Sign in to follow this  
Nordlys

Cadence Community Map

Cadence Community Map

Im working together with@Yagaon making and maintaining the Cadence community map.

The official community map link is here:

>>> http://cadence.yaga.host/ <<<

This map is currently using the ingame map as a background. Note that as soon as the official map dumps of the Northern Freedom Isles are released, we will change the background.

Colors and symbols:

BBLuYzP.png

How to add stuff:

Please post in this thread to report new or changed data. (Do not send PMs, neither on the forum nor in-game! Do not use Discord to add data either!)

Please use tile coordinates (x, y) to report new map data. (Hover your mouse pointer over the location you wish to report, click once to see the coordinates in the "Selected" field, copy the coordinates.)

Deeds: Please report the settlement name and the coordinates of the settlement token. Example: "Serendipity Bay [1650, 1384]"

When the official map dumps arrive we will take on these things:

Highways: Please report the coordinates of all points describing the highway (start,  "corners", end). Please use this format: "[305,1453], [305,1415], [226,1415], [226,1383], [156,1383]"

Tunnels, Canals, Bridges: Like highways. These elements can also be given a name.

Other: You can also report clay and tar resources, guard towers, and special named landmarks (like names of lakes and mountains, as long as agreed among the local community.)

Features

1. Map coordinates:

The map offers a common type of map grid (as an optional overlay), using the same denotation as the in-game map (for example "E 24").

However, to place and find locations in a much more detailed way the new map is based on "tile coordinates" (x, y), making it possible to narrow down locations to a single tile on the server!

This allows us to place deeds and landmarks much more precisely than before. (Map coordinates are explained in the next post.)

2. Zoom:

The map provides various zoom levels, allowing to zoom in from a view of the entire server to close-ups of single deeds.

3. Layers - This point will get added when we have the official map dump of Cadence:

Deeds, Tunnels, Canals, Bridges etc. are actually map layers which can be toggled on and off. You can also choose among two map types (Terrain, Topographical).

4. Finding settlements:

The map offers an easy-to-use search function for deeds.

5. Selecting locations and copy coordinates:

You are able to select any point on the map and save the coordinates for future use.

Map Development:

The software for this map was developed by Substr, and will be maintained and updated by both Substr and Yaga. It is part of an ongoing project. Further improvements and features will be added in future updates. I would like to share my thanks to Sybstr and Yaga who creates quality community content.

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 5
  • Cat 1

1 hour ago, zCat said:

Toad Hall 3570, 920

1 minute ago, HareKrsna said:

Bhaktivedanta Manor [1407, 2553]

Both added. Thanks. :) 

• Cat 1

1 minute ago, Nievette said:

Drunk n Thorny  1392, 2940

Added, thanks. :) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Scuro said:

Fisherman's Retreat 734,3402

7 minutes ago, Baldaegar said:

Orukai 3271, 3391

Both added. :) 

2 minutes ago, Thamorian said:

2060, 935

Hermitage

1 minute ago, Sirtokemhatz said:

1710,1711 House of Windsor

Both added - thanks! :) 

3 minutes ago, Pingster said:

3725, 1803

The Lakeside

3725, 1835

Appleville

Done! :) 

Not sure I have the exact coordinate, but going off of clicking on the map:

944, 730

Serenity Hill

Dvergrfjall  [3443, 1514]

Been calling the mountain there Dwarf Mountain   (which is what Dvergrfjall means)  haven't heard anyone else mention a name for it.

Edited by Jorgath

Azure Dreams

Approximations for deeds that aren't mine:

Crimson Pass

Crimson Bay Canal

Edited by Nekojin

4 hours ago, farscry said:

Not sure I have the exact coordinate, but going off of clicking on the map:

944, 730

Serenity Hill

Added.

4 hours ago, Zerobyte said:

454, 2330

LO Retirement Village

Added.

2 hours ago, Jorgath said:

Dvergrfjall  [3443, 1514]

Been calling the mountain there Dwarf Mountain   (which is what Dvergrfjall means)  haven't heard anyone else mention a name for it.

Added. Lets see if we can start adding some names to landmarks when we get the mapdumps. :) 

2 hours ago, Snoo said:

657, 863

Home 

Added.

2 hours ago, Nekojin said:

Azure Dreams

Approximations for deeds that aren't mine:

Crimson Pass

Crimson Bay Canal

I added Azure Dreams. Will try to only add deeds submitted by mayors until we get proper knowledge of what the Cadence community wants. :) 

1 hour ago, fendewen said:

Lame Horse Mine [2583, 2071]

Added.

1 hour ago, Dorf said:

Rivandale  3384, 1282

Added.

Thanks guys. :)