Sign in to follow this  
Quicktor

make aging of horses faster

THIS IS ONLY A SUGGESTION FOR DEFIANCE - THE PVP SERVER

@Darklords

so, now that all the people that wanted to "immerse" themselves in the game with foals and ###### actually saw how long it takes to get decent horses on defiance, can we please skip the whole foal stage?

like it takes literal 2 weeks until we can breed, kind of killing early pvp, could be even more pvp on defiance without this ######

thanks

Edited by Quicktor
  • Like 6

+1 u on a pvp server where u can lose a lot of horses very fast & its not like u can replace them fast..its kinda dumb to not have a faster way to breed and keep up with the horse demand 

I love how adorable the foals look but I see how this can be an issue. Would agree if it was only implemented on PVP

Yep, as a breeder it's really annoying. Speeding this up would just promote pvp, i cant see how it could be bad to the server.

maybe instead just disallow targeting a horse that is being ridden? thousands of horses wouldnt go to waste no more, leading 20 horses would not be required also. win win

Just now, Skatyna said:

maybe instead just disallow targeting a horse that is being ridden? thousands of horses wouldnt go to waste no more, leading 20 horses would not be required also. win win

fcGkmSB.png

• Like 1

Don’t skip the foal stage, just speed it up a bit instead 

horses are super easy to breed now and can be ridden at young which is Great. I have like a surplus of horses ready to be ridden cuz legit horses are popping babies out every hour. 

Edited by WittleBunnBun
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, neopherus said:

I love how adorable the foals look but I see how this can be an issue. Would agree if it was only implemented on PVP

I don't see how its an issue. I am a breeder and I started breeding about a week after the server launched and I have over 40 horses with just 2 breeding parents. I have like 6 wild horse pairs and now starting  7 second gen horse breeding pairs. The only non-rideable horses are the fresh babies from this morning practically. People in pvp just have to ask their breeders for horses if there is a shortage. 

• Like 2

of course you have a surplus of horses if you dont go out to pvp....

i am sorry but, if you like the foal stage so much jsut breed some horses on freedom, login, go over there for 10min and watch them running around i guess, after your daily foal dosage you can come back to the pvp server and breed your horses on there for nothing

7 minutes ago, Quicktor said:

of course you have a surplus of horses if you dont go out to pvp....

i am sorry but, if you like the foal stage so much jsut breed some horses on freedom, login, go over there for 10min and watch them running around i guess, after your daily foal dosage you can come back to the pvp server and breed your horses on there for nothing

I will always have a surplus of horses with the rate mothers give birth. I actually had to slow down because I am running out of room with how fast mothers are giving birth. Players that don't have a dedicated breeder should just reach out. I have heard 0 asking in MR atm for horses, so I never offered because I thought they were doing alright on horse supplies. 

This statement you made is kinda just saying "everyone that doesn't want to play like me, go to PvE" .. Thats not how you are going to keep defiance alive. People are already trying to tap into the PvE playerbase and try and persuade them to make the jump to PvP. 

Edited by WittleBunnBun
  • Like 3

we had this discussion before, and people that dont actively pvp dont seem to understand it in most cases, hence why you are defending the foal stage lol

in recent fights 20-30 horses die in just 1 fight, do that a few times a week and you cant sustain a deed with horses anymore

yes, all the deeds that are participating in pvp have dedicated breeders, and yes, all of those have this problem (speaking for MR)

so how dont you understand this?

i am not playing on defiance but i know from chaos experience how lack of horses is annoying and prevents pvp instead of encouraging to doing it

+1, horses are only a tool like anvil or pickaxe

Edited by Votip

1 minute ago, Quicktor said:

we had this discussion before, and people that dont actively pvp dont seem to understand it in most cases, hence why you are defending the foal stage lol

in recent fights 20-30 horses die in just 1 fight, do that a few times a week and you cant sustain a deed with horses anymore

yes, all the deeds that are participating in pvp have dedicated breeders, and yes, all of those have this problem (speaking for MR)

so how dont you understand this?

Breeders with say 5 breeding pairs can EACH pop out 5 babies easily in 1 day. If you get a cycle going, thats 25 fresh horses in 1 day, giving them enough time to get to young stage, etc. Sure some will have bad traits, but ppl already are saying they can or soon can cast genesis. Thats a huge horse supply just from 1 breeder. 

• Like 2

+1, more horses = more kill = more fun and more number go up

• Like 3

That 25 horses may easily be lost in a single fight if 15 people commit to it. Luckily currently we see those numbers from time to time.

Having horses as a shortage reduces intention to PVP - you usually cannot loot horses from a fight unlike the rest of the gear. So horses are the resources that don't cycle around between parties like say armours and horsegear.

EDIT: if I worry to enter a fight it is not because I can die or lose my stuff, it is the fear of losing the horse. That should not be more a problem than other stuff to regear.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

I need to add foals are really adorable and I love them on PVE. Also I shed tears if my beloved horses that serve me for many years die there. PVP is another story.

Edited by Jaz