Sign in to follow this  
elentari

Old Freedom Isles is turning into Epic - A veteran's perspective

6 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

"Old Freedom Isles is turning into Epic - A veteran's perspective"

Sounds like the right thread to me.

I agree, and I apologize. Not that it makes your "statistics" any better (more about that later). Greetings.

Guess we'll see in a year how the population fares for SFI. Epic doesn't seem to get any new blood anyway, and even if it does, players will get a single player experience and most likely quit there.

Unless 200 players all at once suddenly join Epic (so they have neighbours to play with, share advice, etc.) then it's not going to see any positive changes. Will necro this thread in a year * grins *

Edited by elentari
  • Like 1

As an older -payer(9 ish years) that has lived on several servers I have watched the shiny come in a few times. Since I have  never been interested  in the shiny my views are probably myopic. Whenever we get new toys  I watch everyone rush to explore it, I miss friends and allies yet know they will come back eventually. There is a natural attrition rate then things settle down. Even with so many enjoying the shiny from  my current home server Release I see new names. There is an ebb and flow to Wurm.

I sit back and wait for the tide to change