Sign in to follow this  
Benalish

Recruitment chat tab

Yes yes, we have a ton of chat tabs already as it is, but look at it like this

I've seen a ton of people either crying about the "recruitment spam" or asking for a chat to easily recruit, without the nonsense chat in-between

I suggest that it works like the Trade tab, like type "RFV" Recruiting for village and "LFV" looking for village, or any sort of it

If people don't want to see that chat make it togglable 

the forum recruitment tabs just aren't doing the thing they should, and looking at it now that we have a ton of new players playing from steam, not caring about the website and forum

we really need a easier way to recruit

Give your opinions of this, both the good and bad, we need em all ;)

• Like 5

I don't really have any problem with the people posting in Global, though I do think they'd have an easier time if there was another tab window for them similar to how Trade is working atm.

Also think the idea of RFV and LFV would be good to, makes things easier to distinguish.
New window prevents a flooding of messages from other people which would wash away the person trying to recruit/looking for a village.
Easy to spot what server someone is on versus asking in Global. (Though can always just put it through Freedom chat itself, still has potential to wash away the message in other people talking depending on population size.)

• Like 1

I think a recruitment tab would make it easier for newer players who are looking for a village to join to find one. Have like a 1-hr cooldown posting on the tab if necessary.... Maybe even allow people to click the person and it opens a PM with them (instead of having to right click open chat), or have the MOTD of that chat say something like "To respond to a recruitment ad, right click the player name and open chat".

It'll also allow people who don't want to see the spam of recruitment ads flying by to no longer see them without the use of /ignore.

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 2