Sign in to follow this  
Erowynn

Mark Store Scam

Please remove all items on Mark store that can be purchased from traders.... just please I had no idea that I could buy the majority of the stuff on there for a fraction of the cost. It cost 1 silver per 20 marks, a LMC is worth 2100 silver by this measure... why in the world would have I payed this knowing I could get for 40 silver?!?!? FOR REAL?!?!? FIX IT PLEASE.

Edited by Erowynn
  • Cat 2

Hi Erowynn. 

So when you buy Silver, you get 20 marks. This is not the main way that you are meant to obtain them.

For every Month of Premium you buy, you get 4500 marks. If you buy 6 months at once, you get an additional 3000 Marks, and if you buy 12 months at once time, you get an additional 6000 Marks.

This is why they are called "Loyalty" marks. They are a reward for you subscribing.

They added an additional 20 marks to give us for purchasing silver to be nice, it is a bonus that you get those, which you should only really be getting from buying Premium time.

Edited by Annuile
  • Like 2

Also a good thing to keep in mind, is that some players may not be able to spend the 40s in one go for a chest, and may save up through premium to eventually get that reward. I think it's great that even if you can't pay real money for one, you can still earn one in game just through premium.

• Like 5

I suggest the page in marks store, just where you hit Accept, could indicate if that item is available by other means.

If a player is on the fence, choosing (for example) between a magic chest or care for another creature, they know of an alternative for the chest.

Edited by Shmeric
  • Like 1

Agreed. Any item in game that can be purchased by other means should clearly specify it. You can always buy them from other players as well.

I disagree, not everything must be spoonfed. Somebody interested in LMC etc. may have a look into Wurmpedia. There recently the purchase from a trader is the only way of creation mentioned, along with the price. There is no information either about other means to care for creatures etc., and shouldn't be.

The marks store is meant as loyalty reward, not as a p2win scheme. Edit: That is the reason for the low marks reward when buying silver. One gold (100€) amounts to 2000 marks, while a full year sub (69€) amounts to 60,000 marks.That is intentionally done so, as silver is transferable between accounts and players while subs are not.

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 3

Hi Erowyn, 

For clarification, did you purchase 21 gold in order to purchase this item? 

• Like 7
  • Cat 2

1 hour ago, Shmeric said:

I suggest the page in marks store, just where you hit Accept, could indicate if that item is available by other means.

If a player is on the fence, choosing (for example) between a magic chest or care for another creature, they know of an alternative for the chest.

I think this is a good suggestion, and it need be only an asterisk footnote to indicate the item is also available from a trader.  I don't see this as spoon feeding anyone.  Wurmpedia is a good resource that I use but the reality is not everyone will read, or think to read, and there's no sense in alienating a player for something like this.

Lets do some math....

If you buy a year prem you get 60k marks, and 12 sleeping powder.   With that you can then either buy the powders and you get 32 powders, sell them for 2.5 silver (going rate now) is 80 silver.

Now a Large magic chest is 42000 marks/ 3000 = 14 x 2.5 =35 silver. 5 silver cheaper with marks. 

Not to kick Retro in the butt , but I bought silver once and when i realized i did not get near as many marks I will never buy silver form the store, Only year prems at a time

3 hours ago, DemonaNightshade said:

Also a good thing to keep in mind, is that some players may not be able to spend the 40s in one go for a chest, and may save up through premium to eventually get that reward. I think it's great that even if you can't pay real money for one, you can still earn one in game just through premium.

Amen, I would prefer to spend marks than 40s, also calling a choice given by the company to players a scam is a bit overboard. 

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Platyna said:

Amen, I would prefer to spend marks than 40s, also calling a choice given by the company to players a scam is a bit overboard.

Exactly my point. Btw. I don't have anything against a footnote pointing to  the possibility to purchase certain items from a trader instead of the marks store.

Btw.,  Loggy

I bought silver once and when i realized i did not get near as many marks I will never buy silver form the store

sounds hilarious. If you do not need silver, or have an opportunity to get it by legitimate ingame trade, go ahead. But RMT is over.

There are very good reasons not to reward silver sales with too many marks. That would only encourage shady operations.

I make plenty of silver in game lol, I just prefer using marks for items I want to get and sell to others :) good profit

I prefer to buy LMC from marks shop and SMC from traders. 

• Like 1