Sign in to follow this  
Thraxexus

Trolling

My question is on trolling to seek further clarification after reading the link you provided about Wurm's Online Rules. Holydragon was ridiculed for trying to recruit daily, whenever he talked people with intentional troll names such as Holyjuicebox and others would immedately seek to stifle him by saying no to his offerings to help new players at his village. In Wurm's place of business is it okay to make mocking names and provoke people soon as they speak? If it's not ok to do that at Code Club AB since these people were never muted and allowed immunity is your website definiton of trolling and conduct in Wurm out of date or is that acceptable for people to troll others until they quit? My friend is gone from this game because players turned the game into a nightmare. Those players were reported and this behavior was still supported. Please tell me how that is acceptable for someone to do that to another person at Code Club AB?

If this is not the proper place to place this question apologies and will move it if give a link to the proper place

Edited by Thraxexus
syntax
  • Like 1
  • Cat 1

A ) You may not post to purposely disrupt chat in any way or by using such actions as excessive trolling or derailing.

- Excessive is defined as more than one instance in a short period of time, or in such a way to be annoying to most players.

The subject of his message was to recruit and help. Players with names mocking his and others would immediately say NO and try to derail his topic or belittle his efforts to helps. This is ok?

B ) You may not post with the sole intent of upsetting other players or staff, or to cause unrest. 

What they said had nothing to do with helping only to TARGET HIM it upset  that they tried to stop him from recruit that he quit after helping dozens of people start playing and PAYING for this game myself included and more or less made experiences this game couldn't have offered without his welcoming heart. He would be PM'd replied to on his ads badly and was followed in game extensively. None of his harassers and trolls were banned or muted.

I could dissect how the exact situation I explained regarding a former player, mayor and friend parallels every single thing in your Wurm Online rules that has to do with trolling, harassments and more but you as a moderator should not have to ask me what about this situation is wrong I would hope, if you just wanted to see my perspective of how this bad situation is bad I can continue.

• Like 1

Hi, 

Being an MMO, we're aware that certain people or personalities may clash from time to time. To address this, we have the /ignore feature, which allows players to hide anything said by that person. 

In this case, after harassment complaints, we reviewed the chat and found that it did not violate chat rules, and advised Holydragon to use this tool to avoid being upset by people. Their refusal to do so means they are not using the tools we make available to resolve the situation and instead demanded that we take action against these players. 

We do have chat rules available for all to read available here https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/123123-wurm-online-rules/ and we are always willing to escalate cases if they do progress. Still, if a player refuses to use the first response tools available and instead demands us to hand out punitive action, we cannot assist further. 

• Like 7

I suppose it is easier to rely on the players to try to sweep it under the rug than make sure your have chat rooms that only allow healthy interaction. It will not have a good overall effect on your game where people have to constantly ignore well known trolls that prey on whoever they like without repercussion.  Thanks for the "help" the moderation reputation among Wurmians whispers proves to be true. There is no worse way to grief in this game besides maybe deeding resources and even then you have to literally pay. If what was done to Holydragon  is not enough to take action then it is impossible to get banned unless you flood chat with hate speech in this game or hack from what I am seeing as a new player, it's not my call though but with normal moral concept anyone can see this is and was wrong.

Edited by Thraxexus
can't type properly : /
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Thraxexus said:

I suppose it is easier to rely on the players to try to sweep it under the rug than make sure your have chat rooms that only allow healthy interaction. It will not have a good overall effect on your game where people have to constantly ignore well known trolls that prey on whoever they like without repercussion.  Thanks for the "help" and the moderation reputation among Wurmians whispers proves to be true. There is no worse way to grief in this game besides maybe something that has to due deeding resouces and even then you have to literally pay. What was done to Holydragon if that is not enough to take action then it is impossible to get banned from this game unless you literally hack from what I am seeing as a new player. It's not my call though but with normal moral concept anyone can see this is and was wrong.

