Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. Cadence Rising

nice map, but id recommend making is 8x8 :o you might be splitting the community to fast. its still to early to know how trafficked the islands will be if you ask me.

• Like 4

Just now, Tilda said:

Really worried now about the ignored older servers and what is going to happen to them :(

the ultimate long term plan is to provide each player his own server to play. 

• Like 9

With spreading people out, please add a Northern Only Chat tab, Can add a southern only chat tab too.

• Like 2

Repeating the mistakes of spreading the population incredibly thinly in the south cluster by adding too many servers in the north cluster now? Really? Another 8x8 with a lot of coast to take the pressure off I could understand, but a 16x16 is some extreme overkill.

• Like 9

This certainly is a boat lovers map. Or will be, after some canal work. I don't think adding a new server is such a bad idea as most people seem to think, people are stacked pretty tight on the northern isles rn

• Like 3
  • Cat 1

4 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

the ultimate long term plan is to provide each player his own server to play. 

If anyone is going to leave Ind, I would like to warn you - if I will remain the only player there, I am going to pave the whole thing in marble/sandstone checker board pattern. 🙂

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 4

why? Please tell me this isnt the fix for Mobs being absolutely ruined xD 

I didn't want to have neighbors within 6 miles of me anyway.

Edited by Melros

21 minutes ago, Stargrace said:

Instead of spreading players out even MORE, I'd love to see some innovative ideas to encourage new players to join up to the older freedom clusters. There's lots of space (hi, 10 players on celebration...) and offering a handful of perks or some encouragement could go a long way instead of (yet another) server.

Oh boy did say the same thing a few weeks ago and how did they roast me here ... well no longer premium player now since my village is on the old pre steam islands and with an average of 100 players Xanadu is a ghosttown. Can´t wait to see the hype go away and having the new Islands connected to the old island so that each player can have a privat server with the amount of new lands found recently 🤣🤣🤣

While I agree in general that too many servers is a detrimental thing, we have looked at the deed maps of Harmony and Melody and found the only unclaimed land on Harmony is some areas deeper inland, and Melody has close to none at all, other than in certain undesired biomes.

This combined with the fact that we continue to have a lot of new players entering the game, and our further plans for promotion in the near future, we needed a server in the Northern Freedom Isles cluster that will actually be able to handle those players, instead of making everyone frustrated on not being able to find free land.

We'll consider ways to make the Southern Freedom Isles cluster more appealing to the new players, but currently it's a bit of a tough sell, as understandably the new player experience is much more attractive to most players on the new servers.

• Like 18

the new server looks like a bridge builders dream. 

Edited by Chiqa
Answered
  • Like 5

I think I agree.  The thinning will be real.  This is like a new innovative infomercial for something that builds your abs.  It starts selling like hotcakes, so the knockoffs show up immediately to ride the wave.  Thousands or hundreds of thousands sell within the first few weeks, then within 3 months, every single ab machine is in the closet, never to be used again.  But, all the sellers got rich, which is the important thing.

Now, while I agree that this will lead to thinning problems in the future, I still don't like the population lag on Harmony now.  I'd really prefer our numbers stay under 600, based on my lag experiences.

• Like 1

The only silver lining i could see with this is if they really boosted the mob counts and made it a sort of hunting server, just like how Exodus was intended to be one at the start. 

Because right now there is a severe shortage of mobs on Harmony, (unless you are on the north coast, since animals go north) 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Samool said:

We'll consider ways to make the Southern Freedom Isles cluster more appealing to the new players, but currently it's a bit of a tough sell, as understandably the new player experience is much more attractive to most players on the new servers.

Not necessarily. We have many new players still coming to Ind (not such a rush as on North), I think both clusters can offer different things for different kind of people. If I was to start to play the game today, I would pick South again. Playing with QL20 blank shovel and paying 10s for a row boat, is not appealing to me, I like to scavenge and discover the settlements that were here before me, anyone interested in archaeology would rather pick the old cluster too. I once visited Northern Ind and spent there way too much time than I planned, visited weird fallen deeds with crazy and amazing ideas implemented and nice items laying on the ground. 

If the marketing strategy will be right, both clusters would be lively and populated. But there should at least a tab on the main site with an accurate description of all servers.

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Platyna said:

If the marketing strategy will be right, both clusters would be lively and populated.

This! The 'new player experience' exists on older servers as well as new ones for pete's sake. We have so much beautiful land going to waste while even our older players run off to the overcrowded deforested mess of new servers. Sorry I love wurm and think I might just go have a good cry over this lack of foresight. (edit, I won't really, just so sad when once again kerching wins out over everything else)

Edited by Tilda
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Platyna said:

Not necessarily. We have many new players still coming to Ind (not such a rush as on North), I think both clusters can offer different things for different kind of people. If I was to start to play the game today, I would pick South again. Playing with QL20 blank shovel and paying 10s for a row boat, is not appealing to me, I like to scavenge and discover the settlements that were here before me, anyone interested in archaeology would rather pick the old cluster too. I once visited Northern Ind and spent there way too much time than I planned, visited weird fallen deeds with crazy and amazing ideas implemented and nice items laying on the ground. 

If the marketing strategy will be right, both clusters would be lively and populated. But there should at least a tab on the main site with an accurate description of all servers.

Who is paying 10s for a rowboat lol. I bought one for 1s. That's the going price.

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

The appeal of linking multiple priests is due to the way the existing favor regeneration and sacrificing systems work. With this in mind, we will be introducing a new system to address those weak spots within playing a priest. 

Here is my two cents from a 6 foot foxhole.

I have two accounts.

One is a Priest and the other a Follower (something to do when I am praying, casting and waiting for favor to regenerate)

The Priest has reached a 50 milestone in prayer, 40s in Favor and Faith, 20s in Channeling

The Follower has almost reached 50 in two skills in less time (I created the second account about a week later) Forage and Botany.

Others in my organization have reached multiple milestones in the time it took me to reach one in Prayer.

I think the Priest growth may need to be looked at.

There are reasons people on play Priests as an alt and not a main.

I am behind my peers in growth do to that linking loophole and I will not catch up anytime soon. I created the 2nd account out of boredom, but not I feel almost required to make her a Priest as well just to hope to close the gap.

I personally think linking should be restricted to certain spells and sacrifice should provide buffs to existing religious skills like food or stack with food buffs.

Be kind, remember I am a noob.

Blessings.

I hope you have 3 starter towns then, and those who have boats now have a huge advantage of getting that island to the west lol

The point, I would guess, is to keep the economy fresh and not be dominated by 15 year old accounts and decrepit landscapes. New player experience vs elitism. In my opinion southern and northern should never be merged. Small servers are a better choice though, Inde and Xanadu suffer a lot more from the mobs spawning from the north downwards leading to barely anything in the South, followed by terrible lag and travel times. On the plus side It is good news that Steam is such a success that it warrants yet another server.

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

1 hour ago, Platyna said:

Why? Amazing land for bridge builders. 😉 

and thats a problem

Can we get a one way TP to the new island on characters that are already on northern? 

I disagree with new server, bad idea for the long term of the game. I'd say it would be a good idea if we suddenly had an influx of 500 new players.

• Like 3

i wouldn't do another server at this point, certainly not a 16x16 one, i could understand another 8x8, but 16x16 is kinda uncalled for

Don't forget there's gonna be a huge wave of disbanding in somewhere between 10 days and 3 months

Edited by Davih
  • Like 7

New server is a very bad idea please do not release a new server at this time

• Like 3