blurred and low def? Retro claimed it's not. It is. I'm looking at it :)Everything in the game is sharp and easily readable and then the map looks like something went wrong. http://wurmonlinemaps.com/harmony click this, zoom in and you can count the pixels. Truth be told, I'd expect a cartography skill and no map to start with. Let players discover the map, let them draw things onto their maps and share them with others via copying.

- high q map image + let players draw on it with pens and dyes

Regular map updates

Why are you making map dumps only once in a long time? Why not every day? A background process can be running the whole day to save processing power (if need be) and slowly render the map. Why are they not part of the game itself but players have to use sources outside of the game for navigation?

Surface mining doesn't have the "level" option you get in caves

I understand that the idea behind this is to limit the amount of terraforming. What I don't really understand is why? I feel like the 20-50 % chance to succeed a digging action is punishment enough.

Butchering corpses gives the same skill as filleting

I feel like butchering corpses should give way more skill than filleting to help hunters deal with the fail rates. I'm 72 FS but only 22 butchering as I don't feel like standing still surrounded by meat (not yet anyway). Doesn't make much sense. I do butcher all the corpses.

Paths are unbalanced

The different paths could use more love :) Knowledge seems to be a one trick pony - 25 % skill gain with the first 2 skills being almost useless. Insanity is a joke at best. The first skill get info in the path of knowledge should at least give us the exact age of the animal (useful for hell horses to determine when they're going to unhitch and leave you stranded).

Deities are unbalanced

I'm going to guess here but I'd say most of the Harmony server are Vyn and then far behind are Fo and after them are Mag and Lib followers/priests. Why? Maybe move the most used spells between them a little bit? Or better yet revies the buffs they give as they don't really seem balanced.

Seals and other neutral monsters don't go after you when aggroed

Can't pull seals out of the water, should work for all animals - aggro, move back and they follow you. Clubbing seals while swimming is not fun and doesn't justify hauling a boat when hunting.

Some animal spawns make no sense

Why are there bulls and cows in the desert? Why are there seals in the desert?! That's torture, right? :D

Why can't we craft from the ground/crate/cart?

What's the point of making bricks and such one by one and having to transfer the materials every single time? Why can't we just drop a whole bunch of mats on the ground, dive into them and emerge victorius with all the crafting done without having to move little bits of things back and forth?

Why is cotton so rare?

Foraging for random things hoping to get cotton is and always was painful. I understand that there's some sort of a boost to the chance of finding cotton when you're missing more than 15 % of your life but the odds of finding cotton always felt incredibly low compared to the consumption (until you get LT weapons). Why can't we forage directly for cotton? Why can't we forage directly for the things we're looking for? Would be nice to see those things on the tiles and then our foraging skill would be used to roll a chance for successful foraging action.

Mobs get stuck on cave entrances

And you can't fight them from the outside.

https://gyazo.com/9a5e68af68836d8c02e94dbe0f83964b

Let us zoom away further

Set max camera distance higher ^_^

Let us hide the helmet

It's already been said but to make sure...

I've got more ideas but this already is a wall of text so I'm calling it here. The only reason I'm posting this is that the Steam launch might've brought some more incentive to get some updates done, at least I hope so and there are plenty of things that should've been updated long time ago but the time wasn't just right I assume.

If I've offended anyone or my post came across rude or whatever... it's not meant to. It's just a list of things I came up with while travelling for hours to find a few spawns that I could across the map. And sorry for any typos and such :)

• Like 3
  • Cat 1

Giving a -1 without actually argumenting his points is meaningless.

Most of what OP said is actually quite a valid criticism of the game and valuable feedback for the devs. Some have been suggested over the years to be fixed.

In any case, I would like to see the answers to his questions.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, elentari said:

Giving a -1 without actually argumenting his points is meaningless.

Most of what OP said is actually quite a valid criticism of the game and valuable feedback for the devs. Some have been suggested over the years to be fixed.

In any case, I would like to see the answers to his questions.

I agree some of the things he talks about like invisible carts, the rarity of cotton, and impossible creature spawns have been an issue since I started 8 years ago! 😮 

Spawn rate is too slow for a larger population.

There should be "expedition islands" where only tents can be taken and set up on ground, and deeds are not allowed. Possibly some regions on current maps, should have a status "king/royal lands", you can hunt there, but you can't build or deed anything.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 7:57 AM, LillyIsAwesome said:

Some animal spawns make no sense

Why are there bulls and cows in the desert? Why are there seals in the desert?! That's torture, right? :D

Counting corpses, I saw 4 crocodiles in the inland margin of Melody's central desert.   I guess "desert" is why 3 out four were dead.

On 8/26/2020 at 7:57 AM, LillyIsAwesome said:

Let us hide the helmet

No.  Wear it or don't wear it, but let's not start making stuff invisible.  There is already too much of that.

EDIT:

p.s.   I like the look of the adventurer hat, so wear one of those most of the time.  If I forget to switch it for something more suitable when I need to prevent head-bashing-in then that's my own stuff up.  That said, I would like two "load outs" for kit.  As in what is equipped in either hand and what is on the head/face.  One default for pottering and the other for fighting (activated automatically on targeting but also able to be manually activated).

Edited by TheTrickster
e.g.
  • Like 1

need someone to manually put some animals down and take some off auto is not working .i agree with alot he/she has to say thanks

Edited by christopher