Holydragon wasn't this diamond of a user you're making them out to be and totally ignored some pointed out etiquette for posting recruitment in GL

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Thraxexus said:

I suppose it is easier to rely on the players to try to sweep it under the rug than make sure your have chat rooms that only allow healthy interaction. It will not have a good overall effect on your game where people have to constantly ignore well known trolls that prey on whoever they like without repercussion.  Thanks for the "help" and the moderation reputation among Wurmians whispers proves to be true. There is no worse way to grief in this game besides maybe something that has to due deeding resouces and even then you have to literally pay. What was done to Holydragon if that is not enough to take action then it is impossible to get banned from this game unless you literally hack from what I am seeing as a new player. It's not my call though but with normal moral concept anyone can see this is and was wrong.

In 13 years I've had to ignore maybe 7 people. Recruitment spam is a fast way to get on that list.

Also, there are much worse ways to grief. Muuuuuuch worse.

Ignore trolls, the more you feed them, the more they grow... /ignore <name>  is not going to hurt you

1 hour ago, KyleBooze said:

Ignore trolls, the more you feed them, the more they grow... /ignore <name>  is not going to hurt you

This 1000 times this.  I PMed Holydragon early on just to have a friendly chat and give him some advice mentioned above.  ignore the people upsetting you.  Responding only makes things worse and the ignore feature is a good thing.  Without discussing a friendly private chat, I will say this he/she didn't take my advice.  In addition, having played many MMos and being a newb here, I have found the chat rooms overall to be extremely decent and overall friendly.  

My pet peeve by the way, is that I honestly do not want to read a play by play of your game.  I make fire now.  I put bowl in. Oh I dropped meat....  I loathe this.  However, because I hate it I can just /ignore and problem solved.  I miss nothing.  The other option is that tiny red x on the chat window, just close it..  Or the minus sign, and minimize it....  

I have also been in chat when a mod has weighed in and said change the subject, or drop it, or move on, etc....   When I see that, it's time to stop typing even if I may not be offending.  I also know that I personally am not for everyone.  I make a ton of stupid jokes, but I also can handle other jokes that I don't find in taste or all that special.  It's a nano second of the internet and it's not all that difficult to move on from whatever.  

But hey, don't listen to me, I'm just a noob who is enjoying this game and enjoying the vast majority of the chat.

• Like 4

I guess he just wanted to make a negative Steam Review.....

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Beanbag said:

Whataboutisms are rarely, if ever helpful. 

This whole situation is strange for me though. It's not an uncommon theme to see a handful of (generally the same people it seems) complaining in GL-Freedom or somewhere else that they're being silenced or something to that effect, and yet not only are they often allowed to continue on that topic for quite some time, but we have comments like Retro's above showing quite the opposite: A lot of leniency is given to the conduct between players, with recommendation to use the /ignore function where one is bothered. I think this ultimately speaks to the effectiveness /ignore can usually have. Some of the GL-Freedom regulars used to really annoy me. Now that they're on ignore, aside from mild confusion about who people are talking to sometimes, that annoyance is largely gone. 

The part that is being missed here though -- and I'm not saying that Holydragon was (or was not) recruiting in a manner that is in accordance with community expectations for recruitment etiquette -- is that when someone is recruiting for a village, and other people are intentionally disruptive toward that effort, /ignore is not sufficient to address the problem because the disruption is not purely antagonistic to the recruiter: it also actively dissuades potential recruits from being drawn in by the effort. In this regard, I think it would be nice if we had an opt-out recruiting channel unique to each server with basic guidelines as to posting frequency, but also a VERY firm policy against anything that is not a recruitment or Looking-for-village advert. Opt-out is critically important because expecting brand new players to find a help or recruiting channel on top of everything else they are trying to take in as a brand new player is ridiculous, whereas the burden for any experienced player to opt out of a channel is trivial at best.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Arronicus said:

Whataboutisms are rarely, if ever helpful. 

