Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Cheers:D

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to pop in with late heartful cheers and congratulations to everyone involved in the Steam release. I'm thoroughly impressed and in awe with what you've achieved both gameplay wise, graphically, with the marketing, new maps and server wrestling and I am very happy to see all you players who are supportive through this.

My thoughts also go to Oracle, Tich, Eir and Duce who would have loved to see this happen.

As you probably know I'm not active in Wurm development since a couple of years back and this release was done without any involvement on my part so I want to mention that I've asked for my accounts to be removed from forum and other administrative roles for security and clarity reasons.

Lastly, I know this release has been a bumpy and sometimes exhausting ride both for the team and players but from what I can tell it's panning out nicely. Player numbers are on the rise which is always what keeps Wurm alive. Being on Steam is a crucial step to that end and probably will be for years to come.

It's fascinating to think that back when we released commercially in 2006 I thought Wurm had the potential to survive for decades but I also estimated that we ran the risk of being put out of business if competition would catch up around 2011. Seems the decades estimate is ON mostly thanks to superb team members and all you loyal players :)

With Love!

• Like 67
  • Cat 1

It will not be the same without you. Enjoy your time and thanks!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

It will not be the same without you. Enjoy your time and thanks!

Well, I'll always be lurking, following news and keeping a tab on development :) 

• Like 9

You made a good game Rolf should be proud!

Also could you pls use some of the steam money to hire 2-3 paid devs to work on making the combat system a bit more dynamic  both animation and player involvement wise?

Oh then make Retro beta test it and keep tweaking it untill he caves and says: yes is good even at 300 ping i like the feel and the flow of it put it in just stahp making me test this:)

• Like 2

A surprise to see you appear again! Definitely appreciate how far this game has come (and i seemingly can't stop coming back)

It's always funny to hear the different speculations people have about you though; what sort of things have you been up to in the past few years since you stopped working on development?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rolf said:

Well, I'll always be lurking, following news and keeping a tab on development :) 

You better :)

Congratulations on the release' success.

• Like 1

Cool, you seem like a nice dude. Can we expect to see you in-game? It'd be fun to have those types of interactions with staff and ex staff. Then again I'm on defiance so I'm not sure how many staff I'll see 😛

• Like 1

Hey Rolf, are you still directly involved with Wurm in other ways than development?

• Like 1

I always wonder, if you were tempted to play Wurm those last years, as an incognito etc.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cipacadrinho said:

You made a good game Rolf should be proud!

Also could you pls use some of the steam money to hire 2-3 paid devs to work on making the combat system a bit more dynamic  both animation and player involvement wise?

Oh then make Retro beta test it and keep tweaking it untill he caves and says: yes is good even at 300 ping i like the feel and the flow of it put it in just stahp making me test this:)

Ah, well I'm not involved in the such decisions either any longer. Others have better insight!

4 minutes ago, BrQQQ said:

Hey Rolf, are you still directly involved with Wurm in other ways than development?

Hiya, no not really. Need to focus on failing new projects :D 

5 minutes ago, treetag said:

Cool, you seem like a nice dude. Can we expect to see you in-game? It'd be fun to have those types of interactions with staff and ex staff. Then again I'm on defiance so I'm not sure how many staff I'll see 😛

Yeah I'm looking forward to play at one time or another!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RainRain said:

A surprise to see you appear again! Definitely appreciate how far this game has come (and i seemingly can't stop coming back)

It's always funny to hear the different speculations people have about you though; what sort of things have you been up to in the past few years since you stopped working on development?

I've started a couple of projects these last years, but ditched them for various reasons such as performance issues or realizing I feature creeped. Fingers always crossed for the next one!

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

Let us now if you need help with "Wurm 2".

I have a ton of ideas. 😄

• Like 1

Don't get the account deleted, I expect that would remove your content from before. Just get it locked please. Kram/hugs and have a great life! ❤️

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Cecci said:

Don't get the account deleted, I expect that would remove your content from before. Just get it locked please. Kram/hugs and have a great life! ❤️

Hopefully the accounts aren't deleted just remove the power from them, if that's what Rolf wants :)

Thanks for creating this game @Rolf look forward to hopefully seeing a new project in the future, even if it's something totally different!

• Like 1

Hi Rolf, I am a new player and your neighbour on Ind. Maybe one day we can drink a glass or a barrel of strawberry gin on my porch. 🙂 

Why delete your account? Don't do it. It would be like deleting a part of Wurm history. 

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rolf said:

If you find the time and want to spend it around some friendly newbs I'm gateert on defiance, we have a 41x41 deed just waiting to make it's mark :D

Edited by treetag
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cecci said:

Yeah just removing admin powers🖖

• Like 2

Thanks for a great game Rolf!

Edited by Harmonee
  • Like 1

Have fun/succes Rolf, in everything you do in the future and many thanks again for keeping me entertained since 2009 ;)

• Like 2

Wurm will always be your baby. Kids don't always grow up like we envisioned but they wouldn't be what they are without that initial shaping.

Thanks for more than a decade of adventure, here's to many more!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Rolf said:

Don't forget to check out Wurm Unlimited too :P

• Like 1

If you do play more again come to cele do what everyone here does on cele play for a bit make a nice place dump a few years of upkeep in and slowly disappear from wurm's social activities and then just fade away while your deed stands the test of time before finally falling into ruin 

We the misfits of wurm would love to add your ruin to our weird server full of shenanigans and weird bugs that make keenan have sleepless nights

• Like 2

good to see you pulling out of development, I foresee much improvements from here on in. Grats to the current wurm devs and associates.

Cheers,

• Like 1