Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. Cadence Rising

bRBCBwT.jpeg

Wow, what a launch! It's had ups and downs but on the whole it's been amazing! We have smashed all time records  peaking at a concurrent 2200+ users! It's big times for Wurm and we'll continue on making them bigger, so let's get into what's happening!

New lands found! 

After the massive influx of players with the launch on Steam, the lands of Harmony and Melody have quickly become densely populated as new players find their home. We've been monitoring deed density and player count, and with the continuing growing player base, we've decided to launch another server to accommodate all the new players!

Cadence will be a 16km x 16km map equal to Harmony, with a focus on waterways providing plenty of coastal lands. 

We will be launching this server on the 21st of August, so get prepped! 

Priest faith
After announcing our intentions to merge faith, we have been listening to your feedback on the matter. We spent time discussing this internally and have decided to not go forward with the merge. Our initial goal was to address the meta of skilling on PvE servers while being priests within PvP, but given your feedback, we're willing to change our plans. We want to encourage priest play on the PvP server rather than skilling off the server and will work on a more agreeable solution. 

Priests, links, and favor
As we have worked on addressing balance issues with priests and linking, we have spent considerable time reading through your feedback on the forums and in-game. The appeal of linking multiple priests is due to the way the existing favor regeneration and sacrificing systems work. With this in mind, we will be introducing a new system to address those weak spots within playing a priest. 

Expect to see a discussion post regarding that soon! 

There's plenty more in the works and we're looking forward with working with all of you in making sure it continues to improve Wurm as we keep the ball rolling after the amazing Steam launch! 

I'll be continuing to farm and smith (more likely stand around idle) and I know you will too, keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team

• Like 26

can we travel there from freedom cluster? Keepo

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

With this in mind, we will be introducing a new system to address those weak spots within playing a priest. 

Oh no...

• Like 5

This is meant as no offense to the map maker, but that is the ugliest looking server map I've ever seen of all of the servers, north and south. Could it be a little less... round on the sides?

Edited by Yumi
  • Like 5
  • Cat 1

hot diggity!!!  thank you for revisiting priest favor and linking

Making the same mistake spreading the servers thin.

• Like 25

1 minute ago, Jeston said:

yeaahhh, I could possibly be on board with another 8kmx8km, but this is a bit much.

• Like 6

I am disappointed, I expected Opera. 😉

Next one please name Caprice, be nice, don't fail me here. 

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 1

Northern, Southern - or Eastern freedom isles ?

Why is this server so patchy? water everywhere going to be so hard to move around. Harmony is just filled with rock slopes that you cant take a cart through, it's really annoying

feel sorry for the ones who will play on that new map lol. Might be plenty of the coastline.. but GL traveling on such a map :D

Just now, Skatyna said:

feel sorry for the ones who will play on that new map lol. Might be plenty of the coastline.. but GL traveling on such a map :D

Why? Amazing land for bridge builders. 😉 

• Like 6

Instead of spreading players out even MORE, I'd love to see some innovative ideas to encourage new players to join up to the older freedom clusters. There's lots of space (hi, 10 players on celebration...) and offering a handful of perks or some encouragement could go a long way instead of (yet another) server.

• Like 23

Yep good way to get more coin and thin things out .  

New servers are already showing less players  loging on ..

Maybe this will work can only see in 3 months  from now if they dont end up like Release and Pristine ...

So if you canceled the faith issues for priest transfer between server how about removing the mining/digging and tree cutting  penalty from all priest , the no imping is ok ..

• Like 1

Give it until early next year for the servers to be ghost towns.

Edited by atazs
  • Like 5

That seems to be too early to introduce a new server - and a large one. I think the appeal of the new cluster for many is that they feel dense. Yes, encourage new players somehow on the old PVE servers instead.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 13

5 minutes ago, Jeston said:

agreed, making another smaller one would be ok. but another one , that will pull 50% off harmony and 25%-50% off melody .   and we will end up with populations like celebration peaking at 20 during the day or worse like the others. I stopped playing xanadu because there was no one around, way to spread out.   the new cluster doesnt need another server that size.  

Golden Valley players 2/80
Chaos players 16/800
Independence players 50/800
Deliverance players 23/800
Exodus players 16/800
Celebration players 20/800
Pristine players 11/800
Release players 15/800
Xanadu players 115/800
Harmony players 671/1500
Defiance players 286/1500
Haven players 13/400
Melody players 365/800
Epic cluster players 3/3200
Total players 1606/13880
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, atazs said:

Give it until early next year for the servers to be ghost towns.

i think that too.

they are so hooked on the new server spamming, that they completely ignore the existing empty servers.. yet, numerous ppl leave the game already due to things taking too long to do, but i havent seen anywhere that these ppl would be advertised to give it another go in Epic like servers where things are twice faster.. the way it is now is 3 servers and 4th one coming up soon. Rest is the past - just there

• Like 3

Wow. I had heard that there was still plenty of land available inland on Harmony. But I guess this new map no one can really say there isn't going to be enough shoreline... Cause I'm seeing A LOT of shoreline. Shorelines, shorelines everywhere!! Lol.

The shape isn't all that great overall - but I do like how there is A TON of shoreline AND MOST of it is actually connected so it looks like highways can be done. My only question is it in theme with the general flatlands of the northern islands? Some mountains but nothing too crazy where deeding is more difficult like some of the southern isle servers.

Hopeful overall - but I'll be staying on Harmony when this server releases.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Yumi said:

This is meant as no offense to the map maker, but that is the ugliest looking server map I've ever seen of all of the servers, north and south. Could it be a little less... round on the sides?

Yeah, the inside area's are quite good, especially for the PvE style of coastal deeds. But the roundedness on the edges is a bit off putting.

Cut up the edges a bit with some (more) islands. Not just the one circular island off by itself haha.

But besides the strange App icon rounded edges, this does look like a great map.

• Cat 1

17 minutes ago, Oluffus said:

Northern, Southern - or Eastern freedom isles ?

'tis Northern. A trio now! :) 

Edit: soon*

Edited by neopherus

This:

20 minutes ago, Jeston said:

and this:

13 minutes ago, Stargrace said:

Instead of spreading players out even MORE, I'd love to see some innovative ideas to encourage new players to join up to the older freedom clusters. There's lots of space (hi, 10 players on celebration...) and offering a handful of perks or some encouragement could go a long way instead of (yet another) server.

Really worried now about the ignored older servers and what is going to happen to them :(

• Like 1