This whole situation is strange for me though. It's not an uncommon theme to see a handful of (generally the same people it seems) complaining in GL-Freedom or somewhere else that they're being silenced or something to that effect, and yet not only are they often allowed to continue on that topic for quite some time, but we have comments like Retro's above showing quite the opposite: A lot of leniency is given to the conduct between players, with recommendation to use the /ignore function where one is bothered. I think this ultimately speaks to the effectiveness /ignore can usually have. Some of the GL-Freedom regulars used to really annoy me. Now that they're on ignore, aside from mild confusion about who people are talking to sometimes, that annoyance is largely gone. 

The part that is being missed here though -- and I'm not saying that Holydragon was (or was not) recruiting in a manner that is in accordance with community expectations for recruitment etiquette -- is that when someone is recruiting for a village, and other people are intentionally disruptive toward that effort, /ignore is not sufficient to address the problem because the disruption is not purely antagonistic to the recruiter: it also actively dissuades potential recruits from being drawn in by the effort. In this regard, I think it would be nice if we had an opt-out recruiting channel unique to each server with basic guidelines as to posting frequency, but also a VERY firm policy against anything that is not a recruitment or Looking-for-village advert. Opt-out is critically important because expecting brand new players to find a help or recruiting channel on top of everything else they are trying to take in as a brand new player is ridiculous, whereas the burden for any experienced player to opt out of a channel is trivial at best.  

Cool bro, I was responding directly to the OPs comment

On 8/22/2020 at 6:57 PM, Thraxexus said:

There is no worse way to grief in this game

But thanks for your time

Edited by Beanbag
  • Like 2

On 8/23/2020 at 9:15 AM, Retrograde said:

Still, if a player refuses to use the first response tools available and instead demands us to hand out punitive action, we cannot assist further. 

A nice neat catch 22 there.  It essentially means that nobody can call on GM assistance, because as soon as they do they have disqualified themselves from getting assistance.

31 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

A nice neat catch 22 there.  It essentially means that nobody can call on GM assistance, because as soon as they do they have disqualified themselves from getting assistance.

I believe you are misreading the situation. 

We will take action if the first response tools are not solving the problem. If someone is bypassing ignore by using alts then we will issue directives and warnings. 

If someone does not use ignore, or has not used it, we will tell them to do so. If they refuse to do so and demand we issue directives and warnings we cannot assist. 

You don't disqualify yourself from anything. 

• Like 2

On 8/22/2020 at 8:36 PM, Beanbag said:

In 13 years I've had to ignore maybe 7 people. Recruitment spam is a fast way to get on that list.

I'm sure there are but that doesn't really change the fact that what was occurring seems under the definitions laid out, which he posted.

It must be easy in 13 years, to forget what it was like to start out, and attempt to fill that need for new villagers or people to play with.

I'm sorry to hear about this guy and the griefers, as there most definitely are quite a few in game. In my experience thus far it seems as if some GMs actually take these complaints seriously, try to see the intricacies of the interactions, and are capable of seeing how these actions are griefing, while others tend to defend the griefers and refuse to even acknowledge what is obviously griefing and trolling.

On 8/22/2020 at 10:06 PM, KyleBooze said:

I'd say it's best to fight trolls, or kill them when possible, as without repercussions or opposition they feel no consequence and cause a ruckus.

Fight fire with fire.

Edited by Andru

5 minutes ago, Andru said:

I'd say it's best to fight trolls, or kill them when possible, as without repercussions or opposition they feel no consequence and cause a ruckus.

Fight fire with fire.

It is fighting fire with petrol. Trolls do what they do to get an angry response. So you will not fight them, you will feed them, they will suck out all your life energy, bring you to their level, and then they will beat you with their trolling experience. 

