Sign in to follow this  
Ols

Digging peat down to rock doesn't reveal the rock

I've just tried digging and levelling two peat tiles down to rock to get rid of them as I need to get to the rock underneath. Unfortunately when I hit rock on all 4 corners of either tile (they are adjacent) the tile remains peat, and I can't do surface mining/tunneling actions there. This leaves me with few options for removing the peat. This seems illogical and unreasonable as its obstructing me from building my deed. Even if this was originally intended, it really shouldn't be a game mechanic and I should be able to dig resource tiles down to rock. This is on Defiance.

I've experienced a similar issue to this with a tar patch at my deed on Affliction and received help from Enki to fix it after transmute liquid didn't work. Not sure what the conclusion the GMs reached was.

Edited by Ols

Just now, Skatyna said:

Transmutation liquid

And required Cherries are just in season now, so dont miss

Thanks, but last time I tried I couldn't transmute a resource patch back to dirt under the new transmute rules. I would appreciate some clarity on whether this is intended.

Not a bug. Clay, tar, peat can only be removed with transfluid now. Mining to rock doesn't remove them anymore.

Why though? What advantage does this confer? It seems like a really big stumbling block for someone who has an awkward resource patch near them.