Sign in to follow this  
BrokenSanity

Shared sleep bonus across Northern Isles cluster

The sleep bonus pool should be shared between all servers in the Northern Isles cluster; Defiance, Harmony, and Melody.

For example, if you have 3 hours of sleep bonus on one server, you have 3 hours on all the servers. If you use up 20 minutes on one server, you lose 20 minutes on all the servers.

Seeing as account/character skills mostly cross between servers, it makes sense for the sleep bonus to cross too. This would stop people feeling like they're forced to play on any specific server in order to use up their sleep bonus, and instead give them the freedom to grind wherever they please. 

Edited by BrokenSanity
Removed a point that's no longer relevant after the recent faith announcement. The rest of the post is still very relevant though.
  • Like 9

On 7/29/2020 at 1:15 PM, SmeJack said:

Penalising players for wanting to play both is not a good move, I understand that unlike epic skills not transferring to freedom this is essentially giving double sleep bonus it doesn't need to be an all or nothing situation... find a balance... like making your sb the same pool for both sides... im sure if you think about it for a second you can come up with something better than a flat removal knee jerk reaction

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/176852-using-pvp-portals-on-defiance-to-get-free-sleep-bonus-by-hiding-in-harmony/&tab=comments#comment-1796995

14 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

On 7/29/2020 at 4:32 AM, Retrograde said:

Since skillgain transfers both ways (for all things that sleep bonus affects) You are not being penalised for playing on either. 

It was in for epic as skilling on epic did not transfer to freedom, therefore it was to provide some bonus for playing on both. With the Northern Freedom Isles, skillgain on any server transfers to both servers, therefor any sleep bonus used in skilling will work on any server. 

I fundamentally disagree with Retro's response (quoted above) to when you previously brought up shared sleep bonus. 

You are being penalised if you choose to play on the server where you do not have sleep bonus. Therefore, in order to not be penalised, you're forced to play on a specific server.  As I said, shared sleep bonus would give people more freedom to play where they wish.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, BrokenSanity said:

I fundamentally disagree with Retro's response (quoted above) to when you previously brought up shared sleep bonus. 

You are being penalised if you choose to play on the server where you do not have sleep bonus. Therefore, in order to not be penalised, you're forced to play on a specific server.  As I said, shared sleep bonus would give people more freedom to play where they wish.

Yeah I said basically something similar but he ignored it.

Edited by SmeJack
  • Like 2

This would make me play on the PvE servers more. Right now, with the skills I'm working on, there's no reason for me to go to Melody or Harmony. With this suggestion, I'd at least pop over and use my affinities on PvE on sleep bonus.

Edited by John
  • Like 1

Bump. Consider this:

As most skills currently transfer between the PvE and PvP servers, having a shared sleep bonus pool would not affect game balance in the slightest.

The only affects this change would have on this game are positive ones, namely giving people more freedom to choose where they can play. This in turn could perhaps reduce the excess of deeds on the PvE servers slightly, giving the more permanent PvE inhabitants more space to roam, plant deeds, etc.

• Like 1

Don't see why not, makes sense. Especially good if people have sleep powder on 1 side of the portal and play on the other

I agree with a Shared Sleep Bonus across servers.
In the sense that it works like the skills themselves.
The previous method of "Gain Sleep Bonus on a Server you are not active on" was abused horribly and thus removed because of it.

Now making the Sleep Bonus gained/earned/used or whatever persist just as your skills do would be ideal entirely. I'm surprised to hear it doesn't already and doesn't make sense that it doesn't.