Sign in to follow this  
kaidley

Defiance PVP - Limit embarking / Disembarking to the same tile.

Right now you can embark and disembark from 3 tiles away, It removes you as a target also, and you can just keep doing this as long as your horse or cart was the last thing you click. Or MAYBE JUST LIKE A LIL TIMER **mounting** 2-3 seconds, quicker if you have a saddle dependent on ql?

• Like 9

1 minute ago, kaidley said:

and you can just keep doing this as long as your horse or cart was the last thing you click.

until you embark bug and they kill you because your mount won't move for 15 seconds after logging in 😅

1 minute ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

until you embark bug and they kill you because your mount won't move for 15 seconds after logging in 😅

you dont trigger embark bug process unless you reconnect to the server without fully disconnecting from the server afterwards

Dismount/Mount either add Cooldown inbetween or  add action with timer to get on off.

People hate timers for things that were instant before, but yes there should be a limit how time you can embark/disembark in a short period of time.

yea i gotta admit this use of embark/disembark seems a little lame

its stupid, just make the range the same tile instead of 3-4 tiles away

at least on pvp

• Like 2

Leave it as is on PVE - does not hurt anyone there and a QoL but sounds silly on PVP to have a dimension door like "spell" - if AD&D rings a bell to anyone.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 2

👍 I have seen this to be used to stall time, practically teleporting around a couple tiles waiting for your friends to arrive at the scene. Please fix this abuse.

Yeah this is clear abuse of game mechanics, people should get banned for this in pvp.

1 hour ago, Gerugon said:

Yeah this is clear abuse of game mechanics, people should get banned for this in pvp.

My suggestion and idea is to refrain from calling for bans in the forums.

Make it so you can't disembark to a tile when on a mount - make it only available on ships.

+1 make ban n chevtuk also reset    skills to 1. he too good at this game and makes it unbalance.

Edited by Melros
  • Like 9

They should add a 30 seconds embark timer so people cant just keep embarking and disembarking 

Definitely needs to be changed you can watch a recent video where Chev abuses it. Add a timer to embarking or remove passenger seat problem solved.

Edited by Pride

I definitely agree with this on the terms that it doesn't ruin QoL:

The caveat would be - ensure this only limits PVP engagements, and not the PVE content (even on the PVP server). For example, in battle, engage the cool down/tile limit or whatever but only against other players. Don't let this exist if I'm trying to mine, or fish, or kill mobs, etc. Then I would find this completely agreeable!!

Good call here.

EDIT - I think the tile limit is my preferred, cooldowns sound nasty in general :D Just my 2 cents

Edited by GucciusMaximus
  • Like 1

+1

Disable the rapid embarking/disembarking or let us keep the target on the player that does it.

only allow disembarking on the spot where the pet/boat/cart is

Make it so you don't lose target, and make it so there is a 5 second timer min, because if its only 2-3 thats still enough time to dodge swing timers. Also prob be a good idea to make it so you can only disembark 1-2 tiles away