• Like 5

For anyone who was wondering what the "trolling" was

Spoiler

[2020-08-23] [05:26:38] <Grifo> [14:26:27] The aged fat Bloodiron eats a corpse of aged fierce goblin.
[2020-08-23] [05:26:44] <Grifo> damn eating my cousin
[2020-08-23] [05:26:45] <Jennasoi> checking to see if there are deeded lands or other people's houses or tents around might be good
[2020-08-23] [05:26:57] <Lindemann> Ask, or check the forum
[2020-08-23] [05:27:34] <Juicybox> Tons of people want people for their deed
[2020-08-23] [05:27:49] <Bbobob> like i am on these cateyes roads and there like roads that off shoot from it that mean some one has that land
[2020-08-23] [05:27:54] <Holydragon> We always welcome new players in out village. /t holydragon for details.
[2020-08-23] [05:28:05] <Juicybox> no
[2020-08-23] [05:28:09] <Daveospice> we are on harmony and welcome any and all players /t daveospice
[2020-08-23] [05:28:18] <Blameping> bbobob roads are all player built so the road will eventually lead to someones deed but the spaces in between might be unsettled
[2020-08-23] [05:28:27] <Holydragon> Lucky we dont accept trolls Juicybox
[2020-08-23] [05:28:32] <Blameping> you can check by examining the ground
[2020-08-23] [05:28:41] <Holydragon> So its a better place without the likes of you.
[2020-08-23] [05:28:46] <Juicybox> Lucky me, I won't accidently join your deed then :)
[2020-08-23] [05:29:08] <Holydragon> We would never allow you to stay with such a sorry attititde
[2020-08-23] [05:29:12] <Holydragon> attitude
[2020-08-23] [05:29:26] <Jennasoi> now accepting limited slots in elite newb training center. 5s nonrefundable application fee and 10s/month tuition. apply now with /t jennasoi
[2020-08-23] [05:29:29] <Holydragon> I mean youre a horrible person...
[2020-08-23] [05:29:37] <Grifo> what about me?
[2020-08-23] [05:29:40] <Juicybox> Oh that's a good deal Jenna
[2020-08-23] [05:29:41] <Holydragon> All you trolls that think making fun of people are
[2020-08-23] [05:29:46] <Jennasoi> do you think personal attacks help your recruitment efforts?
[2020-08-23] [05:29:51] <Urianger> I'm confused, what's going on
[2020-08-23] [05:29:56] <Bbobob> like i found a spot i like alot but do you just start clearing it and go from there
[2020-08-23] [05:29:58] <Holydragon> Shouldnt be allowed here in such a small community
[2020-08-23] [05:30:03] <Juicybox> It's best to ignore the toxicity of global lol
[2020-08-23] [05:30:06] <Dalheim> just more drama like usual
[2020-08-23] [05:30:13] <Grifo> dont need to clear a spot to deed
[2020-08-23] [05:30:22] <Grifo> just need to make sure noones deed/house is there first
[2020-08-23] [05:30:23] <Holydragon> given by a demon of trolling such as you juicybox
[2020-08-23] [05:30:41] <Holydragon> Dont even know me and yet you consitantly harrass me
[2020-08-23] [05:30:51] <Holydragon> MAn.. thats some sick head on your shoulders
[2020-08-23] [05:30:52] <Grifo> you know there are no personal attacks allowed per game chat rules?
[2020-08-23] [05:30:56] <Serzane> here come the mods, here come the mods, look out everybody cuz here come the mobs
[2020-08-23] [05:30:56] <Grifo> @holydragon
[2020-08-23] [05:30:58] <Pomeray> you're gonna pay me 10s a month to join your academy right??
[2020-08-23] [05:31:01] <Serzane> mods
[2020-08-23] [05:31:02] <Blameping> wait is this the same guy you were complaining about "attacking" you before or is this another person lol
[2020-08-23] [05:31:05] <Bbobob> it just said wild grass
[2020-08-23] [05:31:11] <Holydragon> Yes trolling everytime I post is
[2020-08-23] [05:31:12] <Holydragon> wow
[2020-08-23] [05:31:16] <Holydragon> what rules
[2020-08-23] [05:31:17] <Jennasoi> do we have to do this whole spiel every two days where you attack someone in chat and scare away people from joining your village?
[2020-08-23] [05:31:37] <Holydragon> when you peole leave me alone, things can be better
