Sign in to follow this  
Sound

Set Sleep Bonus Inactivity Timer

I don't know about you, but when I'm doing semi-afk tasks on Wurm I often get distracted pretty easily, and before I know it this shows up in event chat: [00:00:00] Auto-freezing sleep bonus after 10 minutes of inactivity. Hours of sleep bonus are probably wasted everyday because of how long the inactivity timer currently is.

I think it'd be a welcomed addition to the game for there to be a way to set how long it takes before your sleep bonus is automatically disabled. This could be done through a chat command or through an interface in the game. I'm sure there are extra features that could be added to it but in its simplest form there would be a minimum time and a maximum time and you have the freedom to choose a timer within that parameter.

Please avoid responding with +1/-1 as the devs ignore those kinds of comments. Instead give feedback or possible additions to the idea, thanks :)

Edited by Sound
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sound said:

I don't know about you, but when I'm doing semi-afk tasks on Wurm I often get distracted pretty easily, and before I know it this shows up in event chat: [00:00:00] Auto-freezing sleep bonus after 10 minutes of inactivity. Hours of sleep bonus are probably wasted everyday because of how long the inactivity timer currently is.

I think it'd be a welcomed addition to the game for there to be a way to set how long it takes before your sleep bonus is automatically disabled. This could be done through a chat command or through an interface in the game. I'm sure there are extra features that could be added to it but in its simplest form there would be a minimum time and a maximum time and you have the freedom to choose a timer within that parameter.

Please avoid responding with +1/-1 as the devs ignore those kinds of comments. Instead give feedback or possible additions to the idea, thanks :)

So I added this feature years ago when I lost hours and hours of sleep bonus due to getting distracted. The reason it's at 10 minutes now is because of the cool-down that used to be in place for when you could turn it off (5 minutes). So the idea was 5 minute cool down + 5 minutes of inactivity.

There's two ways to proceed here.

1) I could simply change it to 5 minutes right now and it'll go out like that next patch.

2) We have to add a new field, the chat command and/or interface, and make the changes to implement that - which likely won't be done as quickly.

So when reviewing this, consider the options above. :)

• Like 3

Thanks for the reply @Keenan. I didn't realise there was reasoning behind the length of the timer to be honest, that makes a lot more sense though. If it's possible, I think adding both options 1 and 2 would be great (as in change the timer to 5 minutes for the time being whilst option 2 is being worked on).

Indeed, nobody wants to waste 5 minutes either, so they will try to remember to stop it manually, but if they get distracted it's surely better if it's 5 minutes wasted instead of 10.

Changing it to be set by the user would be nice to have.

• Like 1

make sleep bonus only count down the time used in an action timer and none of the time where an action isnt being used

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, armyskin said:

make sleep bonus only count down the time used in an action timer and none of the time where an action isnt being used

If this is possible, than definitely would prefer this. Simply stops it from being wasted at all in general which was why Keenan originally implemented it from what his post was saying.

Though if this isn't something possible than even simply the five minutes would be better off.

Edit: Simply tying your Sleep Bonus Timer to your Action Timer even! - Though hard to implement for Cooking/Fighting which holds no action timer.

Edited by Jotz
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, armyskin said:

Nice idea, but difficult.  What actions exactly?  Climbing comes to mind as something that does not show an action timer, but does effect gains so someone may want it included.

1 hour ago, Keenan said:

1) I could simply change it to 5 minutes right now and it'll go out like that next patch.

Yeah, this.   I believe that currently there is no cooldown on turning it off and the re-start cool down of 4 minutes only applies when you manually toggle it off.  Assuming that to be true, i.e. that it can be restarted without cooldown after an auto-stop, I reckon 5 minutes is a pretty good interval.

• Like 2

climb doesnt matter as a skill, has almost no affect on how far you can go

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

Nice idea, but difficult.  What actions exactly?  Climbing comes to mind as something that does not show an action timer, but does effect gains so someone may want it included.

Set amount of time without getting a skilltick/doing any action

• Like 1