Sign in to follow this  
Nelsy

Vote poll about faith transfer between new pve servers and pvp

Faith and priesthood tranfer between new pvp and pve rervers  

35 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Do you want to transfer your faith and priesthood between pvp and pve servers?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/20 at 01:55

Main reasone i doing it because i not agree with that decisions, to not do transfer because some people in rare cases want grind crafter skills on pve while they are prist on pvp and here i explain why it pointless before we vote. First of all i am priest on pvp server and i was plan it before release. I was really unhappy to know that faith and priesthood will not transfer between servers because as priest you want focus on your faith and channaling skill but if faith doesnt transfer between pvp and pve you will feel waste time playing on server where you are not a priest, because you cant level your channaling. For example, i can level my mining on pvp and in same time wait until my pray cooldown or favor regen, but if i doing same on pve where i am not a priest i waste my priest leveling time playing on pve and grinding some other skills that i cant even use on pvp as priest. Because of that this is actually pointless to grind skills on pve while you prist on pvp, because your prist progress will stop for that time. I want sometime to play on pve as priest, and help my villagers on pve as priest but i cant because i feel waste time and i forсed to play on pvp only, in same time i'll never grind skills on pve that i cant use on pvp because in my opinion it poitnless in most cases. So when you(devs) tell us "we decided to not do transfer because some prists want grind other skills on pve that thay cant grind as priests and they going to unhappy lose this opportunity" you actually reffer to very rare group of people who act pointless or they probably want abuse vynora skillgain passives even if it means they will stop progress as priest on other server and rather they are pve non priest players than pvp priests, because you actually not a priest if you not grinding your channaling well as faith. Even if you being priest on both sides you cant grind faith effectivly on both sides because you want to sermon otherwise leveling faith will takes years, for example from 30 faith to 80 faith will cost you 301 days of prays 5 times each day, so if you want be good priest you have to use sermon future, but you cant use it on both servers in same time it will burn you out quickly so you will throw your leveling on one of the server for sure, and then you will release that you cant grind channaling effectily and you forced to play only on one server.

I dont really count on success of this vote because i know that not many people really care about this issue, only people who mainly playing on pvp might be insterested in it, and only priests who from time to time thinking about to play on pve so we got here little scope of wurm players on new servers are potentially care about it. But i hope some real pve players will want availabilty to play on pvp with thair leveled priest, and it allow people who stat on pve migrate to pvp without any regrets. I seen people post they dont like your decision to transfer, but aswell i seen people who like faith transfer, and i have no idea why you listen people who not even playing their priest on pvp and grinding some other non priests skills on pve, can you please listen real priests and what they think about this transfer?

Edited by Nelsy

It's not really "rare case" that pvp priest would want to grind anything else on pve and with that rendering priest restrictions useless. How about just lift priest restrictions and lets stop pretend they are existing

2 minutes ago, Tor said:

It's not really "rare case" that pvp priest would want to grind anything else on pve and with that rendering priest restrictions useless. How about just lift priest restrictions and lets stop pretend they are existing

if you want more level other skills than your priests skills, than you probably not a prist and you must to think about swich to crafter.

Edited by Nelsy

1 minute ago, Nelsy said:

if you want more level other skills than your priests skills, than you probably not a prist and you must to think about swich to crafter.

I am sorry, perhaps i misunderstood you, but i was more like "it's nonsense to be priest and crafter on same account, or libila and vynora priest in same time"

2 minutes ago, Tor said:

I am sorry, perhaps i misunderstood you, but i was more like "it's nonsense to be priest and crafter on same account, or libila and vynora priest in same time"

agree with that

In a sense is good because the Defiance hots players can be a vyn crafter on the pve servers and not lose out on the 10% xp from vyn, but on the other hand it forces the pvp meta to be priest with high characteristics stats and that will provide a high entry ceiling in a few years.

I think the "balance" in pvp in general is stronk melee that is vulnerable to ranged and glass cannon preist that is vulnerable in melee.

But with people being able to grind high body stats even as priests it will eventually get there anyway regardless if they can be crafter other deity on a diff server as long as they cannot sail any items in and out of the pvp server guesss is cool.

If they want to remove the must be a priest and have high characteristics in high end pvp meta then they need to put a cap on them for a priest and be like:

Ok you can be a crafter and a hulk with characteristics as high as you can stand to grind... or can be a priest pvp'er but all your body characteristics are capped at 40.

They can just use the  expiring code for non prem toons, that sets a cap on skills at 20, to just set a cap on body characteristics at 40 if the toon is or becomes a priest on a pvp server. 

And i also think that they are losing money big time from not forcing a faith merge on the pve and pvp servers in the new cluster because:

On old freedom if you want to play a crafter and a priest you have to prem and grind 2 toons right?

On the new cluster they can play a crafter and a preist on same toon right? So they lose out on prem money.

Sure not all ppl would have premmed a new toon to play as a crafter or a priest and some would have quit altogether if they saw the devs go forward with the faith merge change but i think that overall they are losing money from extra premmed toons.

Is their call tho. Who knows. They could even advertise it as a feature: play a crafter on pve and be a combat pope in pvp:)

Edited by Cipacadrinho

3 minutes ago, Cipacadrinho said:

But with people being able to grind high body stats even as priests it will eventually get there anyway regardless if they can be crafter other deity on a diff server as long as they cannot sail any items in and out of the pvp server guesss is cool.

the best ways to grind characteristics aren't imping for any of them, most people just get them as a side result from grinding imping skills. characteristics matter a lot less than you'd think for pvp outside of 1v1's.

