Sign in to follow this  
Cipacadrinho

An Epic solution for Southern Freedom

Hi! :0

Since you guys decided is ok for people on the new cluster to not have their faiths merged and can be a crafter on pve and a priest on pvp while all their skills outside of faith and fight are shared, i was wondering why not offer the same perk to the southern freedom cluster?

So why not make it so that southern freedom can travel to epic and be a crafter or a priest there while having their skills shared?

Because the Epic skilling system is different right. Well just make it that only 50% of skill grinded on Epic transfers back to Freedom then.

That sounds good but then there might be technical difficulties like with the Jackal/Freedom ones right? 

Well either polish up that system untill you know it works or create an in-game system where players can opt in to have the freedom skill gain system when they go to Epic while getting their skills 100% transfered.

If they dont opt in for this they will use the Epic skilling system but have no skills transfering?

Another solution would be to just reset Epic and make it Freedom skilling system gains while the people that are  playing there get a baloon animal and like a 25% extra xp buff on their toons from now on on any server they play.

So, to be exact, you reset Epic then give all the characters that lost skills, gear and deeds there a 25% xp bonus on all servers.  Oh wait but then ppl will just go to Epic before the wipe so they can get the buff:( Uhm give them the buff just on the new Epic then and two baloon animals.

Actually could give them baloon animals but only to the people that owned a deed on Epic for like a few months before the wipe date you will keep secret and then they can use the baloon animals to train fight and weapon skill like a training dummy only they dont take dmg and there is no cap to how much fs they can train on it.

What would this acomplish?

- people could play a crafter and a priest on same toon just like northern freedom can

- more people would play on Epic more battles more fun plus the new players can be told: hey play on Epic is so much faster skill gain so you catch up faster and if you go on Freedom your toon will not get there with no skills as 50% of your Epic skills will transfer to Southern Freedom.

L.E. Why would they do this?

Because of what we have learned:

- from steam launch we  learned that people are most likely to start playing Wurm when there are fresh unexplored new lands to grab and explore

- from  jackal we learned that people dont like to grind from 0 and most importantly they dont like to grind for no skill or close to no skill transfers.

So by turning Epic into a reseting server periodicaly (6 months  or 1 year) you provide the new fresh maps so you dont have to keep adding new pve servers on northern freedom, newbies have more fun progressing in the Epic skillins systems and can play alongside vets and when the Epic resets they lose all items but they can go back to Southern Freedom with 50% of the skills transfering where they can  make a permanent long lasting deed while they have the knowledge and the skills to do so gained having fun on Epic.

So now you end up with ppl skilling fast playhing in pvp but not caring if they lose the gear and skills in pvp deaths since gear will be wiped and skills can be regrinded back up faster that dont have to spend months making giant dirt wall deeds because the server will be wiped so now you end up with deeds that are less fortified and easier to siege and would need players to come and fight and actively defend it.

Dudes thats fun.

Edited by Cipacadrinho

as a someone, who didnt go to steam and plays on epic due to the fact that i cba start from zero, i definitely do not support any resets. do what ever you want with that epic, but my characters skills stay, my deed i spent years building stays, my gear i acquired stays too. if they close the servers on epic, they must give me 100% transfer somewhere else. if they just delete my ingame assets that renders all the premium time and upkeep and anything i spent on wurm in years refundable. this is official company with off servers, not a private crap, so they just cant.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Skatyna said:

as a someone, who didnt go to steam and plays on epic due to the fact that i cba start from zero, i definitely do not support any resets. do what ever you want with that epic, but my characters skills stay, my deed i spent years building stays, my gear i acquired stays too. if they close the servers on epic, they must give me 100% transfer somewhere else. if they just delete my ingame assets that renders all the premium time and upkeep and anything i spent on wurm in years refundable. this is official company with off servers, not a private crap, so they just cant.

Wurm online is a business not a support group.

You paid prem you got 1 month worth of playtime.

That is it.

