Sign in to follow this  
VelvetSun

Second time I am reporting this bug - PLEASE fix it !

Every time I disembark from my cart as a passenger I am thrown up in the air and crash to the ground receiving 27 damage.

I know this bug has been reported for years now, can't this PLEASE be one you fix now ?

Details - Travelling in the cart for a period of time (not tested to see how much time has to have passed), arrive home and park the cart in my lil fenced in area, disembark the character riding as a passenger (not always the same character but always the passenger) and it is thrown up in the air rather high and then it falls back down crashing in to the ground.

Sun 💜

• Like 2
  • Cat 4

I remember something similar to this years ago that was fixed.  It was always under very specific sequences of events and then stopped happening.

Can you give me a few details please?

What size is your penned area?

Is the gate on the east, west, south or north?

When you go into the fenced area, which direction are you going?  Eastward, westward, northward, southward?

Does the passenger have pass gates permission?

Is there a tree or bush in the pen?

Thanks ;)

What size is your penned area?

* Pen is 4 E/W x 3 N/S

Is the gate on the east, west, south or north?

* One gate on the south side, one gate on the west side, 3 gates in the middle dividing the pen in half.

When you go into the fenced area, which direction are you going? Eastward, westward, northward, southward?

* Heading northward through the south side gate.

Does the passenger have pass gates permission?

* Yes they do.

Is there a tree or bush in the pen?

* No tree or shrub inside the pen, it's all enchanted grass.
(There are other carts and wagons parked along the eastern side of the pen, a total of 7 horses normally inside the whole pen area, 4 on the east side with carts and wagons, 3 on the west, a chicken coop, a fsb and a hitching post on the west side.)

*Note it also happens when my passenger dismounts inside my building but the passenger is thrown up 3 floors and gets 30+ damage 😕

This is just one of many old bugs related to carts. I still get thrown out of my cart occaisionally when I exit a cave. That one has been around forever too. I'm sure they are all related.

Edited by shakys
Moderation edit
  • Like 1

I wonder if server is lagging behind and still thinks you’re on a hill when you hop out. If you can, try waiting 30-sec to a minute after you arrive and see if it still happens after that. 

• Like 1

Feel free to send me a forum PM with the answers to the following if you don't wish to reply publicly, thanks!

Server

Deed

Where does the passenger embark? From the ground, from a higher level floor?  From a hill?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Server - Deliverance

Deed - Stone Roses

Where does the passenger embark? From the ground, from a higher level floor?  From a hill?

- Passenger right clicks on the cart/wagon that is on ground level and chooses disembark

Edited by VelvetSun

I had three passengers in my cart and all three learned to fly the hard way 😕

This time I clicked on the tile beside my cart to disembark, and it was not inside the pen I normally park in.

💜

Edited by VelvetSun

I am travelling in a large cart not owned by me.  The permissions that I have on the cart are:  can command, be a passenger, access hold, and may drag.  When I disembark (clicking directly on the cart), I am flown into the air and land, losing) stamina/health.  This happens regardless of where the cart is i.e. grass, road, or my own deed.

• Like 1

Passenger in large cart owned by me.
Cart was not moving.
Right-clicked the cart, selected Disembark.
I was yeeted into the air and landed on the ground, causing injury.
Looking at the cart immediately following this incident, it was visibly clipping into the ground (flat grass tiles) instead of sitting on top of it. I'm not certain that is related, but it did not appear to be this way before disembarking.

[10:26:24] You leave the "Peep's Grazer".
[10:26:27] Ouch! That hurt!

Edited by BoPeep
  • Like 1

This is still happening, and the cart's wheels are definitely clipping into the ground when it happens.
Lots of health lost due to this, passenger only, or at least 99% of the time.

Very frustrating.

• Like 1

This just happened to my passenger. 

I drove uphill a while, fought of a goblin entered my friends deed and parked. I disembarked and scouted around for more goblins

When my passenger disembarked she fell from above the level of the nearby trees and took 26.x damage. The cart was nowhere to be seen to her after.

Everything looked fine to me but the cart remained invisible to her until I had driven it a few tiles away.

I have never seen this glitch before.

I'd had a position not updated error when driving up the hill so specifically waited for the  now updated message before disembarking first and nothing odd happened to me.

• Like 1

This does well over 40 points of damage in one injury and is time-consuming to heal.
Still happens to my passenger regularly on deed and on flat ground.

• Like 1

It also happens at my place.

I used to make a trip for players to the top pillar, like over 4k slope over the ground, 7-8k slope over the water level.

On the top of it I have a stronghold, and on the top of it tower.

Passenegers, leaving my cart on this tower always recieve some damage, like 30-40% of HP.

• Like 1

This is still happening and it is more than inconvenient. Losing 40% damage on one bruise means not playing for quite a while while it heals.
Independence.
The Lonely Ram.

Disembarking passenger from large cart on flat grass.

Random occurrence, but frequent.

• Like 2

Just heard that this bug still happens and damages players, thus I feel the need for a bump.

• Like 1

Please let us know how often this occurs.
Is anyone able to make this happen on demand?

I'am able to demonstrate this.

When someone wants to see top of my deed I usually take him on a cart, and each time he disembark at the highest tower, he just being throw up in the air and lands with a lot of damage.

On the way to the top, cart passes through various big bridges on great heights, maybe that is the couse.

Interesting thing is, the same happens when I ride them back. When they leave the cart, the same thing happens, despite they are on the low ground. Maybe cart gets bugged on the way in both directions.

I will be available in game in 10 hours or so or we can set an hour/day by PM.

• Like 1

I'll test the bridges / cart theory as well and record it and see if it can be duplicated on other types of bridges. Perhaps it's related to bridge type / server positioning data somewhere. 

• Like 1

Thank you Wilczan and Elentari, I really appreciate you both for taking time out of your day to show me how to consistently recreate the bug.
It seems caused by being in the passenger seat when using bridges over deep gaps. I'll look into this further on the test server.

• Like 5

A HUGE THANK YOU to all of you for getting involved and helping out

THANK YOU bawat 💜 for looking in to fixing this issue

Sun 💜

Update on bug testing. I've been using short flat bridges, long bridges (arched and flat) and haven't been able to replicate the bug yet.

I suspect that bridges that have high elevation (distance to ground) arched or otherwise might be the culprit. A potential variable might also be if they have fences underneath them since fences and vertical length is kinda buggy in Wurm. That will require further testing. 

As we tested on my place, bug was present for bridges (flat and arched) high above the ground, without any fences underneath.

Both were +10 tiles long.

The bridges could be playing in to it happening to me as well, I have to cross over three bridges that are 10+ tiles long and higher in the air above ravines