3 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

the best ways to grind characteristics aren't imping for any of them, most people just get them as a side result from grinding imping skills. characteristics matter a lot less than you'd think for pvp outside of 1v1's.

That's right but do you really think having a work around for every restriction is the way for balancing out stuff

5 hours ago, Cipacadrinho said:

In a sense is good because the Defiance hots players can be a vyn crafter on the pve servers and not lose out on the 10% xp from vyn, but on the other hand it forces the pvp meta to be priest with high characteristics stats and that will provide a high entry ceiling in a few years.

Vynora doesnt affect an all characteristics stats

I think the "balance" in pvp in general is stronk melee that is vulnerable to ranged and glass cannon preist that is vulnerable in melee.

Priests still able to get very high characteristics without griding craftig skills.

Edited by Nelsy

Ok you can be a crafter and a hulk with characteristics as high as you can stand to grind... or can be a priest pvp'er but all your body characteristics are capped at 40.

They can just use the  expiring code for non prem toons, that sets a cap on skills at 20, to just set a cap on body characteristics at 40 if the toon is or becomes a priest on a pvp server. 

What do you talking about at all, what cap? As priest you still atleast can one of there: mining, diggin, woddencutting which are awesome for characteristics grinding... and remember vynora doesnt help you grind body str faster. That not fuf that people like youe ven voting, who not understand basics of the game. 

I didnt seen here any good argumentation, dont tell me that who press NO, cant explain why

Edited by Nelsy

You just confirm my meanings that you farther crafter than priests, and you never will get high as priests because you not understand basics or dont even want grind it. Even if we count as only way grind characteristis are crafting on pve (shich is not true at all) it means you will spend there all your time to get decend 50+ bodt str and stam and you will be not prist, you will be useless as priest for other people and even for your self, so what the point of being priest than if you dont want play priest? Why devs listen people like you and ignore people who really playing priests... that even not ridiculous that disgusting

Edited by Nelsy

Libila gives bonus to body str depending on alignment, while vynora gives bonus skillgain only for mind logic 

The current system is fine as it is. 

There is nothing stopping you from becoming the same priest on both servers, and praying at the same time to keep your level the same. Sure your faith level will progress somewhat differently, but the end goal will be the same, 100 Faith priest on both PvP and PvE. You can grind to your hearts content channeling or other priestly things on either cluster.

What combining the Faiths would have done is remove people who wanted the option to craft on PvE and priest on PvP, which is what a lot of people had planned on doing when the new servers were officially announced and advertised as faith separated.

• Like 1

I think if you're a priest on one side you have to be a priest on the other, but don't have to be the same religion. I.e have faith skill transfer but religion not.

Seems far too OP to be able to be crafter on one side and priest on the other. Basically no priest restrictions at that point, skill wise at least.

Yea because I don't want to have to pray up on one server and have to do the same on another. 

Maybe an option to opt in to it once only?

Edited by Rudie

12 hours ago, Xallo said:

There is nothing stopping you from becoming the same priest on both servers, and praying at the same time to keep your level the same. Sure your faith level will progress somewhat differently, but the end goal will be the same, 100 Faith priest on both PvP and PvE. You can grind to your hearts content channeling or other priestly things on either cluster.

What combining the Faiths would have done is remove people who wanted the option to craft on PvE and priest on PvP, which is what a lot of people had planned on doing when the new servers were officially announced and advertised as faith separated.

I don't want faith combined I just want to be a priest on pve without having to go through the process again. With a limited play time of only a couple hours a day through the week I can't spend the time to pray on both.

5 minutes ago, Rudie said:

I don't want faith combined I just want to be a priest on pve without having to go through the process again. With a limited play time of only a couple hours a day through the week I can't spend the time to pray on both.

Note that praying as a priest is not primarily for faith. For that, sermoning is the method of choice, and while this may be slower if sermoning up a priest on pve and pvp, having to log out on the one to do it on the other, takes bit longer of course, the high population on the new servers may allow you to get to faith 100 in short time, even with some hours per day to play. Prayer alone would take you years unless you are praying your five times every day (or server restart).

@Nelsy i am sorry but i am not convinced your understanding of the english  language is enough to cave a conversation in it.

You quote me saying that priests can get high body stats anyways to post your statement that priests can get high body stats anyways.

Then you type something about cap what cap i am sorry again but i dont get your english fully.. i can only presume  you talked about  me saying taht priests should have a body stats cap in pvp? Yes that should be the case because then you have to choose to have acces to spells in combat but be squishy or dont be a preist but have full value of your toon's body stats in combat.

Is a way of balancing the pvp meta that is high stats priest only because non priest toons cannot compete.

Then you ramble something about how i dont understand priests and never will so should never talk about them.

Well it sucks to be me then, because i already grinded 2 preist to 100 faith and completed benediction on both before they got their 12 month prem sypglass, guess  will have to delete them now.  Thanks for  letting me know :)

12 hours ago, Cipacadrinho said:

You quote me saying that priests can get high body stats anyways to post your statement that priests can get high body stats anyways.

Yeah, because you wrote it like it only way how you do it, like only grinding crafting skills. But nvm i dont want debate about it anymore.

Guys you know, actually i chenged my mind about it. I'll just abuse it in my purposes, level faith on pve are not big deal after i get 100 on pvp.

Edited by Nelsy