Sign in to follow this  
Holydragon

THIS Permission would make the world a much better place!

We have a large town. Almost 30 members so far and growing. A lot of people will come and go. When a member of our village, regardless where they build, they have all the perms. IF that person leaves, then the rights stays with them. What I am hearing is that we should shove this off deed... While that can "fix" the problem, it is a lot of work. It is VERY difficult to manage a town such as renaming forges and ovens with the current permission. If a village is NOT a democracy, all items that are created by a member should be owned by the mayor or at LEAST have the mayor gain automatic permissions (all of them) WITH the creator. Please add this feature and make life better for all of us! Thank you.

Edited by Holydragon
Changed wording to be consistent.
  • Like 7

Having the option to do this would be so nice, if it's a relatively easy feature to add I think everyone would be glad to see more customizable and interactable content in Wurm when some of the coolest features have been stripped due to imbalance. I can't imagine a downside of adding this function that helps your paying players. 

Aye i agree that permission system needs a small review: for example if someone locks a container on a deed but then leaves the deed and never comes back, no one can destroy the container until it decays.   

-1 But once you do this the deed member no longer has any privacy, the player needs to not have looged in for x amount of time for it to kick in.

Edited by Dorf
add

2 hours ago, Dorf said:

-1 But once you do this the deed member no longer has any privacy, the player needs to not have looged in for x amount of time for it to kick in.

Privacy complains in wurm? what? You join a village to live and work together as one you want privacy you make your own deeds that simple this suggestion has been brought up so many times over the years by so many people in so many places and the most we have ever heard of it is "we will look into it" with nothing else ever again

I as the mayor should automatically have perms on everything that is build or secured on my deed after all end of the day the mayor owns the deed now i could see an option of "transfer ownership upon citizen no longer being part of x village" being a requirement for it to transfer but even if its say for the sake of making the deed bigger the mayor toon needs manage on all buildings on deed or else they cant make changes to the deed size so mayors should have manage roles on all houses by default and other item perms should have the mayor added upon villager leaving village

That way there are no stuck carts no secured unmovable forges and ovens and so on left on villages this is especially useful on new servers where people come and go faster then freshly baked muffins on a monday morning after a 3 day weekend

• Like 2

As a new player this would greatly increase the probability of entering in to a town community and being able to leave without going around and remowing your own stuff if you have found other poeple to play with.

To have designated work areas blocked because the people that own the forge are no longer part of the deed/town, changes the work dynamics and hinders a lot.
If it is just a partial ownership of the structure for the mayor of a town it is enough to enrich and streamline the participation of people on the deed.

• Like 1

Having this would help a bunch with the dreadful long inactivity of some players or rather full on quitting the game without releasing ownership

• Like 1

I'd be happy enough if I as a Mayor could destroy houses "owned" by villagers without having to bash them wall by wall.
Now I will never allow villagers to hold their house writs, but i have previously been given deeds where I have had to bach towards 20 buildings.

That's one of the issues with villages, but if you make it so the mayor gets permission of things then that just means the mayor can go around and take what he wants. Leaves citizens open to griefing by mayor and gives players a toxic experience. But on the other hand, it does mean a lot of abandoned carts on deed to which gms need to move if animals are hitched. So not 100% sure what the fix would be. Maybe anything on deed owned by non mayor that has owner inactive for a set amount of time gives mayor command perm only to remove from their deed. 

• Like 2

Here is a solution: Expand the bank inventory for personal items and give all permissions to mayor on everything else. If a mayor is stealing, then the villager can leave and join mine. 😁

I agree with the not being able to name stuff, like forges and ovens. I feel this could maybe be fixed with a simple village permission to be able to "Rename Items". This would make it so that only certain people would be able to name or rename stuff.

Also feel that it is a very good idea to maybe transfer ownership of items to the village leader if the owner hasn't been on for "x" days. Alternatively, make items decay faster the longer someone has been off line, I know this could have negative effects if someone is taking a holiday but I'm sure there would be ways to work around this. 

The mayor already has perms to bash in anyone's building on deed, whether he is given management permissions or not.  Tedious and frustrating perhaps, if the mayor has to do a lot of that, but never the less, a mayor has and can give perms to other citizens to bash in buildings on deed that they don't own.

The big frustration as a deed owner is the inability to load/move secured and locked items. A mayor should be able to load/move any items on deed that are not in a player's house, even if they have been secured by another player. And honestly, a mayor that is taking things is soon going to find themselves alone with a reputation that will leave them that way.  That is one of the risks that joining a community should carry with it- make sure you trust the leader of the community you are joining.

As a player that has owned a large deed with a large community in the past ( with 80 or more active to semi active players on the roles at one time), mayors need this to keep things uncluttered and relieve a lot of frustration.

• Like 2

Yeah, once again, BANK for personal storage, rest give access to the mayor so they can organize it as they please. We already are having a lot of difficulty with 30 or so members. I cant imagine how frustratng it was for you with 80. Man... I feel for ya!!! 

Even if they expand bank, bank can only hold smaller items, no Supreme forges or anything big. And if they make it fit big stuff then still can't load until 23 body strength. Like I said, not sure what they could do to make both sides happy. I'm just glad I'm a grumpy old hermit who doesn't take villagers. 

19 hours ago, Dorf said:

You do realize that mayors can just bash anyone's house regardless of permissions right? There was no real privacy to begin with.

21 hours ago, Dorf said:

Remember he also said he wanted this as an additional function to pick not making it the default. They'd have to agree to the fact that the owner of this deed they are becoming a citizen of has full access to the containers and what have you on it so it's not like you wouldn't know beforehand.

Edited by Thraxexus