[2020-08-23] [05:31:43] <Holydragon> yet YOU WANT TO FIGHT with me
[2020-08-23] [05:31:48] <Pomeray> hug it out guys
[2020-08-23] [05:31:49] <Serzane> okay new rule everytime someone posts an advertisement you must be silent in chat for 5 minutes people
[2020-08-23] [05:31:50] <Holydragon> and I dont back down to trolls
[2020-08-23] [05:31:50] <Grifo> let me scroll up real quick
[2020-08-23] [05:31:55] <Holydragon> Like most here
[2020-08-23] [05:32:06] <Holydragon> No
[2020-08-23] [05:32:10] <Holydragon> you MUST NOT troll
[2020-08-23] [05:32:12] <Jennasoi> but no one has any idea what youre even on about
[2020-08-23] [05:32:12] <Dalheim> can we get a gladiator arena
[2020-08-23] [05:32:16] <Holydragon> stop being stupid asses
[2020-08-23] [05:32:23] <Bbobob> by the ay thanks
[2020-08-23] [05:32:25] <Dalheim> and have a duel to the death, loser stops advertising
[2020-08-23] [05:32:27] <Holydragon> we go through this all the tike
[2020-08-23] [05:32:29] <Grifo> i scrolled up and just see you doing personal attacks
[2020-08-23] [05:32:30] <Holydragon> time
[2020-08-23] [05:32:31] <Grifo> just saying
[2020-08-23] [05:32:34] <Holydragon> Stop trolling
[2020-08-23] [05:32:39] <Holydragon> leave me alone when I recruit
[2020-08-23] [05:32:41] <Jennasoi> you just come in and start calling people names and sayign theyre trolling
[2020-08-23] [05:32:41] <Pomeray> look, grifo has 1 job and 1 job only
[2020-08-23] [05:32:46] <Holydragon> OR DONT
[2020-08-23] [05:32:49] <Pomeray> and that is to troll everybody
[2020-08-23] [05:32:51] <Holydragon> we can do this all the time
[2020-08-23] [05:33:03] <Holydragon> you all seem to like it
[2020-08-23] [05:33:04] <Grifo> tbh, i havent even been doing much trolling lately
[2020-08-23] [05:33:04] <Ringthane> Grifo's job is clubbing seals
[2020-08-23] [05:33:07] <Serzane> I resent being called a stupid ass FYI
[2020-08-23] [05:33:10] <Jennasoi> do you think maybe this is why people dont join your village?
[2020-08-23] [05:33:12] <Bbobob> so if it said wild grass dose that mean there is no one else?
[2020-08-23] [05:33:18] <Blameping> yes bbobob
[2020-08-23] [05:33:22] <Pomeray> we don't like it holy nor do we want you to take it personally, really :P
[2020-08-23] [05:33:23] <Grifo> yes bob
[2020-08-23] [05:33:27] <Timothymarker> Calm down guys, set people that annoy you on /ignore
[2020-08-23] [05:33:29] <Blameping> might want to check 10 tiles or so around to make sure you're not too close
[2020-08-23] [05:33:34] <Holydragon> So. juicybox NO we will not allow you in this village and evertime you say that remember thats my answer to you.
[2020-08-23] [05:33:36] <Pomeray> but grifo has been that way for years and there is always ignore
[2020-08-23] [05:33:42] <Grifo> it will say this is within the perimeter/vilalge of xxxxxxx if its deeded
[2020-08-23] [05:33:47] <Bbobob> how do i make it my area
[2020-08-23] [05:33:50] <Jennasoi> its not even grifo that theyre on about though
[2020-08-23] [05:33:52] <Holydragon> EVERYTIME I advertise and you say that right away, remember
[2020-08-23] [05:33:57] <Astarte> And there is always a "too much"
[2020-08-23] [05:34:00] <Jennasoi> like if it were grifo or even me then sure you can call us trolls
[2020-08-23] [05:34:12] <Pomeray> i dunno. just ignore
[2020-08-23] [05:34:15] <Dracum> Gondamon is Recruiting! Looking for new and old players alike we're a medium size group at p11 on Harmony looking to grow.  /t Dracum for more information.
[2020-08-23] [05:34:19] <Pomeray> grifo. 1 job only :P usually does it well xD
[2020-08-23] [05:34:28] <Jennasoi> fletching?
[2020-08-23] [05:34:29] <Holydragon> where is the no?
[2020-08-23] [05:34:34] <Holydragon> lol juicybox?
[2020-08-23] [05:34:41] <Serzane> oh I like this ignore feature
[2020-08-23] [05:34:42] <Holydragon> ok...
[2020-08-23] [05:34:51] <Jennasoi> yeah i bet it comes in handy

