Sign in to follow this  
Quicktor

make aging of horses faster

I am a breeder and just a few comments to say on this topic:

• If you go through 20-30 horses in one battle your not playing tactfully enough. I realize this and I'm not a pvper
  • The fowl stage is there to keep from thousands of horses being bred which will slow down any server.And since you have the stage to wait this, SHOULD, cause you to think tactfully when you should or shouldn't use horses in battle. 
  • Wurm is not an instant pvp game. (Sure you could take your sword and go attack people from the start but that's just stupid) You need to get your skills and abilities up to a decent level. This time is also a good time to start creating alliances and                    making friends. Yes you can make friends in Pvp. Its not just a Pve experience.
  • If you wanna pvp so fast than I suggest you  play games like WoW. Their pretty decent and instant pvp is their main goal.

In summation fowls are there for a reason. Use it to your advantage. If need be make Alliances who have good Breeders and are willing to trade.

-1 Keep the fowl stage as it is

• Like 3

i think its fine as it is. The pregnancy time and time inbetween breeding sessions is so short that you can spew out hundreds of horses a day.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Randalcain said:

If you go through 20-30 horses in one battle your not playing tactfully enough. I realize this and I'm not a pvper

yeah those are rookie numbers 100+ horses or bust

The question we should all ask ourselfs is: Do we really want Wurm Online to be another fast paced Ark or Rust type of game?

No, nobody wants that except for a very vocal fringe minority.

There are, like i already mentioned, plenty of games out there which cater to that type of playerbase way better then Wurm ever could.

If you are loosing 30 or more horses in a battle you should probably rethink your tactics and dont blame the game for your wrong doings.

Lets not try to fix a game mechanic that aint broken. There are other game mechanics that need fixing like meditation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Randalcain said:

If you go through 20-30 horses in one battle your not playing tactfully enough. I realize this and I'm not a pvper

54 minutes ago, Bey said:

If you are loosing 30 or more horses in a battle you should probably rethink your tactics and dont blame the game for your wrong doings.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.

If you guys arent pvping why are you convincing people that your point of view is correct and they are doing wrong if you have never been in their position? horses are the norm and if you dont have them, you will instantly die. You wont get away, you wont catch anybody. Good idea.
O3gzooG.png

Edited by Votip
  • Like 4

Most people that say "if you lose 20-30 horses per fight you're bad" probably never been in legit pvp fight in Wurm. +1 for the idea

So just so I understand this...
We want to speed up the baby stage of Horses because it's hard to get Horses, on the brand new PvP server.

Is that correct?

So, it wasn't hard to get Horses on the old PvP servers? Not at any point?

There aren't other ridable options available in PvP?

We're looking at Horses as "The Meta" and well here's what everyone is continuing to say..

1. "Horses need to be adults faster!" they grow up pretty quick as it is already though.. Even on PvE..
  2. "Lots of horses Die in PvP!" So? Your Horses are dying fast, their horses are dying fast. My question is, why does everyone need horses to enjoy PvP in the first place? If so many Horses are dying so quickly you're not the only one running out of horses, so this "You need a horse to catch people! You need a horse to not die." Goes for both sides, doesn't it?
    So my question is, why is it that you're running out of horses but the enemy team isn't that you NEED more horses?
    That sounds an awful lot like "you're not doing so hot and getting your butt beat" to me..

Mounted combat is an advantage due to the height/footing. Everybody knows this in both PvP and PvE.
Horses are faster than on foot in most cases, everyone also knows this.

If you have to rely on the entire server to have Horses to enjoy ANY PvP though, there's something wrong with the idea of PvP to begin with. I mean, if YOU don't have Horses, you're ENEMY doesn't have horses. Why does that stop PvP exactly?

Because somehow a Horse is "required" to PvP at all? I guess I fail to understand at all how a Horse is "required" to fight anything and yes that goes for both PvE and PvP.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Zera said:

So, it wasn't hard to get Horses on the old PvP servers? Not at any point?

yes you could literally buy 3723193 horses from freedom isles

8 minutes ago, Votip said:

Yea and they all had to be bred there as well. Just have people focus on breeding here in pvp and all is fine. Where is the problem ? There are a ton of ppl in each kingdom. You talk about how horses are such a great tool, blah blah. Well, then get some ppl dedicated to that trade like ppl are to other vital trades like mining, smithing, leatherworking. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Miket said:

Most people that say "if you lose 20-30 horses per fight you're bad" probably never been in legit pvp fight in Wurm. +1 for the idea

Nice strawman. If you want to quote people do it properly.