In real life if you pay rent for a place for 15 years you don't own the place and will be evicted if you dont keep paying rent.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 6:33 AM, Cipacadrinho said:

In real life if you pay rent for a place for 15 years you don't own the place and will be evicted if you dont keep paying rent.

and what does your comparison mean? in real life if you have a contract and pay your dues, noones kicking you out. As if they do, you are more than entitled to take legal actions, even court and you would win.

paying for a game is a contract too. i pay my subs, my fees for in game assets i get to keep - and that is my in-game character and everything it has. if they decide to delete my character and its assets without my consent (assuming i did not break EULA rules and got banned as a result - as getting banned would be classed as a contract breach by myself) i would be more than entitled to request a full refund of everything. 

thats why they never did that. Server resets happened, however ppl had time to move to another server with all the stuff they wanted prior the reset. Thats the reason i am saying i dont care about epic servers future if any, but i would be entitled for a 100% transfer. No characters ever were deleted that payed premium even once and i strongly doubt they would ever will. 

However, if you are so desperate, why dont you suggest deleting your own character so you can start fresh with a permanent buff?  oh, i get it, you dont really want to loose your char, but can easily suggest other ppl lost theirs as long as you get to keep what you have.. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Skatyna said:

However, if you are so desperate, why dont you suggest deleting your own character so you can start fresh with a permanent buff?  oh, i get it, you dont really want to loose your char, but can easily suggest other ppl lost theirs as long as you get to keep what you have.. 

By suggesting periodic server resets is implied that everyone would lose their character and stuff including myself no?

If you are referring to the initial wipe in order to bring  the skilling system down to par with freeedom i think a reward consisting in a permanent buff is okay since all the skills and items you gained playing on Epic were done while using a system that helped you get them alot faster and easier than the rest of the clusters.

1 hour ago, Cipacadrinho said:

By suggesting periodic server resets is implied that everyone would lose their character and stuff including myself no?

If you are referring to the initial wipe in order to bring  the skilling system down to par with freeedom i think a reward consisting in a permanent buff is okay since all the skills and items you gained playing on Epic were done while using a system that helped you get them alot faster and easier than the rest of the clusters.

and i think it would be okay to wipe the freedom skills to zero so the freedom cluster could be westernised, meaning less grind, aka x2 skill gain there to match epic. for hard work likes you could get a permanent +50% more agro range buff so you can build back your skills faster in new system.. 

1 hour ago, Skatyna said:

and i think it would be okay to wipe the freedom skills to zero so the freedom cluster could be westernised, meaning less grind, aka x2 skill gain there to match epic. for hard work likes you could get a permanent +50% more agro range buff so you can build back your skills faster in new system.. 

Why wipe 500 accounts when you can wipe 5 tho? Epic loss for you my friend.

Do you actually think you can claim hard work for your epic skills in comparison to freedom?

26 minutes ago, Cipacadrinho said:

Why wipe 500 accounts when you can wipe 5 tho? Epic loss for you my friend.

Do you actually think you can claim hard work for your epic skills in comparison to freedom?

Why wiping accounts at all? Sorry -1

All you suggestes sounds horribly overcomplicated, and useless, and cruel toward the clearly ways more than 5 accounts holding deeds and sticking to the home servers, creating enough revenue to justify the survival of these servers at the moment.

Changes to Epic may be necessary in the future. In my opinion, it would be ok if part of the skill gain on Epic would go back to Freedom, some discount to make up for shorter timers though. I do not have figures, but it should be possible to calculate averages, and maybe hone them when implemented. So far, skilling on Epic is not that much easier due to less priests available, thus less skiller tools with enchants. Once skill retransfer would be implemented the "autosleep" SB gain would have to go, and Epicers to build beds and houses as everyone.

Epic could be great for PvP without risk of affinity loss on Freedom, for hunting legendaries just for fun, for risky rifts etc. That would not need to ruin the existent population.

Ok so the people playing on Epic  are demanding solutions to make new and old players want to play on the cluster but are shutting down any suggestion that would imply them losing their skills and gear obtained on easy mode  compared to the other clusters.

