Sign in to follow this  
Baenre

Sell Order Certificate

Since the release on Steam, Wurm was forced to comply with the policies of the platform which prohibit any form of RMT. At the same time, Wurm lost some of its charm because the RMT brought a 4th dimension to the game's economy.

What I would like to bring here is a concept of  'Sell Order Certificate', provided by the traders/Wagoners which would allow to sell stuff on the Steam Community Market.

Obliviously, the details need to be defined such which items is allowed to sell, the logistics, the charges, etc. I'm just sharing a the high-level concept of the idea.

For those who don't know what the Steam's community market is, it's a community market where people buy and sell items in different games.

See Community Market for Rust example

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Baenre said:

Wurm lost some of its charm because the RMT brought a 4th dimension to the game's economy.

It's removal was one of the best things to happen to this game, and this is coming from someone who have been playing for more than ten years. 

Edited by shakys
Moderation Edit

The removal of rmt was exactly what brought me back (along with new character only servers). The Wurm rmt market was one of the worst things to plague the game for basically anyone not willing to spend hundreds of dollars to get ahead. 

• Like 1

-1 although I agree RMT had its charm and it was a nice addition to the game I think the steam market is pure cancer :D 

think we have to see how the game evolves without the RMT first.

1 hour ago, GorgonKain said:

The removal of rmt was exactly what brought me back (along with new character only servers). The Wurm rmt market was one of the worst things to plague the game for basically anyone not willing to spend hundreds of dollars to get ahead. 

This can be said the other way around aswell. I know many people that left the game because of this. One of my friends did, he was a diehard trader in bulk items for big building projects. I think nowdays there wont be any big projects soon because of this. People are less likely to sell like 50k mortar in one go simply becasue there is no purpose in grinding 50k of mortar in order to 'sell' to others for fake silvers (cant trade these back into real money) so the motivation for these traders is pretty much non existent.

The only bad thing it causes was that people where a bit greedy trapping draggons  private to sell the scales and other stuff for real money. But the first draggon on the new wurm online steam servers was also a private slaying so I dont realy see any big difference there. 

If people wanted to pay to be ahead of others in gear, bulk items, tools etc. I wouldnt realy mind. It would allow people who had daytime jobs and not much time to be online to be able to have good gear and big projects without to much time lost.

Instead of using the market on steam u can just make an order on the forums here :)

Edited by shamflam

Thank you for your feedback, I understand your opinion even if im totally disagree.

I expected that students, younger people, not so rich persons, etc, was against RMT because they have the illusion that's unfair versus people who's paying.. but it's not.

It always makes me laugh when players are willing to accept P2W but not RMT. (Buying something magically created versus Buying something that another player worked for..)

BTW, I also got this issue IRL, I wanted a yack but I couldn't afford it .. I then insulted the yack's captain to prove my domination over him, like a real man!

Edit:

Instead of using the market on steam u can just make an order on the forums here

It's against Steam policy to doing RMT somewhere else than Steam itself. The good part is steam make it trustable for both party the cons is the small fees for the transaction (not sure if the game Dev do not receive a part of this fees)

Edited by Shrimpiie
Moderation Edit

5 hours ago, Baenre said:

It's against Steam policy to doing RMT somewhere else than Steam itself. The good part is steam make it trustable for both party the cons is the small fees for the transaction (not sure if the game Dev do not receive a part of this fees)

tbh I don't get this they ban RMT in all their games yet they have a marketplace with RMT where they take a cut ...

Is it obvious I don't rly like steam ? :D

Edited by shamflam

I have sold acounts,items and whatever over the years. Purchased my original account before rmt removel also.But after rmt got removed i enjoy wurm more than ever.i also still make and sell things in game.i always loved to trade. Even if i jave golds in game.it doesnt stop me to play and trade. Even if i cant take the money out, i use them to purchase rare items. Like scale sets,drake, staf of the land. But above anything, ban of rmt brought to me that lazy casual stile i used to play 10 years ago. I never grind a skill again. If i get online and feel like building i build, if i see my lemons ripe i harvest them. If i see a tool needeing imp, i imp it.but i do have a high level in most skills. So i play casual. I pay my prem with real money.and i have premium for 3 years on priest and two on main. Some people might not have the silver for it. But some others like me will always buy their rare mats, the mortar,bricks, planks and whatever building stuff for their own projects.. so no need for rmt

Just for your information, the only way to get new silver/gold coins ig is currently RMT (Real Money Transaction).

To get silver coins in Wurm, you go to https://wurmonline.com > Shop > Choose your package > Paypal/Credit Card, there is no other way.

By allowing other players doing the same, that will only stimulate the IG economy as people will be willing to dig 1000 dirts to brag it into market on a fluctuated price based on the supply and demand. (and not on the louder PC in trade channel...)

There is also no lost for Code Club AB as they can charge a fee on Sell Order Certificate (or whatever the name).

On the other hand, do you guys have arguments on how RMT will be bad for the game? Until now I just read some personal opinions & experiences but not much about possible negative impacts for the game itself.

Nope, you don't have any argument for being against RMT ?
yea, this is what I thought 😏

That being said, I expected a more elaborated response from the 'Board Moderator' to my open question. 🤔

Edited by Baenre

On 8/21/2020 at 11:13 AM, Baenre said:

Thank you for your feedback, I understand your opinion even if im totally disagree.

I expected that students, younger people, not so rich persons, etc, was against RMT because they have the illusion that's unfair versus people who's paying.. but it's not.

"Thanks for the input, however you've clearly never seen a dollar in your life you street urchin"

All officially supported transactions deal with silver, which is a traceable resource in-game. You buy silver with whatever currency you like, and then the silver stays in the game before exiting via deed payments, trader transactions, etc. There's no mystery as to where it's going if a dispute arises and needs to be dealt with. Let's compare that with transactions outside of that:

On 8/21/2020 at 8:42 AM, Baenre said:

RMT brought a 4th dimension to the game's economy

The "4th dimension" here is having something Wurm controls (Accounts, services) being sold for something Wurm doesn't control, currency. Disputes here are much messier, meaning now you need an actual process, you need people to handle it, you need to figure out what banks you can work with. Let's say they use the Steam marketplace since it resolves those issues, right? No, now they need to link the Steam marketplace with both new accounts and accounts made on the website. Once that's done, they need to develop a framework that allows things to be sold in a sensible matter. But what is a sensible matter?

• Buying an item? Where does it go while it's being sold, does it disappear? Is it affected by decay? Is it allowed to be modified? How does it get to the buyer?
  • Buying an account? How does the buyer get the credentials? What's to prevent the original owner from reclaiming it? Does the Steam marketplace need to have access into the Wurm account database to do this? What are the security risks of giving an external marketplace access into an account database?
  • Buying a service? How do you list that on a marketplace built for displaying bulk amounts of similar items?

It doesn't work and its a ton of extra overhead for no real benefits, especially when most of the community is glad to see it gone.

Edited by Sovos