Sign in to follow this  
Andru

Technically Griefing???

Andru    ya that does seem like griefing to me. deed it or loose rules, still griefing to act like that.  one thing about this game as we have had some bad players in the past. once known they get shunned by the community .  many of those bad players, i'm sure came back to steam, just to leave bad reviews, as so many of them had less then 5 min game time before reviews. and did not continue.  this person will learn or live solo. 

I hope your able to find a better area, to live.  you won't want to be around them.  try to ask around who has space for you to live just outside their perm . or on deed for a small home and farm.  one way of saving space is 1x1 building  then go 6 tiles for your home  then 6 tiles for 1x1.  OxxxxxHomexxxxxO  this will allow others to kill the 1x1 after a certain time. but your home will be safe.  the other thing to help more is once skill is up to make QL planks add more planks to your one wall per building. the higher the QL the longer it takes to fall. .   making a small deed is best though 11x11 by 15x15 i think is 1s upkeep  dont need smaller as its still 1s upkeep .    can make money easy in game.  planks and bricks and we all hate making mortar.  it sells well.

1 minute ago, validate said:

Andru    ya that does seem like griefing to me. deed it or loose rules, still griefing to act like that.  one thing about this game as we have had some bad players in the past. once known they get shunned by the community .  many of those bad players, i'm sure came back to steam, just to leave bad reviews, as so many of them had less then 5 min game time before reviews. and did not continue.  this person will learn or live solo. 

I hope your able to find a better area, to live.  you won't want to be around them.  try to ask around who has space for you to live just outside their perm . or on deed for a small home and farm.  one way of saving space is 1x1 building  then go 6 tiles for your home  then 6 tiles for 1x1.  OxxxxxHomexxxxxO  this will allow others to kill the 1x1 after a certain time. but your home will be safe.  the other thing to help more is once skill is up to make QL planks add more planks to your one wall per building. the higher the QL the longer it takes to fall. .   making a small deed is best though 11x11 by 15x15 i think is 1s upkeep  dont need smaller as its still 1s upkeep .    can make money easy in game.  planks and bricks and we all hate making mortar.  it sells well.

thank you for the nice post. i listened to the Gm and deeded the area so i have a cool spot to forest. It's all good now. Added them to ignore, finished the fence. Washed hands of it all.

This post merely started as a thought just to discuss what people thought regarding land hoarding, but after the post went down it literally happened exactly in game.

Right now I am having fun away from that area with a new guy i met doing digging jobs, exploring, and now we're getting the cart packed up to move to the next area... like migrant laborers. :)

• Like 3

There is also a play nice rule, you seem to forget about it (or Enki will rip your heart out). The fact something is not on a deed doesn't mean you can vandalize it or steal. 

4 hours ago, Platyna said:

There is also a play nice rule, you seem to forget about it (or Enki will rip your heart out). The fact something is not on a deed doesn't mean you can vandalize it or steal. 

Not really correct. Anything off deed that isn't secured is fair game. Advertising otherwise is just setting people up for grief.

Edited by Beanbag

I live in a very populated area (or rather what was a very populated area before Steam launch), and therefore we had many GM interventions here, so what I am saying is from my experience on what GM rulings were issued, considering the fact these were pretty consisted in different cases by different GMs. You are not allowed to vandalize other people work.

Edited by Platyna

Yeah and it's still going on. They're cutting down sprouts, coming by my house and standing there. Cutting down all the trees on perim so i have to expand deed, created a mine just outside of deed.. etc.

It's like every single day, like they're obsessed with me.. So much so I gave a negative review just now.

Nydogg still here literally driving cart on top of me, following me around. I've asked them repeatedly to ###### off

4 days of these losers constantly ###### around here wondering if GMs will enforce rules and issue a ban

Ok first of all, sorry for my english ....(Andru ask me last time we talk before he ignores me to talk in french so he can use google translate to understand what the hell i'm saying... )

Ok Andru, i've been more than patient with you.....

Day one, we are building a highway in forest,

day 2, someone (you....) build a fence right in the path of the highway (15 tile and more than your deed), you call gm, we stop highway, we replan it, tunnel it under the moutain for you......we lose many hours just to be gentle with you (because we just don't need any authorization building roads in free lands ....)

day 3 you enlarge your fence, block an oak (because it's you oak you said.... right in forest ???)

day 4 (today) you destroy pavement of the highway 100 tile away from your deed (the highway is between my deed and dragon's deed)   -> [10:20:30] Andru starts to remove the stones from the paved dirt. ALL IN LOGS !!!!!! (for that i come with my cart on you like 25 sec....still in free forest .....)

you come on forum crying because i cut one tree (and replant it) near your deed..... (10-20 tile away.....)

