Sign in to follow this  
Shatality

Freedom Russian language chat

Hello, Wurm Online team! I write it message behalf of a Russian language community.

I want to thank you for creating Russian help channel on chat.

But we faced a problem. Many members of Russian community want to communicate on distracted topics that are not related to the Wurm in game chat.

But we are bound by the limitations of chat rules - "Only help and looking for group".

Given the above, could you consider the chat mode and allow discussion of topics not directly related to the game in the indicated channel?

We hope for understanding.

Respectfully, Russian player of Wurm Online - Shatality.

• Like 8

+1
I support the author in this issue

Edited by Renkeles

+1 

I support the author. The Russian-speaking community does not have a normal opportunity to communicate on free topics related to the game, I would like to have such an opportunity.

Edited by Denoisworld
My opinion

I am a fairly experienced player, and in this channel, I think I answer game questions much more often than all CAs combined. I think many players will confirm my words (my nicknames: Javascript, Solomeya, Ashbringer). Many newcomers stayed in the game only thanks to my answers and the answers of people with similar motives.
But I find answering these questions not only fun, but work. And any work must be paid. Free communication on any topic is my pay. I talk a lot, and nevertheless find time to give a huge number of answers. 
I beg you very much - let us communicate. Russian people are very sociable and it is really difficult for us to play without talking. There is no need to make a simulator of a silent redneck out of an MMO game.

Edited by Javascript
  • Like 3

Just now, Javascript said:

Я довольно опытный игрок, и на этом канале я думаю, что отвечаю на вопросы по игре гораздо чаще, чем все CA вместе взятые. Думаю, многие игроки подтвердят мои слова (мои никнеймы: Javascript, Solomeya, Ashbringer). Многие новички остались в игре только благодаря моим ответам и ответам людей с похожими мотивами.
Но отвечать на эти вопросы мне не только весело, но и полезно. И любая работа должна быть оплачена. Бесплатное общение на любую тему - моя плата. Я много говорю, но тем не менее нахожу время дать огромное количество ответов. 
Очень прошу - давайте общаться. Не нужно делать из ММО-игры симулятор молчаливого деревенщины.

I confirm the words of this author.

+1 Please!!! Constructive comments: communication in the native language and on various topics increases the mood and desire to continue playing the game in which you need to sit for more than one hour, but months!

Edited by BloodAxe

• Provide constructive comments, +1's and -1's aren't useful, we overlook and ignore them anyways, post why you like or dislike something.

Edited by Jotz

+1) Renaming Russian Help into Russian chat will be enough. Or just the official abolition of punishments for communication in it. One chat is enough to communicate and help people) Restrictions on spam and foul language are welcome.

Edited by Kkane

its came to my mind - there is another problem why such chat cant be added currently.

Its not about wurm engine or smth. Maybe some day it will be added, but i think not now.

2 minutes ago, Jotz said:
  • Делайте конструктивные комментарии, +1 и -1 бесполезны, мы все равно их игнорируем и игнорируем, публикуйте, почему вам что-то нравится или не нравится.

Hello. The most constructive comment in this topic from Javascript. He explains everything.

might be a good idea to open up a russian wurm discord in the meantime (if it doesnt exist alrdy)

Edited by shamflam

8 minutes ago, shamflam said:

might be a good idea to open up a russian wurm discord in the meantime (if it doesnt exist alrdy)

No, this is a very bad idea. Few people can't often switch between play and discord. Most communicate precisely because the chat is in the game.

Edited by Javascript

+1

I know that there are lot of russians playing WU, not sure about WO but should be plenty if you look for them.

I'm learning russian myself. Would be nice to chat in russian freedom channel sometime...

To add to suggestion

Allow select which non english language chats you participate in Profile or somewhere easier to access.

Also add mock checkbox for languages, that way you could see in what language chats players are interested in.

Edited by Martynas5

33 minutes ago, Jotz said:
  • Делайте конструктивные комментарии, +1 и -1 бесполезны, мы все равно их игнорируем и игнорируем, публикуйте, почему вам что-то нравится или не нравится.

how to comment constructively through a translator? Long text may be completely illegible

Just now, Javascript said:

No, this is a very bad idea. Few people can't often switch between play and discord. Most communicate precisely because the chat is in the game.

thats why I said in the meantime before they bring a better version into the game. If this helps at elast 50% of the players for now I don't see why not?

Thats why I adviced it as a temporary solutions untill there are better implements in the game itself.

Just a heads up to an already excisting possibility for you: Found an alliance. There you would have at least a chat option ingame for one server. Sadly its not Freedom wide then.

• Like 1

+1 for not only language specific chat, but CUSTOM chat channels in general.

For too long has the game been bound to only the "official" chats.

Team chat is already possible, just expand that function: cross server, remote invite (or self join), save on client reboot.

• Like 3