Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

UI is awful fix at least few things

There is no indicator of a wound that does not heal by itself. It should be in the statuses.

There is no weight threshold indicator and information that we are slowed down and how much. It should be under the stamina, preferably a bar divided into several sections. And in the status there should be an icon reminding you that the load is too heavy.

No buttons to activate special moves in manual combat... in a game developed since 2006...

In most of permissions tables at lower resolutions, the columns overlap each other.

The event log in the larger village is difficult to track. Our actions should have a different color than the actions of village members.
Alternatively, if we produce something and something goes wrong, there should be a message about it elsewhere.

Hi,

Weight limits and weight carried are shown in the upper left corner of the character window, just hover over it to see the information.

15 minutes ago, Thalorane said:

Hi,

Weight limits and weight carried are shown in the upper left corner of the character window, just hover over it to see the information.

I know, but it should be always visible.

• Like 1

When you hover mouse over the wound, it says if it's healing or not, or worsening.

I think the idea about weight showing somehow under stamina is good, it would help. Way too cumbersome to get to it currently. At least you want to heal wounds usually, and they're displayed in order, from the worst to the lightest, so I think you look easier/often there, but at weight not so much.

I am not sure if status is the place for any of these two things. Later, at end game, when you get meditation abilities or tomes, they are all added to status icons, and they're so many you hardly see any new one. Under stamina somehow for weight would work though.

Ideally, we could have status icons split, perhaps, between permanent abilities like medi/tomes on one side, and temporary status effects on the other.

you can keybind special moves so you don't need a button in all reality.

even with different colors for event log it wont make it easier to track while its rapidly flying specially in larger villages, now maybe adding something that allows us to have personal action tab would be better. event tab for general events in vicinity and action tab for your own actions.

And the tooltips for mouse-over items in the toolbelt or containers etc. cover other items below it...this is extremely annoying and some players would like option to toggle it off.  Your other suggestions all get at +1 since different players play with different styles and more options are always  better than fewer.  Despite people being able to accomplish something or do something with a work-around or another way, suggestions which open up more inclusive immersion and improvements in QoL are a welcome.  And less mouse clicks should be a very high priority imho.

The combat log is already full of informations, it doesn't need another line saying it's too early to use focus. The focus icon should change to active when I can use it.

If the tool assigned to the toolbelt is not currently in the inventory, it should have an inactive icon and not disappear from the toolbelt. Which is confusing as you might think saving the toolbelt setting has failed.

44 minutes ago, Darnok said:

The combat log is already full of informations, it doesn't need another line saying it's too early to use focus. The focus icon should change to active when I can use it.

If the tool assigned to the toolbelt is not currently in the inventory, it should have an inactive icon and not disappear from the toolbelt. Which is confusing as you might think saving the toolbelt setting has failed.

I disagree about the icons in the toolbelt. The items shown are referenced by their unique ID, if they are not in inventory they should be out of the toolbelt. You may always stuff anything into the toolbelt, which even stays over logins unless you change to another set. I am using that actively during rifts, but also during crafting, and it would be a shame to remove that possibility. And I appreciate a lot that an item in toolbelt I dropped shows up again once I am retaking it. That is a very handy thing and allows versatile usage.

The combat window is a different topic. Its main problem are the still missing functionalities. The verbosity of the combat log is not a real problem since it is possible to undock it.You can see the status of the focus quite nicely in combat window, bit highlighting when focusing is possible would be a nice to have but in no way pressing, while the missing functions are.

When I wrote

The verbosity of the combat log is not a real problem since it is possible to undock it.

This is true when on one's own in the wilderness. In mass combat such as rifts this verbosity can become a pain, no different from local spam during impalongs, or on the Northern servers' starter areas. I already proposed the possibility to filter, e.g. only own, own team's, allies' or friends' messages, muting the rest.