You come on forum crying because i harvest fruits and cut crops in forest ......

when you want to complain and insult others.... try to don't forget what you are actually doing ...... 

You are complaining on forum, calling gm 10x/day, because you think we are griefing you.....

THAT IS NOT GRIEFING HARVEST TREE IN FOREST....!!!!!

THAT IS NOT GRIEFING CUTTING SPROUTS IN FOREST.......!!!!!!

Maybe it's just time for you to play solo games .....

here all the printscreen (hope links works, if not i can try another way, just ask in game, i have nothing to hide), proving that forest in and around his deed is untouched .....everyone here can pm me in game to visit the forest we are destroying and to see how we are actually doing massive grief near him (andru if you go in forest to chop all tree i'll come here again with printscreen proving that is you and not us...)

https://prnt.sc/u4d1ev                         the road you are grifing

https://prnt.sc/u4d2tp                         the road we stop for you and are actually tunnelling (still understand why.... path dont come in your deed.... because you are gentleman ? maybe the only thing you want to say here is thanks but you don't know how ? )

i stay near the pavement you remove on the road, (his deed his left behind the horse you can see far away...) AND WE REPLANTED TREE ON THE FIRST ROAD !!!! JUST TO BE GENTLE ........

https://prnt.sc/u4d3oj                         Blocked oak out of deed (ok now you put horse in we can find another utility.... and i don't want to search logs 3 days ago when you said to me why you build that fence....)

https://prnt.sc/u4d4zd                        Your house (who was not in deed before you have to expand (today becase i cut a tree near....) because we all here are damn griefers .......(if we want to grief....5-10 players here ..... what did you hope about your undeeded house......)

https://prnt.sc/u4d6ah                        The forest near your deed (but out of) where we actually are griefing like hell..... obviously trees respawn quick huh ??? .....)

Sorry neighbors but i really thing multiplayer games are actually not for you and that you really have to work on your toleration....And please ... stop lying and diffamate others players .....You are just complaining about everything and everyone (ppl you join in deed don't forget you....)

when you are surrounded by idiots it is often elsewhere that you have to look for the problem

Try to have fun playing with 100% players around you who are actually griefing you  and all are losers .....

ps: Sorry all i hope that is a little understandable but i do my best trying to make things understandable....

Feel free to pm me for questions and have fun you all

Nydogg

Last thing... you said you ask me to leave....you can't talk to me if you ignores me ;)

Edited by Nydogg

May I ask you Andru why you post that stuff on the forums AND drop names here? That is not nice, especially when big parts of the story are missing.

I live nearby, helped to build parts of the highway but stopped because of the problems in the corner around you, as I don't want to be involved and also (still) don't think that there is just one party to blame, but both sides. I talked to you on twitch chat too, so I got at least your version of some of the things.

I live near Nydogg and he was always very helpful and friendly, am in the alliance with people around the lake/canal and could read what problems they had with the highway and especially you. Dropping names, accusations and all that stuff on the forums without evidence could be "technically griefing" too, you know?

There were problems with you for days, if not weeks and pretending like you are an innocent victim let's me make this post even though I did not want to get involved in it, but now that you also destroy parts of the highway(near me) way off your deed and problem zone, I feel being dragged into it.

Blocking a highway project can have reasons, yup. Blocking and hindering the re-routed one starts to get a bit strange. You are hurting more than just the people of your old village with you had the problems with. Just try to resolve the things, communicate, take screenshots or even videos if something happens, GMs have been involved as far as I know, it can't be just a simple shallow problem, sounds more like both parties are heavily stubborn and more people get dragged into it by just living nearby.

We can't even put catseyes in because the highway was rerouted twice because of you and now you are going further up the road. Cool.

Stop playing the victim, stop dropping names and accuse people of something on the forums and stop being so paranoid about everyone griefing you.

This is not rust, ark or any other survival game where people grief for fun. You will always have problems with people, in every game, this goes for everybody. It is your responsibility to react to it within reason, you can't expect the other people to change but you can change yourself, your (re)actions and maybe this might resolve problems better than going to war with everyone. (This is not only directed towards you, Andru, but to everyone, myself included.)

