Sign in to follow this  
Red

Don't change the new mob spawning code.

It's working perfectly. 

Spoiler

Other areas are completely empty. Northern coasts are worse than this sometimes lol. The number of bodies around the tower I'm standing in front of is ridiculous.

We've cleared the entire area and within an hour it had all respawned. 

I mean, I guess I'm fine with this... but sure seems borked. 

RXteJCz.png

• Like 4

I am curious to see if things do "even out" like the patch notes suggested. Thus far, not too sure lol

I don't know where those screenshots are from, but I can tell you the areas I mainly go to for hunting, desert, steppe, and forest of Xanadu C20 to E21 and Celebration C12 to F18 have nothing like that.  The spawn is a small fraction of what it was before the update.  I can post screenshots of landscapes  much larger than your screenshots that are almost devoid of any mobs.  The only thing I have seen that seems close to its previous spawn rate is hyenas and maybe black bears.  Desert mobs such as scorpions, hell scorpions, lava fiends, and anacondas are particularly slow to respawn;  e.g., 2 or 3 scorpions per day now versus 10 or more previously.

Screenshots added (Xanadu), and yes I did hunt through the area but regardless it's pretty clear it's largely empty:

IQZdia1.jpg

vvTbTVe.jpg

YSpjWS9.jpg

YNg3OSb.jpg

50br9Qe.jpg

Edited by Thalorane
Added screenshots

From my experience, the crowded mobs in desert now description does fit the NE quadrant of Harmony. 

Just took a boat ride through there and....yeah. Not as bad as in that attached pic when I went through, but more than there should be in my opinion.