Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes: 18/AUG/20

We can finally hunt here in the south of Xanadu! Best patch ever! :P

But yeah, the horses are being weird again.

15 hours ago, Thalorane said:

Agreed.

I was hunting in north Xanadu daily before the update because I couldn't find anything to hunt on Cele.  Since the update, both deserts and both steppes I was hunting in have been almost completely empty and the forest has very little also.  My fighting skill gain for 2 hours of hunting each day before the update was about three times higher than my FS gain for 3 hours of hunting yesterday and 3 hours of hunting today.

I've noticed the same.  Large steppes/deserts that previously had multiple hours worth of mobs to kill are practically barren.  I can understand spreading mob spawns out more but for such large areas that used to spawn mobs frequently to be empty is disappointing.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2020 at 1:07 PM, Radni said:

This should be revisited, our neighboring Steppe is COMPLETELY void of animals after this patch.

Agreed. This patch seems to have removed any viable hunting grounds that people have used for YEARS. Steppes and deserts should have a higher concentration of creatures for this reason. Spread things out, sure, but is to the extreme.

1 hour ago, Ehizellbob said:

Agreed. This patch seems to have removed any viable hunting grounds that people have used for YEARS. Steppes and deserts should have a higher concentration of creatures for this reason. Spread things out, sure, but is to the extreme.

Removed previously known hunting grounds. Over time, new areas will appear. It's only been a week.

Traveling between servers, found a whole herd of horses on the server border (east side).

I am loving this fix, there are actually mobs in central xan now and have to pay attention on deed when I'm on alts. Hyenas are way too many and could use a big reduction in spawn rate to let more interesting critters spawn.

On 8/22/2020 at 10:00 AM, Kelody said:

Removed previously known hunting grounds. Over time, new areas will appear. It's only been a week.

It's been a week since the update and here are my observations.  According to the post in Town Square, NE Harmony is overflowing with mobs.  That is not the case in NE Xanadu.   I'm talking about an area that takes 30 minutes to ride through, so if that qualifies as one hunting ground I'll disband my deed on Xanadu; I can find nothing to hunt on Cele without the boat ride or paying more upkeep.

This area is not devoid of mobs, but 'Get Info' over the past four days has consistently shown less than half of the mobs that were present before the update, and most of it is goblins, hyenas, spiders, and wolves.

These screenshots show 2 deserts and 1 steppe.  I've been in local or very close to local for at least 8 hours a day and saw one other person on one day, for about 5 minutes.  I hunt when I get there and check before I leave, and only a few mobs have respawned, if any.

Wo6kmoT.jpg

Killed 3 scorpions in this desert today, which is more than every other day since the update.

Mb2QIMV.jpg

mT5VUin.jpg

This is the first time I've seen three scorpions in one screen in this area since the update.

zS9VCK7.jpg

VDK4fD9.jpg

view from meridian highway guard tower south east independance.

I want it noted here that the woods are so heavily populated less then 30 tiles away from the steppes that I could circle the same 20 tile radius and never stop fighting. I killed so many pigs today guys you have no idea. Saw a few scorpions a lot ofpigs bears and wild cats. The steppe had 3 hellhounds a hyena and 4-5 sheep/rams and two raging wolves.

Was very inverted from what it was before the patch. The woods are the most dangerous place to be xD.

That said we are seeing a lot more spawns by the deed now so overall I like it more.

the screenshot

YIu65y9.png

• Like 1

Can some of the Definace MR people show some pictures of our deserts to? I think they know about waht  I talk. For us this is definetly work out great but yeah spawns seam some how broken you cant walk a tile without geting a mob in your way. Its kind of frustrating if you move 100 Tiles and have 10 Crocs and 15 Scorpions behind you.

Short edit I talk abou this:

Edited by Radircs

21 minutes ago, Radircs said:

Can some of the Definace MR people show some pictures of our deserts to? I think they know about waht  I talk. For us this is definetly work out great but yeah spawns seam some how broken you cant walk a tile without geting a mob in your way. Its kind of frustrating if you move 100 Tiles and have 10 Crocs and 15 Scorpions behind you.

In the very large desert, steppe, and forest that I posted screenshots of above, today in a 90-minute hunting trip I killed 2 lava spiders, 1 spider, 1 scorpion, 2 wolves, 1 unicorn, 4 hell horses, 1 hell hound, 3 hyenas, 1 wild cat, and 1 goblin.  I saw two more lava spiders but they were too high up on mountains for me to reach.  This is incredibly frustrating and I hope it is corrected soon.

giphy.gif

Breeding in Defiance... Horses seem to be hugging the corner of the pen. Whomever touched the migration code touched it wrong.

Sign in to follow this