juicybox said "no" in response to his advert and holydragon went on a rant about him calling him all sorts of names. "In Wurm's place of business is it okay to make mocking names and provoke people soon as they speak" is kinda ironic because juicybox said one thing and holydragon went on a huge rant about him. Looking at my logs i've never seen juicybox try and converse with holydragon but i see plenty of other game related chat so i'm not really sure what to say about the "troll every time i post"thing unless he plays a completely different timezone to me.

Just looks like holydragon is a drama queen and you're adding fuel to the fire for fun.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Platyna said:

It is fighting fire with petrol. Trolls do what they do to get an angry response. So you will not fight them, you will feed them, they will suck out all your life energy, bring you to their level, and then they will beat you with their trolling experience. 

In some instances maybe but from personal experience the last 3 days, laying down and just letting them do what they want absolutely encourages the behavior.

Trolling them back seems to have worked pretty well.

Everybody knows you have to use fire or acid to kill a troll... that's like simple DnD stuff man.

Edited by Andru

6 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Reveal hidden contents

[2020-08-23] [05:26:38] <Grifo> [14:26:27] The aged fat Bloodiron eats a corpse of aged fierce goblin.
[2020-08-23] [05:26:45] <Jennasoi> checking to see if there are deeded lands or other people's houses or tents around might be good
[2020-08-23] [05:27:49] <Bbobob> like i am on these cateyes roads and there like roads that off shoot from it that mean some one has that land
[2020-08-23] [05:27:54] <Holydragon> We always welcome new players in out village. /t holydragon for details.
[2020-08-23] [05:28:09] <Daveospice> we are on harmony and welcome any and all players /t daveospice
[2020-08-23] [05:28:18] <Blameping> bbobob roads are all player built so the road will eventually lead to someones deed but the spaces in between might be unsettled
[2020-08-23] [05:28:41] <Holydragon> So its a better place without the likes of you.
[2020-08-23] [05:28:46] <Juicybox> Lucky me, I won't accidently join your deed then :)
[2020-08-23] [05:29:08] <Holydragon> We would never allow you to stay with such a sorry attititde
[2020-08-23] [05:29:26] <Jennasoi> now accepting limited slots in elite newb training center. 5s nonrefundable application fee and 10s/month tuition. apply now with /t jennasoi
[2020-08-23] [05:29:41] <Holydragon> All you trolls that think making fun of people are
[2020-08-23] [05:29:46] <Jennasoi> do you think personal attacks help your recruitment efforts?
[2020-08-23] [05:29:56] <Bbobob> like i found a spot i like alot but do you just start clearing it and go from there
[2020-08-23] [05:29:58] <Holydragon> Shouldnt be allowed here in such a small community
[2020-08-23] [05:30:03] <Juicybox> It's best to ignore the toxicity of global lol
[2020-08-23] [05:30:22] <Grifo> just need to make sure noones deed/house is there first
[2020-08-23] [05:30:23] <Holydragon> given by a demon of trolling such as you juicybox
[2020-08-23] [05:30:41] <Holydragon> Dont even know me and yet you consitantly harrass me
[2020-08-23] [05:30:51] <Holydragon> MAn.. thats some sick head on your shoulders
[2020-08-23] [05:30:52] <Grifo> you know there are no personal attacks allowed per game chat rules?
[2020-08-23] [05:30:56] <Serzane> here come the mods, here come the mods, look out everybody cuz here come the mobs
[2020-08-23] [05:30:58] <Pomeray> you're gonna pay me 10s a month to join your academy right??
[2020-08-23] [05:31:02] <Blameping> wait is this the same guy you were complaining about "attacking" you before or is this another person lol
[2020-08-23] [05:31:17] <Jennasoi> do we have to do this whole spiel every two days where you attack someone in chat and scare away people from joining your village?
[2020-08-23] [05:31:37] <Holydragon> when you peole leave me alone, things can be better
[2020-08-23] [05:31:49] <Serzane> okay new rule everytime someone posts an advertisement you must be silent in chat for 5 minutes people
[2020-08-23] [05:32:12] <Jennasoi> but no one has any idea what youre even on about
[2020-08-23] [05:32:25] <Dalheim> and have a duel to the death, loser stops advertising
[2020-08-23] [05:32:29] <Grifo> i scrolled up and just see you doing personal attacks
[2020-08-23] [05:32:41] <Jennasoi> you just come in and start calling people names and sayign theyre trolling
[2020-08-23] [05:33:04] <Grifo> tbh, i havent even been doing much trolling lately
[2020-08-23] [05:33:10] <Jennasoi> do you think maybe this is why people dont join your village?
[2020-08-23] [05:33:12] <Bbobob> so if it said wild grass dose that mean there is no one else?
[2020-08-23] [05:33:22] <Pomeray> we don't like it holy nor do we want you to take it personally, really :P
[2020-08-23] [05:33:27] <Timothymarker> Calm down guys, set people that annoy you on /ignore
[2020-08-23] [05:33:29] <Blameping> might want to check 10 tiles or so around to make sure you're not too close
[2020-08-23] [05:33:34] <Holydragon> So. juicybox NO we will not allow you in this village and evertime you say that remember thats my answer to you.
[2020-08-23] [05:33:36] <Pomeray> but grifo has been that way for years and there is always ignore
[2020-08-23] [05:33:42] <Grifo> it will say this is within the perimeter/vilalge of xxxxxxx if its deeded
[2020-08-23] [05:33:50] <Jennasoi> its not even grifo that theyre on about though
[2020-08-23] [05:33:52] <Holydragon> EVERYTIME I advertise and you say that right away, remember
[2020-08-23] [05:34:00] <Jennasoi> like if it were grifo or even me then sure you can call us trolls
[2020-08-23] [05:34:15] <Dracum> Gondamon is Recruiting! Looking for new and old players alike we're a medium size group at p11 on Harmony looking to grow.  /t Dracum for more information.

