Sign in to follow this  
Angelklaine

Twitter page needs to be updated...

This approach is most likely no longer sustainable as Twitter has introduced more stringent requirements for Developer accounts, so it's no longer possible to simply create an App unless you want to go through the hassle of applying for a Twitter Developer account.

Added: Looking through this on the Wurm side, I believe the option may have also been disabled there as well, so the best route may simply be to archive the Wiki page.

Edited by ThatGuyGW
Info Added

7 hours ago, ThatGuyGW said:

This approach is most likely no longer sustainable as Twitter has introduced more stringent requirements for Developer accounts, so it's no longer possible to simply create an App unless you want to go through the hassle of applying for a Twitter Developer account.

Added: Looking through this on the Wurm side, I believe the option may have also been disabled there as well, so the best route may simply be to archive the Wiki page.

So its no longer possible to use twitter alerts? Or is it now only possible for people with developer skills? If this requires expertise on the user's side it will present a significant in game disadvantage for those without the skills to do so.

I'm not an expert and it would most likely require a Dev to confirm, but I can't see any way to link from the Wurm side at this moment in time.

If the API is still available on the Wurm side (since it is possible I'm missing it somewhere or it was moved from where the Wiki states), then it wouldn't really require expertise on the user's side, it just is a lot more laborious as you would now have to apply for a developer account and wait for approval before creating an app, and the Wiki page would need updating with more clear instructions as apps.twitter.com was deprecated sometime in the past and apps are now managed via http://developer.twitter.com/apps.

Until we can figure out how to best go about this issue, I have set the article as being "Out of Date".  Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

21 hours ago, ThatGuyGW said:

I'm not an expert and it would most likely require a Dev to confirm, but I can't see any way to link from the Wurm side at this moment in time.

If the API is still available on the Wurm side (since it is possible I'm missing it somewhere or it was moved from where the Wiki states), then it wouldn't really require expertise on the user's side, it just is a lot more laborious as you would now have to apply for a developer account and wait for approval before creating an app, and the Wiki page would need updating with more clear instructions as apps.twitter.com was deprecated sometime in the past and apps are now managed via http://developer.twitter.com/apps.

I have applied and been granted a developer account (it was instant) but I still can't make it work. 

Instructions unclear. Stick #### in electric socket.

2 minutes ago, Kyoko said:

Until we can figure out how to best go about this issue, I have set the article as being "Out of Date".  Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Thank you!