Sign in to follow this  
Hatake

[Fixed] Over 80 greenish Troll Spawned outside our Deed in a day.

Yesterday I had one troll on our deed. It chased me to the animal pen and spooked me. Fair enough. That was fine and dandy, I logged off later and there was 12 within vicinity, within 8 or so tiles yesterday evening.

With the help of four spirit templars, eight(?) players, three guards, we've destroyed a LARGE chunk of them, including 2 champs that seemed to spawn at once as well.

unknown.png?width=700&height=300

I sent in a support ticket as I've been on wurm since 2013, living near mounds, and have NEVER seen this before in this intensity, so quickly appearing.

I thought maybe it was an event or something. I have never seen this.

I have done exploring every other day since opening day, and there were no other mounds near us (we live under a cliff, and opposite water, so...nothing that I can see).

There was one mound behind our deed which we did expect trolls from, however in the past month since being on Harmony, we've only had maybe 2 every few days. The usual. It was fine.

The staff member I spoke to suggested to send a bug report, as I've contacted the members of the alliance around us, and no one has destroyed any mounds that would cause a hoard, and we are quite far from newbie areas. 

(And I think, if a newbie came by it would be difficult for them to do so. But also, our mound is still there, producing them!)

It would tell us 'An aged greenish troll has arrived!' or whatever.

It's been intense. And our guards have just about had it I'm sure haha.

I would appreciate if staff or someone could have a look and make sure this is normal.

THis is due to the mob fix they did to help with mob density where there were no mobs. They have now stopped going north for some sort of convention and now ill hangout where they spawn.

This is still a problem. :( Its super unplayable. I've put up walls and locked loads of gates now, but they spawn everywhere - theres a champion in my cow pen!

I really would like this looked at - its absolutely crazy. We killed loads the other day and theres dozens. Its like they dont go away and the templar spam is unbelievable. He just keeps dying.

I'm alerting the devs to the situation to see if they can determine the cause and a solution so that you can live peacefully.

• Like 1

Thanks so much. Honestly its been so disheartening. I can lead loads away every morning but they're just back and spawned
again by the time I log back in. We havent tended our fields in a while and can't really walk around the outside of half of our deed due to the trolls swamping everything.

2 hours ago, Alectrys said:

I'm alerting the devs to the situation to see if they can determine the cause and a solution so that you can live peacefully.

1 hour ago, Hatake said:

Thanks so much. Honestly its been so disheartening. I can lead loads away every morning but they're just back and spawned
again by the time I log back in. We havent tended our fields in a while and can't really walk around the outside of half of our deed due to the trolls swamping everything.

On behalf of the dev team, I flew over to your area to check out your neighbors.  I let the devs know exactly how infested the area was.  They will look into finding the issue quickly to resolve the situation.  I understand how you all must feel so I asked if it would be ok for me to thin the herd a bit as I wouldn't be able to live in a situation like that.  You literally have HUNDREDS of those greenish trolls coming for a visit.

The devs are uncertain whether the thinning will help, thinking that they will respawn quickly, but please let us know here if it helped at all.

They will still work on a quick solution for you.  Please don't abandon hope!  Give your spirit templar an extra cookie for his/her bravery.

• Like 2

We have killed a bunch but this is one of 3 locations on the coats  I have seen, north /east coast cad 

One of the fixes today to creature spawning should prevent the issue that caused some areas to be overun quickly with respawning creatures.  https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/178555-patch-notes-26aug20/

This should fix all areas/servers with the problem, not just the one identified above.

The one reported here had some help because there were in excess of 200 Greenish trolls in a very small area making it impossible for new players to do much of anything.

There will probably be some leftover critters hanging around, but try to kill them, lure them to templars or have guards or neighbors assist in the kills.  

If you have an extraordinary saturation of creatures which you cannot handle, put in a support ticket in game, copy the url from this forum post to the support so that the GMs will know to let the devs know about the area and the situation can be assessed.

• Cat 1