juicybox said "no" in response to his advert and holydragon went on a rant about him calling him all sorts of names. "In Wurm's place of business is it okay to make mocking names and provoke people soon as they speak" is kinda ironic because juicybox said one thing and holydragon went on a huge rant about him. Looking at my logs i've never seen juicybox try and converse with holydragon but i see plenty of other game related chat so i'm not really sure what to say about the "troll every time i post"thing unless he plays a completely different timezone to me.

Just looks like holydragon is a drama queen and you're adding fuel to the fire for fun.

I didn't know all this. My bad maybe my own experiences are coloring my opinion. Two sides to every story I suppose.

What about the people making characters with similar names though?

This post shouldn't even exist. Thanks Oblivionnreaver for making that clear.

I just think the whole thing is funny tbh. He spammed his ad for 2-3 weeks all while anytime someone talked he would say his village is looking before I even said anything about it. Trolled him one time and that lead to huge rant and personal attacks in pm. So I would then occasionally comment on it, and more rants and personal attacks. This was over course of maybe 3? days, which he said I did for 2 weeks, not true. Keenan asked me to just leave it alone so I did for the most part out of respect for him yet even if I was having normal discussion when he posted, led to rant and personal attacks. Some people take the internet way too seriously. 

Edit: Also, his steam review is entertaining, check it out. 

Edited by Grifo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Hide contents

Can we also appreciate demanding someone else don't post their recruitment ad, even though they posted it at a much more tolerable rate to Holydragon?

12 minutes ago, Madnath said:

Can we also appreciate demanding someone else don't post their recruitment ad, even though they posted it at a much more tolerable rate to Holydragon?

You mean darwins entertaining advertising?