Sign in to follow this  
Thraxexus

Trolling

On 8/22/2020 at 6:22 PM, Thraxexus said:

intentional troll names

On 8/22/2020 at 6:22 PM, Thraxexus said:

such as Holyjuicebox

lmfao, are people so thin-skinned that this is seriously what passes for trolling now?

• Cat 1

Thraxexus, the same community that (as per your saying) made your friend quit the game, is the community that made me feel welcomed and allowed me to fall in-love with the game.

I've chatted from time to time with Holydragon and I really appreciated him for having an idea (to build a big town, where everyone specializes on a certain skill set) and fought to make it happen. I really think we need more people like him and I was honestly sorry when I heard he left the game. However, I have to say that, witnessing a lot of conversations on the Freedom chat where Holydragon claimed he was trolled, I never had the feeling that this was the case... sure, there were some jokes now and then, but I don't think they ever crossed the point of friendly (and sometimes silly) banter that people do when bored, between queued actions.

In a community we have to respect and understand each other... but we have to always remember that this goes both ways, not a single way... and yeah, when you feel you had too much, is best to take a step back and close that chat for a little while... just my 2 cents...

PS: Despite the flaws of all of us and the inherent rocky patches, I still LOVE our Melody community and I'm grateful for it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Beanbag said:

Cool bro, I was responding directly to the OPs comment

But thanks for your time

Aha, somehow missed that. Good call on your part then, sorry!

8 hours ago, Delacroix said:

lmfao, are people so thin-skinned that this is seriously what passes for trolling now?

Yeah it is trolling.

You kind of acknowledge that by saying he has thin skin.. his sensitivity is now what you're using to insult him.

You don't know what people are dealing with irl, you've got people dealing with serious mental stuff like schizophrenia and paranoia.. It's pretty easy to set people like that off and it can cause them a lot of grief.

Yeah not cool, and the comments in this thread show exactly what I kind of feel already, there's a good chunk of insensitive people and griefers in game.

Edited by Andru
  • Like 1

i've been trying to recruit people for about a year now, on indy and harmony recently, trust me some people are not toxic only in GL, private messages can get out of hand
its hard enough getting people to join and help them out

i would rather get on someones ignore list than having them tarnish the chat with their uncultured talk

Edited by Benalish
  • Like 1

Trolling is NOT an acceptable form of communication and I will not stand for it

• Like 3

On 8/24/2020 at 9:24 PM, Benalish said:

i would rather get on someones ignore list than having them tarnish the chat with their uncultured talk

But I can ignore you and continue to be an uncultured swine all the while!

This also illustrates how the "good guys" try to slide jabs in and pretend to be none-the-wiser 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2020 at 3:12 AM, Andru said:

Yeah it is trolling.

You kind of acknowledge that by saying he has thin skin.. his sensitivity is now what you're using to insult him.

You don't know what people are dealing with irl, you've got people dealing with serious mental stuff like schizophrenia and paranoia.. It's pretty easy to set people like that off and it can cause them a lot of grief.

Yeah not cool, and the comments in this thread show exactly what I kind of feel already, there's a good chunk of insensitive people and griefers in game.

Your choice to be offended over something that is entirely inoffensive doesn't make it "trolling"--it makes you a child that needs to grow up and realize that the world doesn't revolve around your sensibilities.

Do people even know the definitions of these words anymore? All I really see is "IM SO OFFENDED BAN DEM DEY TROLE ME!" mentalities and buzzword-filled drivel.

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit

4 hours ago, Delacroix said:

Why would it be good to throw gasoline on fire just because you have a bucket with gasoline with you? You can't expect everyone to know everything you know, and you can't expect everyone to have a problem-free life. You sound like a bully that feels he has the power to choose when someone should be hurt by his words or punches!

How come you can't act like a grownup about this? Your post is totally offensive and does not help the point you try to make about not being offensive. If you need help writing none offensive grammarly.com can be a great aid to point out when you use offensive words, check it out!

@Andruaren't you the one who fights with several people over sprouts, one oak tree and an off-deed road? Where is your consideration of these people and their IRL issues then? I am an ASD person, I was called a troll not once just because I said something someone didn't like or understood. It is very easy to call someone a troll, which basically dehumanizes them. 

Edited by Platyna

1 hour ago, Platyna said:

@Andruaren't you the one who fights with several people over sprouts, one oak tree and an off-deed road? Where is your consideration of these people and their IRL issues then? I am an ASD person, I was called a troll not once just because I said something someone didn't like or understood. It is very easy to call someone a troll, which basically dehumanizes them. 

He's also the guy that says I grief people by owning multiple deeds, and says I have low comprehension even though everyone else took his thread the same way I did. Also expects to own whole forest without deeding it because it's by his deed. 

In response to the you don't know what people are going through in RL, if you are the type of person that is easily set off by stuff why not turn global chat off if it's multiple people or use the /ignore?

There are ingame methods for not dealing with those you don't want to if you are easily set off like that rather than go on rants and personal attacks like the person this thread is about did rather than /ignore as suggested by other players and gms. 

Thread locked, this discussion has run its course