I just can't understand why you would post such a "warped" story on the forums, what do you expect happens when the people you are trying to put into the bully corner happens? Just try to think about what you are doing, we are here to play a game on a PvE server, it does not need to be some competition or hostile environment. Highways are for the community, not just some people.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Andru said:

Yeah and it's still going on. They're cutting down sprouts, coming by my house and standing there. Cutting down all the trees on perim so i have to expand deed, created a mine just outside of deed.. etc.

It's like every single day, like they're obsessed with me.. So much so I gave a negative review just now.

GMs are to handle such things. I had similar situation when I started playing, and they helped me. They will negotiate with both sides of the conflict and work on some solution. But make sure to ask them to summarize and clarify even smallest piece of their ruling, so you don't get in trouble. By pulling out names on forums you will only get a drama that will make the situation even worse and the problem will persist.  

@DonutkebabWhile, as a fellow road engineer I do sympathize - some of my highway projects were also blocked by the deed owners (it is easier to put a highway under the sea than ashore), the game mechanics is clear - the deed owner decides if a highway goes through their deed or deed perimeter - these are protected by the deed permissions. In most cases education works, e.g. explaining that a waystone on your perimeter doesn't give your deed a route (for those who doesn't want it), but there are also hopeless cases, like a person having a deed with the shortest path to an important public resource and putting people who live nearby on KOS, so they get attacked by guards while passing by, and there is nothing you can do about it because it is their land. But to the off deed road you have the same right as them. 

Edited by Platyna

28 minutes ago, Platyna said:

GMs are to handle such things. I had similar situation when I started playing, and they helped me. They will negotiate with both sides of the conflict and work on some solution. But make sure to ask them to summarize and clarify even smallest piece of their ruling, so you don't get in trouble. By pulling out names on forums you will only get a drama that will make the situation even worse and the problem will persist.  

@DonutkebabWhile, as a fellow road engineer I do sympathize - some of my highway projects were also blocked by the deed owners (it is easier to put a highway under the sea than ashore), the game mechanics is clear - the deed owner decides if a highway goes through their deed or deed perimeter - these are protected by the deed permissions. In most cases education works, e.g. explaining that a waystone on your perimeter doesn't give your deed a route (for those who doesn't want it), but there are also hopeless cases, like a person having a deed with the shortest path to an important public resource and putting people who live nearby on KOS, so they get attacked by guards while passing by, and there is nothing you can do about it because it is their land. But to the off deed road you have the same right as them. 

I'm sorry but the highway was not planned to go through deed ... he stop us 15 tile away from his deed border but the highway was not heading into his deed !! we were in full free forest !! the highway was planned to not touch any deeds ..... and we just tunnel it because he don't want TO SEE a road near his deed.......we never had to ask permissions to build a road/highway in forest Oo

If you apply that... i can tell you don't have to expand your deed because i like to see tree here ......and i don't want to see you sprouting tree, harvesting fruits in that free forest because they all are mine (but totally out of any settlement and not even close to .......)!!!!! (that's the actual real matter .....)

You have to understand that all the complain of that guys are about totally free of deed forest/land and we gave him everything !!!! 

Or why did i pay settlement ? if i only have to say : all that here is mine ... don't touch that or i call gm/insult and diffame you on forum .....

Today he's destroying pavement on highway because i cut ONE pine tree more than 15 tile away from his deed border ....in forest......(and i replanted it immediatly!!!!!!!!!!)

If i want to harvest the entire forest to grind my woodcutting it's my right and i don't even have to replant it ...... (but i pay a deed only for that.... so i can harvest whatever i want and be sure everyone in the area can have what they need to .....

I do it just to not have more and more problem with him...... because im 38 years old with 2 kids, and i don't have that much time to spend on forum/with gm to argue about a man who thing the whole wurm server is actually his property .......

I seriously can't do more .....

@AndruI would say to you - be nice and let them build the road, on the new servers you people need good roads. Highway lets you to move easier through the land - without getting lost and also to use the wagoner system to send bulk goods to distant deeds for dirt cheap (1c per a large crate). Negotiate - for example, so they will build you a pickup waystone in the location of your choice, or let you use their wagoner if they plant one. Highways are good for people, they are your friends. 🙂 And if many people cut sprouts and prune then trees do not go over aged, they shrivel less, produce more fruit and more sprouts for all. 

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 3