Sign in to follow this  
Annette

Guard Towers with Map Coordinates

Hello Fellow Harmonians,

As those that have known me over the years would remember, I constantly get lost.

I would ask that the builders of towers on Harmony would please rename the tower with the map co-ords as this makes it so much easier than to have to annoy people in local constantly asking "where are we please?"

It is not a difficult thing to do and makes the game navigation so much easier.

Shoot me down if you like.

Thanks Annette.  (Carla on Northern isles)

• Like 4

This is something we've always done and have seen a few other folks do as well.
Still though we find most Towers don't have coordinates listed on them and can't help but sigh a sad sigh ourselves.

If you happen to be lost and stumble upon Serzania, do not fear my guard tower now shows the grid number AND if you just come around to the front of the deed, the highway is to Heartland is finished.  By the way, I found myself lost and scrolled over a marked tower and I was very grateful because I then had my bearings.  Pretty easy to do, just add your grid number to the end of the description of the tower in edit.  

Something I’ve always done over the past few years, and I regularly check towers when sailing around coasts I’m less familiar with, just in case any have the coordinates on so I can cross reference with the map and check I am where I think I am.

It’s a very useful thing to do, it’s as simple as renaming your tower with you’re coordinates in the name, and I urge all wurmians to do the same wherever possible, knowing where we are is not simple if you’re not decades old and used to the vagaries of wurm navigation.

• Like 1

We tried to do this on our guard tower, but then realized the "owner" was our village mate that has not returned to Wurm. 

• Like 1