If loosing these 30 horses is normal to you maybe you just need a breeder who can acually supply your demand? Maybe horse armor is the answer?

Making breeding easier will just make horses worthless.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bey said:

Nice strawman. If you want to quote people do it properly.

If loosing these 30 horses is normal to you maybe you just need a breeder who can acually supply your demand? Maybe horse armor is the answer?

Making breeding easier will just make horses worthless.

have you ever pvped

Just now, Votip said:

have you ever pvped

Yes, have you?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Votip said:

Last I checked Epic couldn't trade with any PvE, and I don't recall them ever demanding "Faster Aging"

3 minutes ago, Bey said:

Yes, have you?

I am literally player with best KD ratio on Chaos wihout having 70 fs

@platinumteefcan confirm

i have been in tons of fights on pvp that have been recorded and videos were uploaded and send on this forum

when and for which kingdom you pvped then, because if you did you wouldnt say that

10 minutes ago, Bey said:

If loosing these 30 horses is normal to you

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zera said:

Last I checked Epic couldn't trade with any PvE, and I don't recall them ever demanding "Faster Aging"

epic has both faster breeding and no major pvp for atleast a year

Just now, Oblivionnreaver said:

epic has both faster breeding and no major pvp for atleast a year

I suppose a prime example of why "faster breeding" wouldn't solve anything then.

1 minute ago, Zera said:

I suppose a prime example of why "faster breeding" wouldn't solve anything then.

dont think you that epic had a lot of different problems that buried elevation 15 tiles under dirt

1 minute ago, Votip said:

dont think you that epic had a lot of different problems that buried elevation 15 tiles under dirt

PvP Tactics...
Time for them to change.
So you're wanting to replicate Epic Tactics and Settings by starting with faster breeding? That makes a LOT of sense! (sarcasm)

• Like 1

Just now, Zera said:

PvP Tactics...
Time for them to change.
So you're wanting to replicate Epic Tactics and Settings by starting with faster breeding? That makes a LOT of sense! (sarcasm)

yeah from today i announce that pvpers cant use horses we all getting used to new tactic whos gonna use horse cant be called pvper

Just now, Votip said:

yeah from today i announce that pvpers cant use horses we all getting used to new tactic whos gonna use horse cant be called pvper

I can see you're getting frustrated, your sentences are starting to make less and less sense

• Like 1

I find it odd, that I am saying I am a breeder that is up for a challenge to stock horses, that I have a surplus of horses, yet no one has approached me about horses at all. I even have horses to donate for free, not even gunna charge. But ppl still just crying on this thread... 

• Like 2

Seems to me like the only good argument for this is "it would make PvP better".

Why not just limit the effect to PvP server then?  If they want faster horse breeding, give it to them and see how it goes.  If it borks something, just roll back, remove the new horses, problem solved right?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zera said:

PvP Tactics...
Time for them to change.

defiance also has faster breeding

you literally fell right into arguing against something thats already in the server with bad logical fallacies

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Votip said:

I am literally player with best KD ratio on Chaos wihout having 70 fs

@platinumteefcan confirm

i have been in tons of fights on pvp that have been recorded and videos were uploaded and send on this forum

when and for which kingdom you pvped then, because if you did you wouldnt say that

Of course here have my ingame name and my deed location ... sure.

What does that even say? We all know chaos was and is an unbalanced mess.

How about we stay on topic, unless you did run out of arguments.

• Like 1

Just now, WittleBunnBun said:

I find it odd, that I am saying I am a breeder that is up for a challenge to stock horses, that I have a surplus of horses, yet no one has approached me about horses at all. I even have horses to donate for free, not even gunna charge. But ppl still just crying on this thread... 

Because no one cares, they're only focused on their wants for a setting change.
Tunnel vision, happens a lot and I'm not one bit surprised.

• Like 1