Sign in to follow this  
Cipacadrinho

Rare tools extra xp or effect from affinity food

Hi!

I was  wondering how you could make rare tools mean more in pve.

I mean horse gear and med rugs sure do matter but the rest are a bit meh right?

So what if you make a neutral affinity food... you cook it in a special container that you code to ignore the affinity numbers of the ingredients used and just give a flat 5% more xp on rarity level of the tool.

So this way ppl can just put whatever they want in terms of ingredients in the special container and end up with the same 5% more xp aff for each rarity level of the tool.

It has to be tools so taht rare armor pieces or med rugs wont get their own working effect stacked with this buff.

Or make it just tools and weapons.

Issue with rare items in the game is that they aren't that rare. If you're grinding any skill to 90 you're more or less guaranteed to turn 2-3 items rare in the process. It's how I made a rare horse gear set. Also keep in mind some people spam 100s of horseshoes just to get that rare set.

Rarity just isn't that rare in Wurm. Supremes or fantastic, that's another matter.

I would however be supportive of the idea that "Rares" actually show in game descriptions on what they do. Show me what my rare longsword does : 5% more dmg? What about my rare hammer? 5% on imping quality? Etc.

Many rares are vague or just useless.

• Like 1