No wonder the devs just completely ignore them:)

need to just pull the plug on south... its broken, abused, and the only people who actually want to play there are people too lazy to start over on north or people who paid too much for their account (which is why most of us moved to north in the first place)

Need to pull the plug on north every month, its broken and abused (linking priest exploits anyone? fight and shield skill exploits anyone?) so that people playing there dont have the chance to become too lazy and risk moving back to south 🤣

Edited by Cipacadrinho
  • Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 11:26 AM, Cipacadrinho said:

Ok so the people playing on Epic  are demanding solutions to make new and old players want to play on the cluster but are shutting down any suggestion that would imply them losing their skills and gear obtained on easy mode  compared to the other clusters.

noone is shutting down any reasonable solutions. your suggestion is not even solution to resolve anything apart from wiping player skills and their assets. once again as i said before - its easy for you to suggest other ppl lost stuff but you want to keep everything yourself. 

And why do you think its easy mode? Skilling is easier to a point - yes. what else is easier? do obtaining drake/scale is easier on epic? really? let me explain you - it drops 1.5kg fixed hide/scale on epic, while on freedom its 1.5-6kg. so it turns out to get a set of those is ACTUALLY 3 times harder on epic than freedom. Uniques are the same strength, it doesnt take 4 times less ppl to kill them. Is it easier to gain rare+ gear? last i checked its the same % rate as everywhere.. 

What else is easier on EPIC compared to freedom besides skilling up to 70 skill, as anything after is actually harder. Numerous ppl were skilling meditation/lockpicking etc on freedom actually so they can transfer those skills to epic solely due a fact that some skills are insanely harder to skill on epic compared to freedom. 

Sounds to me you just pulled out a plug out of your seat and came up with a completely rubbish suggestion and then act surprised noone supports it. 

• Like 2

We had a skills transfer from epic to freedom, giving epic players a lifeboat of sorts, if they wished to transfer to freedom with some of their skills, based on a curve fitting algorithm which meant high skilled, (about 90+) skills transferred close to 1:1 while middle range skills lost more. 

because of the way the epic skill gain system, and the effective skill curve work, it’s true that the higher your skill gets, the more difficult it is to gain skill, it took me until recently to ge to 99 med mail for instance, given breaks of a year or so in between, since beginning Epic on day one, I lost about 1 skill point, leaving me at 98, while my mining, at about 70 was calculated to be 50 ish when transferred. 

As for stuff, like gear, tools etc, given the lack of any crafters what’s left is a few players, desperately hoarding as much as they can while staving off decay, sooner or later, it’s all gone, returned to dust. But a reset at this point would be unbearably painful for the few players left, and would probably finish any hope of returning players coming back, resetting Elevation 3 times has done little to alleviate the population problem.

in short, Epic’s issues are not going to be fixed by sticking plasters, or drastic measures that may alienate the people most likely to play again. 

This:

xpJaNGw.jpg

+ character skill conversion to freedom values

And then Epic can be closed.

Edited by Wilczan

On 8/31/2020 at 6:13 PM, Skatyna said:

And why do you think its easy mode? Skilling is easier to a point - yes.

And that point being hitting 100 skill mark 🤣

Man i had 52 prayer on my priest when i went to Epic to get the 70 prayer to complete Benediction that i gathered in 1 year of Freedom play.

On Epic, going from 52 to 70 prayers took me 2 weeks of 1h prayer spam each day.... that is a total of 14h.

You come pray on Freedom for 14h and then have an opinion on wether or not Epic is easy mode skilling in comparison.

On 8/31/2020 at 6:13 PM, Skatyna said:

what else is easier?

Hmm how about imping gear? Can imp an item to 90ql on Epic faster than a 70ql on Freedom 😅

I dont doubt that skilling and gearing up on Epic is hard work, because it is, in comparison to Wurm Unlimited 20x servers 😶

In comparison to Freedom skilling system is easy mode.

Now if you imagine the devs are gonna keep rolling new servers every month to keep the new players flowing while spending the same ammount of operating costs on 4x servers with 2 people on them instead of using those 4 servers over and over in order to achieve the same thing, i am affraid you might get surprised one of these days. Rolf if gone, no more Epic will stay on as long as one player still plays on it.