Sign in to follow this  
Drogos

Crash when starting to place items

When I choose the "place" option on any item, the client crashes. Not sure what logs you want my to post here? The console.Charname.log file contains no information about the crash.

Edited by Drogos

Are you on Linux by any chance? My husband runs on Linux and has the same issue, we were just talking about it today.

Yeah, on Linux. Do have two computers, both running Linux, on one computer this works fine (nvidia card), on the other it crashes (amd card), not sure if that is related or not. Tried remove Wurm and reinstall and such, problem still the same.

Edited by Drogos

It is also an AMD card that he uses, along with Linux as I mentioned. Quite similar though unsure what the exact issue is, but at least not alone in the issue, as unfortunate as it is!

Don't have any logs or anything to provide either... So not quite sure how to go about addressing this!

I wonder whether this would help:

""Works after installing amdgpu-pro-libgl""

Problem is with the pro, obs stops working 😕 This worked before, so this problem started happening after latest update. Really hope it can be fixed instead of using a workaround like this.

Edit: Or, was it… Now I am not sure. Maybe it started to crash Wurm when I figured out how to not crash obs …

Edited by Drogos

So, been using the pro drivers now a little to test. Game seems to work fine, but rest of system does not like the pro drivers. Struggling with all software that uses webcam, obs will not record gameplay (made a ticket about that here: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/static-noise-when-using-amdgpu-pro-driver.129252/), etc. So now I am left stranded, what should I do? Order a new graphics card, or will this problem be fixed? So hard to tell if this issue will be fixed or not based on the feedback so far. Sorry if that sounds negative in any ways, I do not mean it that way, love the game! But also it is quite a bit of money for graphics card, so do not really want to spend it if the issue is solved in the game code.

• Like 1

Heya! Not sure if you guys fixed this, or if it has been an update to the driver, but this now seems to work in multiple tests with multiple different profile settings!

Edit: So, this seems not resolved after all. The bug seems to be one of those "only sometimes" bug. Worked a few days, but started crashing again now.

Edited by Drogos

I have the same problem and my pc is also on Linux

I reckon it's related to a particular driver/graphic card, playing on Linux here too, but on Nvidia card and drivers: no problems placing items.