Sign in to follow this  
Sheffie

When can we buy moon metals?

We still cannot buy moon metals as a subscriber reward.

Why is this? Is there a technical problem or is this a deliberate decision to deprive players of access to moon metals?

I can't speak for other players but I can say that the rewards system is an important factor that affects my decision to buy premium time. If you sell me something based on the understanding that I will be able to choose a reward, and then you remove that choice of reward.... well, there's a legal term for that, but let's stick with the ethical. It's a betrayal of trust.

they removed it coz rifts arent in and it'd be p2w if you could spam mm by buying prem and no way to get it ingame.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

they removed it coz rifts arent in and it'd be p2w if you could spam mm by buying prem and no way to get it ingame.

When they add rifts will they add the metals? Im under the assumption being told by the CA's theres no intention of bringing moonmetals to the northern isles.

39 minutes ago, Scythe said:

When they add rifts will they add the metals? Im under the assumption being told by the CA's theres no intention of bringing moonmetals to the northern isles.

On 7/30/2020 at 11:28 PM, DevBlog said:

Marks Store moonmetal lumps on the Northern Freedom Isles cluster have been temporarily disabled.

If there was 0 plan to bring them ever they would have removed them from everyones inventory.

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies, folks.

But i do think that "Players with premium can have moon metals if they choose to spend Marks or Silver on them, and players without premium can have moon metals if they choose to spend Silver on them." is a lot less Pay to Win than "Players with premium can have skills five times higher than players without."

Edited by Sheffie

3 hours ago, Sheffie said:

Thanks for the replies, folks.

But i do think that "Players with premium can have moon metals if they choose to spend Marks or Silver on them, and players without premium can have moon metals if they choose to spend Silver on them." is a lot less Pay to Win than "Players with premium can have skills five times higher than players without."

reconsider your framing: the 20 skill limit is a free trial, not a f2p mode. Back then you couldn't even play on any server except golden valley without being premium- and as such was the intent, but it was deemed better to allow players to get their foothold on the actual maps they would be playing on rather than be stuck on the tutorial server.

Now, if you said "Players with multiple premium accounts can boost their priest's faith to 100 in a month and players with only one premium account will take multiple years to get there without sermons" i would agree.

6 hours ago, RainRain said:

reconsider your framing: the 20 skill limit is a free trial, not a f2p mode..
Now, if you said "Players with multiple premium accounts can boost their priest's faith to 100 in a month and players with only one premium account will take multiple years to get there without sermons" i would agree.

While I agree to the first part of your reasoning, I disagree to the second. Every priest player can join sermons with other premium players as listeners, and easily get to 100 faith in a month. No multiple premium accounts needed, just a bit understanding of the sermon mechanics which people on CA Help will be glad to explain. Given the high population density sermoning will be easier and more rewarding even than on the old servers. Every settlement with a priest or more will be highly interested to get her faith raised, and be it for the summon ability.

Edited by Ekcin
addendum

On Xanadu, one kilogram of seryll sells for maybe 4s. Meanwhile on Harmony, a 0.05lg seryll ring is selling for 4s.

The longer this goes on, the more players there are going to be who want to buy moon metals. More priests doing more enchanting, more people wanting to buy powerful, enchanted weapons and tools. In other words, this is going to get worse. Artificial scarcity isn't good for the economy. it's just good for the lucky few.  An open shop isn't pay to win, it's pay to own.

The solution here is easy. Level the playing field.

Edited by Sheffie

Odd no moonmetals or Rifts , but yet they let uniques spawn..

• Like 2