Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes: 18/AUG/20

PatchNotes-1.jpg
  • Change: Creatures will now respawn in the areas where there’s few of them, instead of randomly around the map. This will eventually make the creature density around the servers to even out.
  • Bugfix: Fixed issues causing client to silently and randomly disconnect from the server.
  • Bugfix: Creatures should no longer migrate north.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an exploit enabling to drop RGB values of dyes with very small amounts of lower RGB dye.
  • Like 14

God is real and he has saved us from the migration.

Assuming it actually fixes it this time around

• Like 3

Cele visited the doctor(praise be thy keenan) and got cured(potentially)

Now when is cave grass going to be fixed?

• Like 1

• Bugfix: Creatures should no longer migrate north.

Does that mean north's soon to expect less populated areas, we'll see soon enough :)

8 minutes ago, Vorticella said:

Does this mean I might actually find a wild bison?

if you are on release, that's impossible 😆

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Change: Creatures will now respawn in the areas where there’s few of them, instead of randomly around the map. This will eventually make the creature density around the servers to even out.

Does this mean that deeds with a lot of animals (docile or aggressive) will be effectively stopping mobs from spawning in the vicinity? 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Finnn said:

if you are on release, that's impossible 😆

Seems like every server! I've been searching around steppe areas and coasts of 5 different servers for days, and haven't seen a single one, dead or alive. Not even up on the cliffs or anything. Absolutely none 😕

I feel a little bad for everyone that settled in the North for the very reason that animals always migrate North. 

Can creatures respawn if characters are within a certain distance?  Say I am heading over to that tasty looking rat, will it vanish and respawn somewhere else on the server?

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:

Bugfix: Creatures should no longer migrate north.

Oh No She Didn't GIF - ParksAndRec AndyDwyer ChrisPratt GIFs

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vorticella said:

Seems like every server! I've been searching around steppe areas and coasts of 5 different servers for days, and haven't seen a single one, dead or alive. Not even up on the cliffs or anything. Absolutely none 😕

saw one in my vicinity's maple forest today

3 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

I feel a little bad for everyone that settled in the North for the very reason that animals always migrate North. 

Can creatures respawn if characters are within a certain distance?  Say I am heading over to that tasty looking rat, will it vanish and respawn somewhere else on the server?

Nothing was added to make creatures randomly vanish as you get close to them...that's just a hallucination.  Don't worry it's normal, I sometimes see Wildcats hidden in the grasses only to get close and discover it was just a wood scrap.

• Cat 1

Have seen the same behaviours. Now move North deeds to NE locations for high mob density :) 

This should be revisited, our neighboring Steppe is COMPLETELY void of animals after this patch.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Turtlesnipew said:

This update is making my horses sick  😭  they go northeast now

So, I dont know if this applies to your case, I was told that its possible that the animals going to the corners of pens is because they move away from players :P For the longest time I thought it was a bug that they were pathing to corners, then it turned out they were just moving away from me and my alts.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Radni said:

This should be revisited, our neighboring Steppe is COMPLETELY void of animals after this patch.

that's how ours had been since the start, give it some time see if it evens out.

I would like to add I have noticed a handful of super spawn locations. They don't appear to be spawn where other animals aren't but instead mainly at those locations. What is the north like? We still have many "dead" forests and open spaces in southern regions.

8 hours ago, Nicrolis said:

So, I dont know if this applies to your case, I was told that its possible that the animals going to the corners of pens is because they move away from players :P For the longest time I thought it was a bug that they were pathing to corners, then it turned out they were just moving away from me and my alts.

They were spread out much more evenly in my area before this, now they all pile in the northeast and get diseased and pack tiles and die

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Turtlesnipew said:

They were spread out much more evenly in my area before this, now they all pile in the northeast and get diseased and pack tiles and die

maybe try separating them with a gates 

Tons of horses in the ocean of north Celebration - something did not work as was expected... strangely all in a 20x20 or so area

Edited by Jaz

On 8/20/2020 at 8:47 PM, Jaz said:

Tons of horses in the ocean of north Celebration - something did not work as was expected... strangely all in a 20x20 or so area

Yeah, lots of horses have gone bathing in Xanadu coastal waters as well.

h11DVr2.jpg

Edited by Shmeric

On 8/19/2020 at 8:07 AM, Radni said:

Agreed.

I was hunting in north Xanadu daily before the update because I couldn't find anything to hunt on Cele.  Since the update, both deserts and both steppes I was hunting in have been almost completely empty and the forest has very little also.  My fighting skill gain for 2 hours of hunting each day before the update was about three times higher than my FS gain for 3 hours of hunting yesterday and 3 hours of hunting today.

• Like 1

Please stop trying to fix horses before the only thing that spawns is trolls and they all live in the NE waters.

Sign in to follow this