Sign in to follow this  
Radni

Make surface mining easier, or mining cave floors harder

How come I can mine a cave floor/ceiling and 1 hit = 1 slope. But when I surfacemine, it's not near 1 hit = 1 slope. Make surface mining 1 hit = 1 slope. Why does the weatherbeaten rock on the surface harder to mine away than the hard middle of the underground mountain stuff?

• Like 1

I do have to agree with this.. I am spending way too much time making a road off a mountain than I would be mining out my mine. Surface mining IS a bit excessive in the difficulty with how many hits it takes to get one shard.. I am nearly a skill level 30 and it is taking  sooooo many strikes to go down 1. and each side I need to mine down roughly between 15 and 30. I am almost done with the first leg of it.. and at the steepest part before the next leg of my  road. I been working at this too much and neglecting other things, because I been on this road even more. I wanted to be done with this road  and it is a short one.. days ago.... but no.

1 hour ago, Radni said:

Why does the weatherbeaten rock on the surface harder to mine away than the hard middle of the underground mountain stuff?

its easier to strongwall a cave than it is to make hundreds/thousands of concrete and hope you don't hit the 40 slope max

• Like 2