Sign in to follow this  
Tpikol

"total components" section for corbita.

i dusted off my wiki account and fixed this myself.

Edited by Tpikol

We have moved the components section of all ships to the itembox on the right of the page. 

16 hours ago, NeeNee said:

We have moved the components section of all ships to the itembox on the right of the page. 

the "total materials" sections on the item box arent new and they are diferent than the "total components" they both existed together until today for a reason. "total materials" shows a list that includes the complex materials(made of simpler components).

"total components" showed a breakdown of all the simple components you need(the real total count that you actually need to make the vehicle)so now because you didnt know why this existed, everybody will have to make their own counts of total numbers components, including the ones used to make wheel axles,sterns and rigs.

Edited by shakys
Moderation Edit
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Tpikol said:

the "total materials" sections on the item box arent new and they are diferent than the "total components" they both existed together until today for a reason. "total materials" shows a list that includes the complex materials(made of simpler components).

"total components" showed a breakdown of all the simple components you need(the real total count that you actually need to make the vehicle)so now because you didnt know why this existed, everybody will have to make their own counts of total numbers components, including the ones used to make wheel axles,sterns and rigs.

I have to agree that this change is unfortunate, and I'm not sure the reasoning. It's not like that extra section of text costs extra money. So instead of having a nice clean list of "what do I need to have in order to build this thing", now I need to open each sub component and then tally the materials up myself (i.e. the Stern requires an additional 11 hull planks, 10 tenons, and 20 pegs).

Edited by shakys
Moderation edit
  • Like 1

It would be helpful to add total components (separate from the one in the box at the right) like the Knarr page so players can get all the bulk stored materials ready before assembly. 

2 minutes ago, LionIX said:

It would be helpful to add total components (separate from the one in the box at the right) like the Knarr page so players can get all the bulk stored materials ready before assembly. 

before i opened this topic it was on all ship pages except the corbita, i added it to corbita, and now the wiki staff is deciding what to do, because they want it removed.

looks like the wiki staff decided on the "material breakdown" added below the total materials, so now its on the pages for all boats/ship small cart,large cart, wagon and Large storage unit.