Sign in to follow this  
Ruaridh

We need Kilts!!!

+1 

New clothing options are sorely needed. The last time we got new clothes were ages ago. :( Even if we never get to craft CAPES, let us at least craft some new skirts, hats, something!

• Like 2

+1

If we get kilts I'll come back playing again, roleplaying a grumpy old scotsman.

• Like 3

More white dyeable options

(stolen ideas from online paper doll coloring books):

774f34e5cde90530edf90b36fef78b7a.jpg  fde7647ee0fa490c3bc65a9ea4fc9df8.jpgspirit_north_black_white_paperdoll.png

ecc4bb378afc496ba00c08cf50f1cb1d.jpg poppet-dragon-blue-dress.png

And of course, a KILT in honor of the thread starter

(in white+black or white+grey so we can dye it GREEN RED BLUE etc)

<<** WANTS A BODICE

66bdea877e0285482fd926cbb62b7e4d.jpg  

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

<<** WANTS A BODICE

+1 lets give the girl some pretty things to dress up in

• Like 1

I’ve been advocating kilts for a long time, it would certainly add to wool based tailoring, they’re certainly historical clothing, not just worn by Scots, but other cultures as well. I’d think perhaps as part of a larger wardrobe of new clothes, it would certainly give some visual variety to community events, with more available clothing to mix and match in combination.

Plus, I’ve always wanted to ride out across the steppe on my horse with a basket hilted broadsword and kilt, with plaid flying in the wind as I chase down some of the invading sheep...

Aye.

Of course, if we do have kilts, then will come the obligatory argument over which tartan.  I am sure plenty would be happy with Royal Stewart (or "shortbread" as I have heard it called) but I would want either Murray of Atholl or Macdonald hunting.  Thing is, I would care enough about this not to want particular tartans worn by those outside the clans/families (e.g. out of respect I would never wear Fraser or Mcleod etc, only tartans of clans from which I am descended).  This may seem silly to some, but I would bet there are plenty who feel similarly.  

I guess we need a Wurmian plaid.

3 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

Aye.

Of course, if we do have kilts, then will come the obligatory argument over which tartan.  I am sure plenty would be happy with Royal Stewart (or "shortbread" as I have heard it called) but I would want either Murray of Atholl or Macdonald hunting.  Thing is, I would care enough about this not to want particular tartans worn by those outside the clans/families (e.g. out of respect I would never wear Fraser or Mcleod etc, only tartans of clans from which I am descended).  This may seem silly to some, but I would bet there are plenty who feel similarly.  

I guess we need a Wurmian plaid.

It would have to be some made up or unaffiliated tartan, for certain, even my black watch kilts get a bit of stick now and then from certain highland clans. Wurm Tartan, I like that, a mix of red, blue, green and purple to represent the kingdoms, should be doable. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind having a bit more feminine items. I'm all for armor being armor, but give me some comfy clothes!  I'm applauding the use of coloring pages. Also may be printing out to keep me sane right now. +1 @Brash_Endeavors

• Like 1

Make a white dyeable kilt please 2 colors, I'd like a pink and orange kilt just to disgust people. 

• Like 1

Bump because we want kilts!!! and more clothing options!!!!!!!

• Like 1

It would never happen but it would be great to be able to specify the threadcount when using the loom.  

It would be great to be able to skin weapons.  I wouldn't want a claymore necessarily, but a lochaber axe or jeddart would be cool.  

• Like 1

Basket Hilted broadsword and targe should be easy enough. As far as reskins for weapons are concerned, there's not a huge amount of difference between a longsword and a broadsword. Or even a dirk skinned from a shortsword, like my real life broadsword and dirk set.

As far as tartans are concerned, here's a couple of designs I've been playing with:

OTNJ9vE.png

xBmLzyk.png

tg0ed3I.png

Edited by Zenity

5 hours ago, Zenity said:

like my real life broadsword and dirk set.

Colour me jealous (in Murray of Atholl).

I like that third one.  Black in the count makes a big difference.

It looks like you have an app for easy depiction of a sett.  I reckon one Wurm tartan in 3 variations would provide a lot of scope.  For example, use that third one as the basic (let's call it the ancient) then replace the purple with green for hunting, and replace the purple with white for dress.  

34 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

Colour me jealous (in Murray of Atholl).

I like that third one.  Black in the count makes a big difference.

It looks like you have an app for easy depiction of a sett.  I reckon one Wurm tartan in 3 variations would provide a lot of scope.  For example, use that third one as the basic (let's call it the ancient) then replace the purple with green for hunting, and replace the purple with white for dress.  

they’re all designed in software for a tartan company. https://tartandesigner.com/ 

My original idea was to design a tartan that represented the 4 colours of the 4 kingdoms, so, azure, for JK, Red for MR, green for Freedom and Purple for HotS, with a dark brown representing the earth we all share. 

For some reason the purple seems to dominate, but reducing thread count on the that bobbin didn’t look right either.

Would be nice to have hunting and dress sets, but probably overkill for Wurm. I also like the last sample, but the blue is lost, and it really needs to be represented for me to be happy it’s really Wurmian.