Sign in to follow this  
Zenity

Ingame Bank balance button on options bar

Just a quick QoL addition, mainly for the many steam client users, but would also be useful for any client.

A way to check bank balance from client, a button or command that can be used to check bank balance, instead of having to find a deed token, especially when way out in the wilderness where deeds are few.

Yes Wurm client users can use shop to see their balance, but Steam users cannot do that, and frankly, it should be easily available for any character really.

• Like 3

management/settlement/add to upkeep, already show this, but only if you are part of a deed.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tpikol said:

management/settlement/add to upkeep, already show this, but only if you are part of a deed.

Correct, but you must have access to a deed token, or be a deed owner to use that, if you’re on a new server, or even an old one, finding a deed you can access the token at is not an easy task at times. I’ve been seeing the question asked dozens of times a day on CA Help, especially the last day or so, by new players, especially those who’ve found a nice spot, and would like the reassurance of knowing they have funds but have travelled far from other deeds.

Yes, some ways are well known, but a simple addition of a command, or button, to check bank balance would be, for me, and I’m sure many others, a simple quality of life addition. Even if it was just a line of text added to /playtime, rather than tying players to deed tokens, or tabbing out to browser to check Wurm shop.

no you dont need to acces any tokens, you use the "new" management menus. just right click the word inventory inside your inventory then manage/settlement/add upkeep. i agree with this would be good, but it already exists if you are part of a deed.

Edited by Tpikol

10 hours ago, Tpikol said:

no you dont need to acces any tokens, you use the "new" management menus. just right click the word inventory inside your inventory then manage/settlement/add upkeep. i agree with this would be good, but it already exists if you are part of a deed.

It does not exist if you are in the wilderness of a new server and don’t have a deed, not everyone has a deed, having a simple command, or button would be available to everyone, regardless of them being part of a deed or not. The reason I a. Requesting this is because it’s not globally available to all players. It’s not repeating an existing function that is available to everyone, it’s a simple function that should be available to all players just like /playtime is now.

You can also log into the wurm shop and get a balance, So i see no reason why we cant have a command or a menu with check balance in game.

2 hours ago, Badvoc said:

You can also log into the wurm shop and get a balance, So i see no reason why we cant have a command or a menu with check balance in game.

Can you if you play through steam tho?

I'd like to ponder on that topic a little more.

A /balance or /bank command would be fine, since we already have many of those to tell us many of things.

However.

While there is ongoing work in UI improvement (I'd like to think it is ongoing and not left as is) - should those chat commands become actual UI components? /weather, /time, maybe even /almanac, many of us use those daily.

It has been suggested to add the /time to character's healthbar, where we currently have FPS and speed shown already.

Perhaps add bank balance to the health bar mouseover box, and weather icon to status effects. Just example ideas.

Or more simple.have the ammount of money in bank show under healt bar, or in inventory. Like a card or something

New: A /balances command has been added.

• Using /balances in a chat window will display the following balances in your event window:
  • Bank balance
  • Marks balance
  • Rift points if greater than 0
  • Jackal points if greater than 
  • Like 1