Sign in to follow this  
Madnath

Allow us to remove the chimney from our forges

Just enough so it doesn't poke through floors making some placements of it making our entire house look ugly

We got sail furling after endless threads and pestering and this is long requested so new thread

in world text is ugly as sin and we got that too so why not this, and I will forever dunk on it

• Like 5

floating chat bubbles is my enemy

enemy

floating chat bubbles is my enemy

yes

hihihihi

yes

enemy!

For anyone who has ovens or forges below their living quarters, the placements of furniture etc (basically the prettiness of the room) on the floor above the workshop is marred by the chimneys poking through. 

Surely 'snipping' off the top of the oven / floor to solve this issue could be accomplished by our talented development team?

• Like 1

I would ask for a roof with a chimney on it. When a forge (are any other smoker in the same house) is lighted up the smoke shouldnt come from the forge but the chimney instead...

Edited by sandokhan
  • Like 1

Really like this idea. Would do the same for ovens.  When I’m cooking, it makes the upstairs beds look like they’re on fire, and I have unsightly oven tops poking out into the middle of a bedroom. 

53 minutes ago, sandokhan said:

I would ask for a roof with a chimney on it. When a forge (are any other smoker in the same house) is lighted up the smoke shouldnt come from the forge but the chimney instead...

Definitely would like to see this being implemented, though if nothing else than having the chimney removed from both Forges&Ovens is A-OK too.

• Like 2

Yeah I'm happy however it's done really, so long as I don't have an ugly concrete and stone thing poking though my god damn floors

Lol don’t build a second floor over your forge. Place it where it pokes out the roof so it looks like a real. There are many many ways around this issue lol....

• Cat 1

I am annoyed by the issue too, but I have a different solution - let us to build chimneys in houses, so they go through the floors, and we can install furnaces in them, so the smoke is directed upwards along the chimney, like IRL. 

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Spolmit said:

For anyone who has ovens or forges below their living quarters, the placements of furniture etc (basically the prettiness of the room) on the floor above the workshop is marred by the chimneys poking through. 

Surely 'snipping' off the top of the oven / floor to solve this issue could be accomplished by our talented development team?

that why you build high ceilings, aka 2 storeys for 1 storey in house. 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♂️

+1 I never understood why the forges and ovens were constructed to poke through the floor above. A true chimney always vents through a roof or an outside wall no matter what floor that furnace is on. Would be nice if we could construct our own chimneys to vent where we choose.

Edited by Katrat
  • Like 2

On 8/22/2020 at 8:00 PM, Katrat said:

+1 I never understood why the forges and ovens were constructed to poke through the floor above. A true chimney always vents through a roof or an outside wall no matter what floor that furnace is on. Would be nice if we could construct our own chimneys to vent where we choose.

thats because the forge and the oven were in wurm since the very beginning. back then all you could build was a "cottage" in a way just ground floor and roof on top. that way those chimneys were sticking out the roof ideally. A lot of changed since then but not forges/ovens lol

• Like 2