Sign in to follow this  
wipeout

drop shafts galore

While mining along watching a movie i hit something weird that i thought should not have been possible anymore
afbAOTu.jpg
And backtracking i came across this in the side of my wall
YvynevE.jpg

A little bit of experimentation later and it turns out that yes you cant make drop shafts at a certain height(200-400) but if the height is way high say 600+ it does something really weird

So lets setup a little scenario

m= flat 600+ high cave floor
0=cave wall
x=lower flat cave floor that im mining
u= drop shaft

Drop shafts happen at m0x at 600+ and m00x at 900+ steep turning them into mux and muux respectively in both cases m becomes "max height" tile and u being 400-410 steep
All that is needed is for x to be mined out flat and not even touch the higher area just get close to it and it instant mines out tiles to make said shaft

These shafts are so steep that climbing speed at 50 climbing butt naked with 60 stamina is 0.08km/h and you still can not reach the top(have to experiment with goat shape still)

The reason this topic is here is because we where told on multiple occasions that drop shafts such as this should not be possible anymore and should give you a warning when mining said wall would make a drop shaft and thus as shown here that code is not working properly

Oh also server that this is on is cele incase that matters as we all know cele is weird

Incase it wasnt clear i just have to mine close to it in order for this to happen

Edited by wipeout

29 minutes ago, Tor said:

Does it let you level it

It does not still gives you a warning then which makes these nearly impossible for a player to fix unless you invest a lot of favor and time into something that should technically not be possible anymore

I am of the opinion that we should just be allowed to level them down and just not be able to build on any tile that exceeds "max height" requiring us to collapse and remine them as that way we can fix drop shafts at long last

Can be fixed easily enough with a mag priest or a shaker orb. As far as I am aware there has been no attempt to stop dropshafts from happening, and are just a part of the game.