Sign in to follow this  
BrQQQ

Increase chances of becoming king

Right now, we have no kings on Defiance

With WU, people found out the chance to become a king is related to the player count. On Epic where the player count was very low, it would still take weeks or months for someone to become king. I can only imagine how long it will take on Defiance where the player count is many times higher.

I suggest simply reducing the difficulty for everybody. No biases for better accounts. Just give everybody a better chance. 

• Like 2

It should be related to numbers somehow, maybe mayors get a bonus based an players in village

Kings mean titles... few titles mean very selected few players will have a huge advantage over the others (+2CR, 50% favour cast spells etc). And since defiance is all about BALANCE, kings not even needed lol

It's kind of a shame having kingdom vs kingdom PvP with no kings. I will gladly serve any emperor chosen by the king cobra - I just wish he was less picky right now.

The entire system needs a revamp, honestly. I'd rather have a new way to decide a king than a randomly determined king.

Keep the current test, but instead of people who succeed automatically becoming king, they become a prospective king. Make it so the test is far easier, so that more people can potentially become king- that way over time, you can have a way to collect a group of people who want to 'become' kings.

Then, give those people a challenge- maybe utilize the duel arena for fights, or maybe have it be based off pvp kills or whatever. Something that the group of prospective kings need to do in order to 'win' and actually become king.

Not having any agency in who becomes king besides spending hours running back to the npc that assigns them and praying for a 1/500 chance to become one sucks, and so does the fact that anyone can become king off of pure luck (the characteristics required can be achieved in a day and dont pretend otherwise) and then you're stuck with them for up to a month is awful.

I'm in favor of randomness. A lot of very active PvPers feel entitled to it, but honestly it's a lot more interesting when a random guy from your alliance becomes king and becomes more involved in PvP because of it. Additionally term limits would be nice so others get a chance too

Bump. Still no kings.

People here stopped trying so often because it takes forever to make the trip and the chances seem incredibly low

Would say +1.

I think the RNG is just incredibly low for this amount of people based on the formula for it. Not one kingdom has a ruler after a month, and the ruler and kingdom titles are a pretty big part of the game. 

Set the RNG probabilibty so its at minimum 1% chance.

Optional:

Add an extra 0.1% per 100 rank above 1000.

Edited by Zekezor

Can't wait for one kingdom to get lucky and get King while the other two dont have one for more months so that kingdom just auto wins

We are looking into changing the formula for getting king as a month without any king in any kingdom is clearly not going to work long term.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 2:36 AM, Darklords said:

We are looking into changing the formula for getting king as a month without any king in any kingdom is clearly not going to work long term.

Did that get updated?