Sign in to follow this  
kaidley

Defiance PVP - Limit embarking / Disembarking to the same tile.

+1 Cart etc. and animals should be direct drop dismount only. I don't favor timer at all, yuck :D

• Like 1

One arrow would have stopped the action and killed the person. 

Until people get spells, a fire pilar would have ended that action. 

In a month's time people will be 2 hitting crocs mobile hops aren't a big issue for the end game so I'm wary of putting in timers or limited which will effect us end game. I made hell Horse carts a end game issue but this server apparently addressed that. 

I hope if a fix is needed then it's not a timer based limit because that's only ever proven to bring frustration also

Any disembark should simply be on the tile you do so and you should have to be within a tile to embark, this would limit the jumping you can do and will only ever disembark you where the animal is But with server lag this may also be a bit buggy. 

Edited by Mclavin

If (enemy) is in local, you should not be able to embark, disembark infinitely from 3 tiles away. It creates a meta for dodging attacks that is an unintended consequence of game mechanics, aka   "exploit".

5 hours ago, Mclavin said:

In a month's time people will be 2 hitting crocs mobile hops aren't a big issue for the end game so I'm wary of putting in timers or limited which will effect us end game. I made hell Horse carts a end game issue but this server apparently addressed that.

If it's not crocs it's gonna be carts or boats which you can abuse in the same way. But agreed - timer isnt the best solution. Just make it so you embark/disembark on the same tile.

Just to let everyone know we are aware of the issue and the feedback so far on ways to fix it and are discussing internally which route we want to go.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Just to let everyone know we are aware of the issue and the feedback so far on ways to fix it and are discussing internally which route we want to go.

Just make pets require a rope to be lead (at least on pvp) 

A simple and effective fix. 

2 hours ago, atazs said:

Just make pets require a rope to be lead (at least on pvp) 

A simple and effective fix. 

Can't someone still be able to move 3 tiles player |croc| new  tile. And once on new tile can just relead. 

its not about the fact that you can teleport when embarking / disembarking only....

its about the fact that it resets swing timers and makes you invulnerable if you are fast enough

52 minutes ago, Quicktor said:

its not about the fact that you can teleport when embarking / disembarking only....

its about the fact that it resets swing timers and makes you invulnerable if you are fast enough

Yup the main issue, but it also allows for people to get out of combat completely, can get what 1-5 tile in a direction right, which can put someone out of combat long enough for stam regen, people stamming out early in the game atm, but for sure the combat invulnerability to avoid swing timer and people lose target. 

16 hours ago, Darklords said:

Thank you.