Sign in to follow this  
Worfeus

Affinity Trading

Somebody probably already thought of this, but just in case, it would be great to be able to trade affinities with others.  Say I have animal husbandry and don't care much, but somebody has smiting and I would love that.

A possible mechanic would be similar to studying trees at harvest time.

Right click skill with affinity, with a pen filled with ink equipped and a papyrus sheet in inventory, then click "study".  This would result in the Papyrus sheet having that affinity as a name possibly and a brief description even as simple as "Animal Husbandry Affinity".

It could then be traded with another player for another affinity or sold on a merchant even.

The person who buys or receives the affinity papyrus sheet or "affinity scroll" could then right click it and choose "learn" as an action.  This would add the affinity to the character's skill, and the papyrus sheet would poof.

It would provide a way to make many people with affinities they do not care about with a way to either make a little money, or get an affinity they find exciting.  It would bring another way for characters to interact.

The guy with the yoyo affinity would still be bumming but lots of others may benefit from this mechanism. 

• Like 2

Ḑ̴̡͓͓̻̫̣̭̝̯̣̙̤͗̉̿͌̐́̔͜͠ě̴̢̢̘̮͉̩̼̝̦͓͍̪̰̍̍̌ͅl̷̡̙͛̾̾́̓̽͘͘͠ȉ̷̲͖͇̃̏͋v̶͙͍͈̘͙͛̏̇̽̍͜͝͝ě̷̛̗̟̲̳̳̿͗̌͑r̶̘̤͖̪̙̥̠̩̬̩̐͑̃̇̔̅ ̸̢̢̩̲͓͓̹̞͖̭̞͆̈̊͑̒̊̂̊̃͂̾͆͝ǫ̸̘̩̜͚̹͈͚̙̞̩̉͋͑̃ͅn̷̝̜̤̑̈́̅̄͊͒̾̐̓̏͂̍͝͠t̷̢̧͈͎͉̘̎ȏ̵͈̘̲̙̜̐̂ ̶̨̨̛͔̗̻͇̪̜̟̬̪͉̰̦̇̏̐̌̈́͋̾̇m̵̥͚͕̼͛̈́́̎̃̚e̶͚̎̀̔̊̈̈́̈̏̔̌̌̕͝ ̴̢̛͈̙̲͖͉̞̪͇̘̲͍̻̮̘͑̔̓̿̊́̄̍̅̋̚̚ť̴̘͍͕͕̼͇̋̏̀͗̄̿̏̑͘h̴̭͎͈̠͖́͂̐̈́̇ę̴͍̩͎̰͈̍̄̆̑̅̽̈́̉̇̓̀̚͝ ̶̢̯̦̪̲͈̝̞̞̳͈̜̪̣̒̆̾́̄̒̀̏c̵̛͕͓̦͖̟͙̽̎̓̍̔̎͊͂́̽̀͒͘o̶̤̐̈́͂͋̓͆̍̊̆̕͝͝l̵̡̢̬̝̊̆̇̂̽̌̌̇̅̓l̴̡̡̳̠͖͔̇̀̀̕ẻ̴̬͐c̴͙̬̠̣͇̱̆̽͛̓̆͂͊͒̇͛̈́̔́͗̀͜t̴͙̰̼͆͆̒̓̀i̸̧̢̯̳͓͔̼͇̒̃͌̓̌̐̚̚͝b̸̡̢̲̣̫̖̗̙̺͚͈̮̙̀͌̊͆̐͜ͅl̷̢̬̙̞̠̙̐̀̎̊͒͌̿͛͗̌̚ͅe̶̢̞̫̫̺̤͇͈̪̰̮̻̗̔̅͊̽́̄͑̾̕͜ ̵̢̦̞̰̯̥̤̹͈̝̼͍̇͌̊s̶̢̧̨̭̪̘͈͓̗̠̀͒͂̑̈͋͊͑̚͘͠͝t̸̥̜̣͎̗͌͆̀̔̿͊̕ͅâ̵̳̈́̀́͒̽͑́̇̽̕͜͝ṛ̷͒̆̑̓͂̓́̀̿̈͘͝s̴̪̠̲̳̟̟̦̪͔̝̗̣̳̲̙̐͑̈́̊̓̍͐͌̾̆̄

• Like 1

This is a cool idea. However what would stop a player from abusing this with alts? 

• Like 2

I really like this idea, but as above, I couldn't really support it until a way to prevent alt-spam trading is found.

It would be a nice idea if a "bought" affinity would be no longer tradeable. 

PS. I have Blacksmithing, Weapon heads smithing, Chain armour smithing - gods are making fun of me, and I would love to Animal Husbandry, Digging or Paving - but no dice so far. 😉 

I have a channeling affinity. I would like to trade it for another one.

Perhaps a better solution would be "Shift affinity" of a certain character that's given each time you purchase an affinity from the store? I find the system way too randomized since we all know certain skills are crap. 

Affinity in channeling as a non priest? Or praying? Or trebuchets/ballistae/catapults? I could go on with some other useless skills. Bad system.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, elentari said:

I have a channeling affinity. I would like to trade it for another one.

Perhaps a better solution would be "Shift affinity" of a certain character that's given each time you purchase an affinity from the store? I find the system way too randomized since we all know certain skills are crap. 

Affinity in channeling as a non priest? Or praying? Or trebuchets/ballistae/catapults? I could go on with some other useless skills. Bad system.

Yeah that Stealing Affinity I got from the mark shop is really helpful on Xanadu....

its a great idea as long as starter afinity is locked because alts spam 

18 hours ago, Elregis said:

its a great idea as long as starter afinity is locked because alts spam 

Why? It is as paid as the one from marks store. Non-prems have no affinity.