Sign in to follow this  
Sovos

Animal Renaming Permissions

Is there any reason why all animals can only be renamed by the mayor? I know that anything that is branded and therefore managed by the settlement is considered "owned" by the mayor, but it means no one else can rename them for animal husbandry reasons. It makes even less sense because Manage Allowed Objects is a permission I can give to anyone, but it excludes animals. If someone is allowed to brand animals and/or has manage allowed objects, they should be able to rename them.

• Like 5

^ please enable this. I am not the mayor of the village I am apart of but I created a side deed just for this reason because I like being able to tell which Bison will be inbred or not instead of having to guess or never actually use the breeders so I dont mix them up.

Edited by Yserin
clarification I need coffee
  • Like 1

Make it so people with "manage item permissions" can manage the names of buildings and gates too while we're at it.

• Like 4

I would love to have this but I don't think it's possible without a major change. All items can only be named by owner.

In Wurm only an owner can rename and it works like that for basically everything, so I assume it is somewhat a common system.

Edited by Platyna

On 8/23/2020 at 1:02 PM, John said:

Make it so people with "manage item permissions" can manage the names of buildings and gates too while we're at it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ too please.

+1 Annoying my alt can do all my breeding but my mayor needs be at deed to do any naming

11 hours ago, Caroc said:

+1 Annoying my alt can do all my breeding but my mayor needs be at deed to do any naming

Mayor only has to be on the same server. Mayor can rename animals from anywhere in the the manage animals window. 

13 hours ago, Kelody said:

Mayor only has to be on the same server. Mayor can rename animals from anywhere in the the manage animals window. 

Good to know that, could be useful if away from deed. Although if my alt is branding and standing right in front of the bison it would be more convenient he could also name.